Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
sumanitha can only hope to improve
Lightbulb Free Medical Examinations

To all of you...

If you go and search for "County Health Center, <your city>, <your state>", you can get the list of Health centers and their phone numbers available.

You can go and get your immunizations (shots) in case you dont have your immunization records. I believe, especially for Indians born before 1990, they wont have immunization records. So you can get it for free.

Also, they do the TB skin test as well as if it is found positive, they do the x-ray. If it is positive dont panic it may be due to many reasons and your x-rays will prove that you dont have active bacteria.

The Blood test for HIV and Syphilis is also not costly I think.

Please make use of this opportunity.

You can take these reports to an authorized immigrant Doctor and pay him a small fee to get your report.

Hope this helps the IV group and others. If you get benefitted, please pass the message to all of you who know are applying for 485.

All the very best.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute indrachat_75 has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that the vaccinations needs to be administered by Civil Surgeons recognised by USCIS only. That's not correct ?

Indra

Old 06-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
sumanitha can only hope to improve
Default not sure

Actually, I came to know when I went to the medical examination. The Doctor told me, if you want you can have your shots here (MMR, TD, Varicella) will cost around 200$ or you can have it in your county health center which will be free of cost.

So I decided let us try there first and it was a success. The Immigration Doctor also approved it and he has given certification.

It is upto you.. You can check with your Immigration Doctor first if you want.

Thanks

Old 06-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanitha
To all of you...

If you go and search for "County Health Center, <your city>, <your state>", you can get the list of Health centers and their phone numbers available.

You can go and get your immunizations (shots) in case you dont have your immunization records. I believe, especially for Indians born before 1990, they wont have immunization records. So you can get it for free.

Also, they do the TB skin test as well as if it is found positive, they do the x-ray. If it is positive dont panic it may be due to many reasons and your x-rays will prove that you dont have active bacteria.

The Blood test for HIV and Syphilis is also not costly I think.

Please make use of this opportunity.

You can take these reports to an authorized immigrant Doctor and pay him a small fee to get your report.

Hope this helps the IV group and others. If you get benefitted, please pass the message to all of you who know are applying for 485.

All the very best.
This depends entirely on the USCIS doctor you go to. In my case they would not accept anything at all even from my employers health clinic and I work for a hospital. They absolutely insisted on everything being carried out under their roof even my fourth TB skin test (I presented them with documenation of the previous ones) which was just ridiculous since there is an inherent risk in keep having this test carried out, but hey there is little option when you are working with bureaucracy gone mad.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/19/2007
Chargeability
:
Kenya
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
jkays94 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabacklog
This depends entirely on the USCIS doctor you go to. In my case they would not accept anything at all even from my employers health clinic and I work for a hospital. They absolutely insisted on everything being carried out under their roof even my fourth TB skin test (I presented them with documenation of the previous ones) which was just ridiculous since there is an inherent risk in keep having this test carried out, but hey there is little option when you are working with bureaucracy gone mad.
The doctor's behavior seems to be $$ driven. He obviously defied medical ethics and could draw a sanction from a medical board if the matter was pursued but by the time that is done retrogression could be around the corner and you would loose more than he would. In such a case I would simply go to an ethical civil surgeon if you have such an option.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

What takes priority - medical or vaccinations?

Old 06-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of
Red face Questions!!

1. Can we go to any doctor?
2. Is there any USCIS form that the doctor needs to fill out?
3. How long does the process normally take?

Appreciate response.

Thanks

Old 06-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Compare
indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold indianabacklog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkays94
The doctor's behavior seems to be $$ driven. He obviously defied medical ethics and could draw a sanction from a medical board if the matter was pursued but by the time that is done retrogression could be around the corner and you would loose more than he would. In such a case I would simply go to an ethical civil surgeon if you have such an option.

It was a set price for the exam regardless. I did not need the vaccinations, already in place, just the TB skin test, blood test and xray. It might have helped if he understood English, since it is the language I was trying to communicate with him in.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
captin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Where to find authorized doctor?

Can anyone please provide USCIS URL or something where we can find authorized doctor to do the medical?

Old 06-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2004
Compare
voldemar will become famous soon enough voldemar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captin
Can anyone please provide USCIS URL or something where we can find authorized doctor to do the medical?
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=CIV
And I used County Health Center to get my vaccinations done.

Last edited by voldemar; 06-14-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
milind70 has a spectacular aura about milind70 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrachat_75
I read somewhere that the vaccinations needs to be administered by Civil Surgeons recognised by USCIS only. That's not correct ?

Indra
Vaccinations can be administered by any doctor or hospital or county clinic but you should have record for that .Medical Examination should be carried out by Civil Surgeons recognized by USCIS.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of coolmanasip has much to be proud of

Is there a list anywhere I can find of which vaccinations we need to take.......Also, I assume vaccinations are for both me and my wife?

Old 06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Raj2006 is infamous around these parts Raj2006 is infamous around these parts
Default URL for to find authorized docs

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...ffice_type=CIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by captin

Old 06-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sanan is on a distinguished road

Go to the (USCIS Approved) doctor they will tell you all! You DON'T have to take the shots! They can do a blood test (forgot the correct name) and determine if you have enough antibodies. It takes a weak. Yes both for your wife and you.
If you are any one is in the DC area I can recommend a Doctor, they charge on $ 200 for everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmanasip
Is there a list anywhere I can find of which vaccinations we need to take.......Also, I assume vaccinations are for both me and my wife?
AP(Approved): Jan 26th 2005
EAD(Approved): Jan 28th 2005
140(Approved): Feb 28th 2005
FP: Aug 27th 2005, May 8th 2007
LUD(485): Aug 30th 2005
GC Recd: Jun 11th 2007
Spouse
485/EAD/AP: RD/ND Jun 20th 2007/July 18th 2007
FP:Aug 11th 2007
EAD(Approved): Aug 7th 2007

Old 06-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default list of exams

does anyone know what all needs to be done for medical exam ?
what sort of vaccination, exams etc. can everything be done in 1 day or it takes more time. how long does it take to get the reports?
and for how long are the tests valid ?