Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bill2_smith is infamous around these parts bill2_smith is infamous around these parts
Question Never Bring Your Parents To USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar2001 View Post
hi,

my parents will be travelling to the US in a couple of months, and I was looking for health insurance for them. Based on various forums, looks like US companies are preferable to insurance bought from india (and as per forums, ICICI lombard seems to have the most negative reviews among the indian firms).

Anyways - has anyone used insu buy .com to buy medical insurance for their parents, and had to make a claim? They seem to be an insurance broker -- so the insurance company will be a third party, but they (insu_buy) seems to claim that they will also help out with claims in case of any issues.

Anyone have any experience buying + claiming insurance via ? (and if so, what was the insurance company that sold the claim via ?)

I searched immigration voice forums for "insu buy" but though there are many threads about medical insurance for parents, there doesnt seem to be any mention of -- so any experiences shared will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Looks like the IV forum is automatically filtering out [insu buy] and [buy american insurance] if i remove spaces from the words -- probably an anti spam measure. Hence i've put spaces between the "insu" and "buy" & between "buy" and "american insurance" -- without it, when i preview my message before posting, the words seem to get auto filtered out of the message!! (anyone seen anything like this before?!!)
Are you Millionaire?Do you have lot of money or lot of savings? Even with US passport the moment citizens cross 50 years they are on death bed in US. One hour in emergency room (just hello and goodmorning) in public hospital cost $1000.Its a capatilist country and they dont care about people and even citizens.If you come to US then dont get ever sick. I know in Canada and UK taxes are high but when you need services NHS and other agencies are always there to help you and protect you. It takes 1000 days in Canada for parents to get PR and after PR they are all eligible to use Canadian free public health system.20000 pages of new Obama's health care reform and it does nothing regarding pre-existing conditions, immigrants,high deductibles and aged US citizens.Even full time employeed people with employer insurance really have to fight very hard to get their insurance pay for necessary medical services in US.Its because all insurance companies are always looking for bogus and false reasons to just deny even ligitimate claims.

I strongly suggest all indians and immigrants to please dont ever grow old or sick in USA otherwise your American dream will give its real nightmare reality.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2010
Compare
sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all sweet23guyin is a name known to all
Default How about this..?

Came across this
http://www..com/compare/result.php

Any one comment on these kind of plan?

Thanks always.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

If your parents have bad health, then its a risky trip anyways .. but if they are in a reasonable health, then most insurance plans (except the super cheap ones) should be fine to cover any emergencies .... I have used k v rao insurance couple of times (but never had to make a claim) ...

There are always bad stories about claim process, but that is just the nature of Insurance industry (had such experiences with my employer insurance as well ... despite it being a Fortune100 company with generous benefits)... so choose your poison!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold
Default My Negative experience with I!M_G*G#L^O&B(A)L

Folks, I took 100K coverage with I!M_G*G#L^O&B(A)L through the agent I*N*@S#U^B%u^y.

Unfortunately one week before my dad left, I had to take him to ER as he had an attack. The bills came out to 50K+, the insurance company denied all claims saying it is pre-existing.
The hospital and the doctor who attended him at ER as well as the hospital gave me a letter saying it is not pre-existing. But insurance company will not accept it.

The guy at the agent, talks nicely but he says we cannot do anything, just go in understanding with the hospital and pay it in installments. He also says do not file any law suit it is not useful.

All this is total scam, i did pay a huge premium but now i have lots of bills to pay.

So i agree with others, please do your research properly. And do not believe sales guys or agents, they will talk very nicely but when it comes to claims you are on your own...

Old 06-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
andy61andy35 is on a distinguished road

I see and have been extensively advertising so I wanted to CAUTION those who are planning to buy insurance from those companies.

