Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
barbeque1111 is on a distinguished road
Question Urgent TB, doctor report me to local health department

I had positive skin test. Right after the X-ray, the doctor told me it's negative and gave me the sealed envelop. The next day, the doctor left me a message that he re-considered and cannot rule out the possibility of TB. A few days later, I got a call from the local health department.

What should I do? Thanks for helping.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your health, and I wish you for your early recovery.

What did health department suggested ?

I found this , it might be helpful. click here

Old 05-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute GC4physicist has a reputation beyond repute
Default TB question

Dont worry. Just go to the health department. They will do some blood work. Some asians/Indians have latent TB. If thats the case they will recommend you for medicines. You dont have to take them. You can also refuse. Now if you have active TB you will have to undergo treatment and hospital stay. I am pretty sure you dont have active TB since you would have a lot worse symptoms. Dont worry this will not affect your immigration paper work. Heck even HIV positive people cannot be stopped getting a GC.
Just go to the health department and unless you have active TB dont take the medicines they are know to cause liver/kidney problems. Also consult you familiy doctor regarding advise for TB medications and sideeffects. I am just writing what I had done when I had gotten the letter from health department when I was a Grad Student.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doctor is a nut case

Positive PPD = latent infection(1/3 of Indians have it)
Cxr normal = nor more testing needed - they might offer INH for 9 months if you work in health care

The doctor who did your papers overreacted - you will be fine and if needed you can send the normal X-ray report along with a repeat medical from another "qualified doctor"
Or see a pulmonary doctor and get a letter stating " he does NOT have active TB and is not an infective risk" provide this letter to the immigration doctor

Did he tell ou what he wrote in the form?

Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
barbeque1111 is on a distinguished road
Smile Thank you all for your replies.

Thank you all for your replies. I will ask for blood work to confirm.