Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 12:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sekharan can only hope to improve
Question Difference between a civil surgeon filling out I-693 completely vs. "transcript"

I have all the vaccinations and reports that the I-693 requires (and more).

Just to be thorough with what I mean, I have original reports of all the following from certified medical centers in California:

Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Influenza
Meningococcal
Pneumococcal
Pertussis
Varicella
HIV + RPR/Syphilis test
TB Skin test

The only things I do not have (becuase I cannot get any medical center to give me) are:

Haemophilus influenzae type B
Rotavirus

The civil surgeons near me charge a minimum of $150 to complete the I-693.

All of them say that that they will have to rerun certain tests because they cannot trust the results even if they are from a medical center in the U.S.!

However, some of them are ready to provide me with, what they call a "transcript" for $50 but the receptionists are unable to explain how that would be different from the civil surgeon filling out I-693 completely.

Is a $50 "transcript" sufficient for the I-693 or do I have to fork out a minimum of $150 to complete the I-693 with information I already have the results of (but cannot get the civil surgeon to accept)?

(As an aside: none of these civil surgeons accept insurance, where my deductible is $0 for these tests, and I have to pay them by cash or check!)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

First, 693 need more than vaccine. It also include a physical exam.

Second, theCS must accept vaccines and TB skin test from outside provider. For TB skin test, it need to be within a certain period ... I think 6 months but pls check

Third, if the CS wants to conduct vaccines again, do it, pay, get the report and then write a letter to CS saying it is illegal and you will report them if they do not refund your money. It will work wonders