I am in the US for a Dept of State funded Fellowship Program. My wife and son visited me for 6 months. I have purchased insurance from International Medical Group (.COM) through .COM for my visiting son (3 years old) for 6 six months. I wanted to purchase a, what they call, comprehensive plan for piece of mind and went for the expensive 0 deductible one. The exact plan was Patriot America which we paid around $400. First of all they are very efficient and approachable when it comes to TAKING YOUR MONEY. However, when you try to reach them for the services you paid for, it becomes impossible to find someone to talk to.

In January my son had a very long lasting flu with high fevers. We spent days of sleepless nights as a family. Eventually we decided to go to the hospital since we started to worry since it lasted more than 20 days. We contacted the hospital in advance to confirm coverage which they did. Anyway, we went to the hospital. The doctor told the flu is in its final stages so did not prescribe medicine. Total bill was around $500.

REFUSED TO PAY SINCE THEY CLAIMED IT WAS A ROUTINE VISIT. They did not pay a single cent! We tried to communicate them to describe the situation but no use.

The second surprise came when my family left earlier than planned. We thought we should cancel the plan since we did not use any of their services. This was part of the cancellation policy. We naively thought we could get a small amount (around $30) back. And you know what happened. THEY DECLINED OUR CANCELLATION REQUEST STATING WE HAD FILED A CLAIM!!! We wrote to them stating that they did not pay anything for us so they should honor their contract.

My final words: NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM OR . Donít try read the fine print, because they will find a way anyway. Also do not pay attention to the glowing reviews online which are probably written by their employees. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE WRITING A REVIEW JUST LIKE THIS.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
andy61andy35 is on a distinguished road

I see 1NSU8UY and 1MGL08AL have been extensively advertising so I wanted to CAUTION those who are planning to buy insurance from those companies.

I am in the US for a Dept of State funded Fellowship Program. My wife and son visited me for 6 months. I have purchased insurance from International Medical Group (1MGL08AL.COM) through 1NSU8UY.COM for my visiting son (3 years old) for 6 six months. I wanted to purchase a, what they call, comprehensive plan for piece of mind and went for the expensive 0 deductible one. The exact plan was Patriot America which we paid around $400. First of all they are very efficient and approachable when it comes to TAKING YOUR MONEY. However, when you try to reach them for the services you paid for, it becomes impossible to find someone to talk to.

In January my son had a very long lasting flu with high fevers. We spent days of sleepless nights as a family. Eventually we decided to go to the hospital since we started to worry since it lasted more than 20 days. We contacted the hospital in advance to confirm coverage which they did. Anyway, we went to the hospital. The doctor told the flu is in its final stages so did not prescribe medicine. Total bill was around $500.

1MGL08AL REFUSED TO PAY SINCE THEY CLAIMED IT WAS A ROUTINE VISIT. They did not pay a single cent! We tried to communicate them to describe the situation but no use.

The second surprise came when my family left earlier than planned. We thought we should cancel the plan since we did not use any of their services. This was part of the cancellation policy. We naively thought we could get a small amount (around $30) back. And you know what happened. THEY DECLINED OUR CANCELLATION REQUEST STATING WE HAD FILED A CLAIM!!! We wrote to them stating that they did not pay anything for us so they should honor their contract.

My final words: NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM 1NSU8UY OR 1MGL08AL. Don’t try read the fine print, because they will find a way anyway. Also do not pay attention to the glowing reviews online which are probably written by their employees. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE WRITING A REVIEW JUST LIKE THIS.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this is a dangerous situation for immigrants. I am not sure if its any better for Citizens!
Healthcare is a biggest threat! If you are healthy and or if you have ton of money, you can dream about so called "american dream".

Old 07-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raj103 is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone Does anyone have experience with the Ace Network Plan from k p rao .org

Does anyone have experience with the Ace Network Plan from k p rao .org?
http://www..org/tr-plan.html

It seems to be the only one covering pre-exisiting condition for someone over 80 years.

It is pretty expensive. I wanted to know I am dealing with a reliable company before deciding.

Thanks