Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus
Click to log in with Facebook
FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus Delays in FBI namecheck during 485 processing and legal options of filing Writ of Mandamus in court to get namecheck cleared.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Compare
BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts
Default Infopass at detroit office

Hi all!

I did quick search on this website and notice nothing about infopass experience at Detroit, MI office ( ... I am sure someone smarty pants is going to say I didn't search hard enough), anyway I wanted to share my expereience, so started this thread.

I have apointment tommorow, and will share what happened ( or didn't). If you had been already thru this, please feel free to share pointers.

Regards and Peace!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about GCNirvana007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECsufferer View Post
Hi all!

I did quick search on this website and notice nothing about infopass experience at Detroit, MI office ( ... I am sure someone smarty pants is going to say I didn't search hard enough), anyway I wanted to share my expereience, so started this thread.

I have apointment tommorow, and will share what happened ( or didn't). If you had been already thru this, please feel free to share pointers.

Regards and Peace!
Good luck, mine is the same PD

Old 08-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/20/2007
Compare
jaane_bhi_do_yaaro is a splendid one to behold jaane_bhi_do_yaaro is a splendid one to behold jaane_bhi_do_yaaro is a splendid one to behold jaane_bhi_do_yaaro is a splendid one to behold jaane_bhi_do_yaaro is a splendid one to behold jaane_bhi_do_yaaro is a splendid one to behold jaane_bhi_do_yaaro is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCNirvana007 View Post
Good luck, mine is the same PD
Good Luck for tomorrow's meeting.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
indiancitizen77 is infamous around these parts indiancitizen77 is infamous around these parts

I have been there a couple of times - once to the old office and more recently to the new office. Just make sure you pack a lot of patience because they made me wait for about 3 hours for my number to be called. When enquiring about name checks, they werent helpful. They quoted policy of not sharing info about cases pending in security checks. Congressional liaisons are generally more helpful. I hope my experience was timely enough to be helpful. Good luck!

Quote:
Hi all!

Regards and Peace!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute niklshah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi all!

Regards and Peace!
I had info pass at detroit office last year regarding my EAD application. They were of no help, they called just in few minutes but it was of no help guy was really rude and he did not want to see any documents which i wanted to show him. so it was of no use. than i went to Senator Levin's office and they were of real good help they followed up on my case and i got my approval in couple of days.

anyways

good luck for your meeting.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Compare
BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts
Default Check list

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiancitizen77 View Post
I have been there a couple of times - once to the old office and more recently to the new office. Just make sure you pack a lot of patience because they made me wait for about 3 hours for my number to be called. When enquiring about name checks, they werent helpful. They quoted policy of not sharing info about cases pending in security checks. Congressional liaisons are generally more helpful. I hope my experience was timely enough to be helpful. Good luck!
Thanks for keeping me on ground ... only time I had been their was for fingerprinting 2 yrs ago. So not expecting much ... but got to line out questioners:

1. Whatz up lazy dude? ... this will put him/ her at ease, next
2. Check upon case status for my I485? ... this will make him bang the keys. REsult nothing.
3. Alright, is the namecheck done? ... He will shrug shoulders
4. Were the fingerprints alright? ... replies uh. I reply, than why the $u@^ did u let them expire
5. Has my application pre-adjudicated? ... nope.

Bingo ... worth my trip. And I leave.

You guys think I missed something?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Compare
Default Update

Had the visit. Went very pleasant but fruitless. Officer told me all checks except "background" check had been done. Beyond this, she refrained from making any usefull remark.

BTW: It's a nice big and open facility!

Old 08-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Had the visit. Went very pleasant but fruitless. Officer told me all checks except "background" check had been done. Beyond this, she refrained from making any usefull remark.

BTW: It's a nice big and open facility!
How long you had to wait?
Where is the office located in Detroit?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Compare

11411 E. Jefferson Ave. Detroit.

If you schedule an infopass, the address will be their.

How long was wait? ... I reached 4 mins before so total was 5 mins.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
frustratedbutpatient is on a distinguished road
Default Useless visit, may be I didn't ask the right questions

I visited last July. I arrived few minutes late but I was able to immediately meet with the officer. She was not helpful at all. Her answer was to wait. I had my fingerprinting last December and I should have received an interview notice since my wife petitioned for me. I haven't heard anything since. She refused to give me any answers. She said that my case was at another office. She refused to say what office and she said I had to wait for my turn. Reading a little on this forum, I realized that I should have been more specific when I asked questions. I placed an inquiry at congressman Levin's office and they got back to me in a week that my case is in security check but they never told me how long that would take. Yesterday, I called the national customer service and they said they would have the Detroit office communicate with me. I will wait for few weeks during which time I will gather a list of questions to ask for my next InfoPass appointment. Please help with the questions I should ask.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default Detroit Infopass officers are laid back

Detroit Infopass officers are laid back, if it is the same heavy lady you had to go to I sympathize with you. She was the most mean govt official I have come across in past 10 years. Her response to me was the details about my case cannot be discussed due to National Security reasons, tried ask another question and was abruptly cut to be asked to wait.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough fatjoe is a jewel in the rough

I had a couple of appointments in Detroit in the past two months. Got to meet with two different IOs, who were cordial. At least told me that I was pre-adjudicated. But refused to dis-close any other info.
Anyhow, got CPO emails for me and and my son on Oct 22nd. My spouse's case is at Detoir office. Planning to go to Detroit tomorrow, to see what's up with his case. Is there anyone, who got approval from Detroit office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drirshad View Post
Detroit Infopass officers are laid back, if it is the same heavy lady you had to go to I sympathize with you. She was the most mean govt official I have come across in past 10 years. Her response to me was the details about my case cannot be discussed due to National Security reasons, tried ask another question and was abruptly cut to be asked to wait.