Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
babapranab is on a distinguished road
Default Form I-693 + kaiser permanente

Glad to hear that you were able to get the report from Kaiser. Does Kaiser representatives know about this Form I-693 and the required tests and shots ?
Do you suggest that we take a Dr appointment instead and talk to doctor about it and just get the shots and test done ?, then find a USCIS approved doctor who accepts the reports from other doctors ? Please advise.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Donot make bogus claims and stupid sales here

Not a single insurance company covers USCIS medical costs. Do not make bogus claims and do a smart sale here. Please dont trust any such claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmSm View Post
FYI
Most insurance companies cover the immunization and test part of the USCIS medical exam.
When finished with the Dr.'s office don't forget to take the receipt and then file for insurance claim.
We did ours in Jan 2004 when we filed our I485. It took me another 6 months to go through the insurance claims and few follow ups with the Dr.'s office and the insurance company. But I did get 350+350 = $700 refund that was useful to file for repeated AP and EADs.

May be you can donate it to IV if you get the money back from insurance company since you learned that here at IV. Actually you should donate that to IV.

Our insurance company at that time was Humana.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
Not a single insurance company covers USCIS medical costs. Do not make bogus claims and do a smart sale here. Please dont trust any such claims.
Hi Murthy,

ACA or Obamacare covers all of the vaccination costs as preventive care. You dont have to pay any copay either. I talked to my insurance (BCBS) about coverage and they said they are going to cover the physical and bloodwork portion too depending on the codes billed by the doctor. Accordingly, I have sent our bills and receipts to BCBS and waiting for the reimbursement. I didnt have to take any vaccinations though.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ng2013 is on a distinguished road
Default Immunization before medical ?

This is exactly what my insurance told me. It really depends on how the billing is done. I have one question though. We are not supposed to get medical done before the date become current. But can we at least get the immunization done before hand and use that record while doing medical for AOS ? How long is that immunization valid for ?

Old 05-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sengs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2013 View Post
This is exactly what my insurance told me. It really depends on how the billing is done. I have one question though. We are not supposed to get medical done before the date become current. But can we at least get the immunization done before hand and use that record while doing medical for AOS ? How long is that immunization valid for ?
The immunization is valid for your lifetime. The I-693 is valid for one calendar year. Once everything is done, the civil surgeon will give you a sealed envelope that you have to send to the USCIS. He/she is also going to give you a signed copy of the same for your records. Save this copy. In case it is more than a year (before USCIS adjudicates your case, which it definitely will be without any doubt), the USCIS will send you a medical RFE and ask you to redo form I-693. At that time show the signed copy to the doctor, and you do not have to go through vaccination anymore.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NYCcivilsurgeon is on a distinguished road
Default It's federal fraud - call insurer - ask I do this fro immigration OK? "NO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmSm View Post
FYI
Most insurance companies cover the immunization and test part of the USCIS medical exam.
When finished with the Dr.'s office don't forget to take the receipt and then file for insurance claim.
We did ours in Jan 2004 when we filed our I485. It took me another 6 months to go through the insurance claims and few follow ups with the Dr.'s office and the insurance company. But I did get 350+350 = $700 refund that was useful to file for repeated AP and EADs.

May be you can donate it to IV if you get the money back from insurance company since you learned that here at IV. Actually you should donate that to IV.

Our insurance company at that time was Humana.
BAD ADVICE. REALLY REALLY BAD ADVICE. It is federal fraud to bill any insurance for ANYTHING related to TRAVEL or IMMIGRATION. Call your insurance and tell them purpose of your vaccine is for IMMIGRATION. They will tell you - sorry, not covered. It is also on USCIS website "you MAY NOT BILL insurance" " You HAVE TO PAY ALL COSTS". Please please don't misguide people by posting utter nonsense just to save a few dollars here and there. Leave your gareebi behind. Anytime you are caught, arrested, they will look at naturalized citizenship - finito - you will be cast away to your home country after you finish your sentence. For good. You don't belong here if you are telling people to stick it to insurance companies. You broke Federal law and are telling others to do the same. This is no shortcut. What bad advice!! This is what is called Mail Fraud and Wire fraud. Better get ab attorney to read your charges soon. You are telling people to commit fraud?! FBI will check your thread and you will be toast too. I am sorry. But you need to really know your facts when giving legal advice Immigration Medical Exam is LEGAL. The USCIS CIVIL SURGEON IS A FEDERAL OFFICER doing a FEDERAL EXAM - A GREEN CARD PHYSICAL EXAM. Oh My God! What bad advice!! Horrible. Just Horrible. Wait till Humana finds your sorry ass and files a complaint against you how you milked money out of them. How stupid of you. Anyone reading this post, please pay attention. Never ever commit any fraud. Insurance companies are trying to cover your health and sickness risk. They are not liable or required to pay for your employment related physicals either. Hope this helps all of you.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs down NYC Green Card Medical USCIS Civil Surgeons New Jersey NY Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCcivilsurgeon View Post
BAD ADVICE. REALLY REALLY BAD ADVICE. It is federal fraud to bill any insurance for ANYTHING related to TRAVEL or IMMIGRATION. Call your insurance and tell them purpose of your vaccine is for IMMIGRATION. They will tell you - sorry, not covered. It is also on USCIS website "you MAY NOT BILL insurance" " You HAVE TO PAY ALL COSTS". Please please don't misguide people by posting utter nonsense just to save a few dollars here and there. Leave your gareebi behind. Anytime you are caught, arrested, they will look at naturalized citizenship - finito - you will be cast away to your home country after you finish your sentence. For good. You don't belong here if you are telling people to stick it to insurance companies. You broke Federal law and are telling others to do the same. This is no shortcut. What bad advice!! This is what is called Mail Fraud and Wire fraud. Better get ab attorney to read your charges soon. You are telling people to commit fraud?! FBI will check your thread and you will be toast too. I am sorry. But you need to really know your facts when giving legal advice Immigration Medical Exam is LEGAL. The USCIS CIVIL SURGEON IS A FEDERAL OFFICER doing a FEDERAL EXAM - A GREEN CARD PHYSICAL EXAM. Oh My God! What bad advice!! Horrible. Just Horrible. Wait till Humana finds your sorry ass and files a complaint against you how you milked money out of them. How stupid of you. Anyone reading this post, please pay attention. Never ever commit any fraud. Insurance companies are trying to cover your health and sickness risk. They are not liable or required to pay for your employment related physicals either. Hope this helps all of you.
TALK ABOUT BAD ADVICE in NEW YORK CITY!!

Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Insurance and Immigration USCIS Medical Exam Civil Surgeon

Cannot Bill Insurance.
Against the Law.
Pay for it yourself, sos says USCIS.
Check their website.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Thumbs down CANNOT BILL INSURANCE for USCIS MEDICAL EXAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babapranab View Post
Glad to hear that you were able to get the report from Kaiser. Does Kaiser representatives know about this Form I-693 and the required tests and shots ?
Do you suggest that we take a Dr appointment instead and talk to doctor about it and just get the shots and test done ?, then find a USCIS approved doctor who accepts the reports from other doctors ? Please advise.
See other posts:
check uscis website,
cannot bill insurance

Old 10-02-2015, 07:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default I AGREE, MURTHY. NO insurance covers. its the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murthy View Post
I agree with you. Thank you for awesome and correct advice.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
soorya is infamous around these parts soorya is infamous around these parts soorya is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I agree with you. Thank you for awesome and correct advice.
You're all over the place answering these medical questions with some kind of "standard scare tactics" usually followed by crony Medical Associations or Pharmaceutical Industry. May be, it's time for you to add a disclaimer about your motive too. Your goal is not to help anybody- that's for sure!! You're not a civil surgeon as your username says. If so, you won't find any time to browse these non medical related forums and share your "expertise". Hopefully, you're not paid by somebody to provide your "expertise" here.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Mr. Soorya - Insurance Fraud, Federal Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by soorya View Post
You're all over the place answering these medical questions with some kind of "standard scare tactics" usually followed by crony Medical Associations or Pharmaceutical Industry. May be, it's time for you to add a disclaimer about your motive too. Your goal is not to help anybody- that's for sure!! You're not a civil surgeon as your username says. If so, you won't find any time to browse these non medical related forums and share your "expertise". Hopefully, you're not paid by somebody to provide your "expertise" here.
Mr. Soorya,
Please call your Health plan and ask them " can I have you pay for my medical visit done for immigration purpose or can i have my immigration related vaccination be paid by you or can i have my blood test done for immigration purpose paid by you?

Please read the pdf of the Technical Instructions For Civil Surgeons

It CLEARLY says who has to pay for their IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAM.

I rest my case. As will your deportation lawyer too will someday.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
soorya is infamous around these parts soorya is infamous around these parts soorya is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Mr. Soorya,
Please call your Health plan and ask them " can I have you pay for my medical visit done for immigration purpose or can i have my immigration related vaccination be paid by you or can i have my blood test done for immigration purpose paid by you?
There is no vaccination created for immigration. All vaccinations are created for prevention of some diseases or other, which should be covered by Health insurance. If it's taken on my body, it's a requirement for some kind of disease prevention. If I'm paying for a health insurance which is supposed to cover immunization, it SHOULD be covered immunization by law. For that, I don't have to have a deportation attorney- I only need a civil attorney.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Mr. Soorya,

Please read the pdf of the Technical Instructions For Civil Surgeons

Immigration Medical exam and Immunization are 2 different things- some crooks overcharge people calling it immigration immunization. There is no such thing!!

Old 10-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

That's where your bucks starts and stops i.e. with Immigration Medical Exam. For medical exam, the Doctor has to complete Form I-693 which makes it a special purpose examination. Insurance company don't have to cover such "non medically necessary" special purpose examinations similar to the pre-employment drug screening. However, Immunization is for a disease prevention and it'll be covered by health insurance plan. All you've to do is to get a script from your PCP for immunization just like one for Flu-shot. And, USCIS or DHS won't be knocking on anybody's or his physician's door for deportation. If I need an immunization, I am free to get it in this Country and if I have a health care plan which covers it, I'll be covered.

Usually, some crooks in the USCIS physician list wanted to overcharge candidates who don't have immunization records using the same scare tactics which you're using. So, good luck -if that works all the time!!