Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent - TB Test - 485 medical exam

Hi,

Yesterday I went for medical exam and did TB Test.

Again on Tuesday I have to visit Doctor and Dr. will confirm if i have TB positive or not ?

I can see Red spot on my skin and looks like it is +ve right now.

Any idea what can i do in next two days to avoid +ve. Any home remedy or lotion.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/13/2012
Compare
rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute rssb has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry, even if skin test comes positive, they will do a seconday x-ray test. And in most cases it will come as negative. you should be ok.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute

I second rssb.

I had false +ve result because of my childhood BCG but of course chest Xray was negative.
BCG (Bacille Calmette Guerin) vaccination is a TB immunization that most of the third world children including Indian had vaccinated during their childhood. Past inoculation with this vaccine can result in a false positive TB test.

By the way , to be positive, the red area must be 10mm or more.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amman View Post
I second rssb.

I had false +ve result because of my childhood BCG but of course chest Xray was negative.
BCG (Bacille Calmette Guerin) vaccination is a TB immunization that most of the third world children including Indian had vaccinated during their childhood. Past inoculation with this vaccine can result in a false positive TB test.

By the way , to be positive, the red area must be 10mm or more.
For Immigration purpose, it is positive for 5 mm or more. In all cases of >= 5 mm, you need an X-ray. But I agree, in most cases X-ray is negative. I had 15mm and after false X-ray, doctor said it might be latent TB. This was noted in my Medical form and she suggested that I go to a TB clinic for further evaluation. However, she made it clear that it is purely optional and there is no impact in immigration process

Old 01-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute

my bad..yes for immigration purposes 5mm or more is considered as +ve.
From USCIS site,

What are the new requirements for tuberculosis (TB) testing and treatment?

Detailed information on the new requirements are available in the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention¿s (CDC) document, Tuberculosis Component of the Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States. A link to this document, along with a memo outlining the changes to the TB testing requirements and frequently asked questions, is available in the related links section of this page.

Some of the major changes to the TB requirements include:

Applicants with Class A tuberculosis must complete a full course of TB treatment before receiving medical clearance by USCIS for adjustment of status.
A chest x-ray is required for all applicants with a tuberculin skin test (TST) reaction of less than 5 mm who have signs or symptoms of TB or immunosuppression.
A chest x-ray is required for all applicants with a TST reaction of more than 5 mm, including pregnant women.
Sputum cultures and drug susceptibility testing for positive cultures are required for applicants with chest x-ray findings suggestive of active TB disease.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of

Dude - don't mess with it - you are asking for help to cheat in a test.

These immigration doctors do TB tests all the time and they will know if there was foul play.

If you are positive consider yourself lucky to have found the bug before you started becoming sick. Once you show symptoms you will be deemed as contagious and that not good. You will be in the news - consider the headline "legal high skilled immigrant cheats TB test and now has extreme drug resistant TB".

Its 1000 times worse than not being able to file for 485 - like quarantine, testing and medication for your family, friends and co-workers - consider that. This is America you could end with nothing after been sued for damages by your co-workers.

Count your blessings.

Having said that, most of the Indians fall under the same category as krishmunn, skin test +ve and x-ray -ve. Latent TB meaning exposed to the bug and do not have TB, if your immune system is compromised the the risk of getting active TB is slightly greater than someone who had a -ver skin test.

Chill and you will be fine.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
delhiguy has a spectacular aura about delhiguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencard.wait View Post
Hi,

Yesterday I went for medical exam and did TB Test.

Again on Tuesday I have to visit Doctor and Dr. will confirm if i have TB positive or not ?

I can see Red spot on my skin and looks like it is +ve right now.

Any idea what can i do in next two days to avoid +ve. Any home remedy or lotion.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
R u crazy ?? U want to do an immigration fraud ...

Old 01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute

I second what 'ncrtpMay2004' has to say. For me and my wife, TB tests came postive and then we were recommended for x-ray and that came negative. Doctor mentioned that its common with Asians ..

Its better to follow what doctor says .. nothing to worry. dont try to fool the system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrtpMay2004 View Post

These immigration doctors do TB tests all the time and they will know if there was foul play.

If you are positive consider yourself lucky to have found the bug before you started becoming sick. Once you show symptoms you will be deemed as contagious and that not good. You will be in the news - consider the headline "legal high skilled immigrant cheats TB test and now has extreme drug resistant TB".

Its 1000 times worse than not being able to file for 485 - like quarantine, testing and medication for your family, friends and co-workers - consider that. This is America you could end with nothing after been sued for damages by your co-workers.

Count your blessings.

Having said that, most of the Indians fall under the same category as krishmunn, skin test +ve and x-ray -ve. Latent TB meaning exposed to the bug and do not have TB, if your immune system is compromised the the risk of getting active TB is slightly greater than someone who had a -ver skin test.

c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of NIW has much to be proud of

Chill dude!
The induration at the TST(TB test) site says your immune system is in good shape and you are alive. Dont panic. The doctor decides whether its positive or not. Even if its positive, you may not have active infection. If you have latent TB, talk to your PCP and get treated. You'll be thankful later in life for visiting this site.

If you see flashing red and blue lights in your rearview mirror, stop your car, dont try to escape. He is trying to save your life.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light ajp5 is a glorious beacon of light

"legal high skilled immigrant cheats TB test and now has extreme drug resistant TB"...hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrtpMay2004 View Post

Count your blessings.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heard you

I heard you all and not done any cheating.. Thanks for your input.

my TB Test came positive and then went for Chest X-ray which came negative.

Today going to get medical report from doctor.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
alexclare08 is on a distinguished road

I second what 'ncrtpMay2004' has to say. For me and my wife, TB tests came postive and then we were recommended for x-ray and that came negative. Doctor mentioned that its common with Asians ..It is true i am agree with you in this matter.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
alexclare08 is on a distinguished road

Tourisme informatie over Barcelona. Hotels in Barcelona hotels, bezienswaardigheden Barcelona en meer.