Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wetfeet80 is on a distinguished road

Advice: We are intelligent enough to understand what is covered and what is not. It is the USCIS doctors who need to stop exploiting the medical exams. Some of them are just engaged in fraudelent practices. I don't want to go into details but may do so, if you insist. We all are law abiding high skilled professionals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCcivilsurgeon View Post
Mr. Soorya,
Please call your Health plan and ask them " can I have you pay for my medical visit done for immigration purpose or can i have my immigration related vaccination be paid by you or can i have my blood test done for immigration purpose paid by you?

Please read the pdf of the Technical Instructions For Civil Surgeons

It CLEARLY says who has to pay for their IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAM.

I rest my case. As will your deportation lawyer too will someday.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maxxam is on a distinguished road
Default You cannot use medical insurance to pay for immigration purposes

Yes, vaccine costs are high. Medical costs are unaffordable for many applicants.

Just as you cannot use medical insurance to pay for conditions related to or resulted from work or auto accidents. Medical insurance providers may audit this and ask you to repay or file insurance fraud against you. You should not ask your doctors to claim benefits for you or use codes to get payments knowing that the tests or vaccines are done for immigration purposes.

You should check with your insurance providers first and make sure their pre-authorizations are in writing before you file claims against your medical insurance.

Hope that helps clearing up confusions.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Post Not Entrely Correct

The key here is do not take vaccinations directly from USCIS designated doctors who are authorized to give I-693 medical report valid for 1 year only. First decide your doctor. Find out what are the required vaccinations. You can find the list from I-693. Take these vacations separately. Some of county hospitals privde them free of cost. Take from Rite Aid Clinics. They charge less if you do not have insurance. Also most of insurance pay for vaccine cost I knew United Health pay. Take these vaccine reports to the USCIS doctor and complete rest of tests. ie you can save on vaccines only. None of other tests are covered under any insurance policy. Even big corporate companies do not reimburse these fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxam View Post
Yes, vaccine costs are high. Medical costs are unaffordable for many applicants.

Just as you cannot use medical insurance to pay for conditions related to or resulted from work or auto accidents. Medical insurance providers may audit this and ask you to repay or file insurance fraud against you. You should not ask your doctors to claim benefits for you or use codes to get payments knowing that the tests or vaccines are done for immigration purposes.

You should check with your insurance providers first and make sure their pre-authorizations are in writing before you file claims against your medical insurance.

Hope that helps clearing up confusions.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maxxam is on a distinguished road
Default Always check with your insurance providers first.

Like everything in life, there are RIGHT way to do them, and there are ways to go AROUND them. When it comes to legal matters, laws, governmental bureaucracies, insurances; my rule of thumb is: Do the right ways, and especially when it comes to giving other people advice on legal matters as non-professionals.

For those who have health insurance policies, please read the insurance policies and contracts to see if your providers cover vaccines for immigration or administrative purposes. If it is unclear, call representatives and ask and request pre-authorization in writing. Again, this is the absolutely right way to do it. If you have to either lie or be quiet about something (like not telling your doctors what the vaccines are for), you know you are not doing the right way, but going around it.