Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Medical exams and related issues
Click to log in with Facebook
Medical exams and related issues All issues related to medical exams for 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SmSm is on a distinguished road
Default Most insurances cover cost of USCIS Medical

FYI
Most insurance companies cover the immunization and test part of the USCIS medical exam.
When finished with the Dr.'s office don't forget to take the receipt and then file for insurance claim.
We did ours in Jan 2004 when we filed our I485. It took me another 6 months to go through the insurance claims and few follow ups with the Dr.'s office and the insurance company. But I did get 350+350 = $700 refund that was useful to file for repeated AP and EADs.

May be you can donate it to IV if you get the money back from insurance company since you learned that here at IV. Actually you should donate that to IV.

Our insurance company at that time was Humana.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
factoryman is on a distinguished road
Default Het, that is very good advice.

I never knew that. I will try my HMO - Kaiser Permanente

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmSm
FYI
Most insurance companies cover the immunization and test part of the USCIS medical exam.
When finished with the Dr.'s office don't forget to take the receipt and then file for insurance claim.
We did ours in Jan 2004 when we filed our I485. It took me another 6 months to go through the insurance claims and few follow ups with the Dr.'s office and the insurance company. But I did get 350+350 = $700 refund that was useful to file for repeated AP and EADs.

May be you can donate it to IV if you get the money back from insurance company since you learned that here at IV. Actually you should donate that to IV.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
priderock is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
FYI

This is great idea about filing an insurance claim for reimbursement and even Greatest idea to donate that to IV . Wish most people take this advise !!

Old 06-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice

Quote:
FYI

Great advice!! We must donate this to IV.
Just wondering if you had to fight a lot as you said it took six months.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

called United Healthcare..and my Immi Doc..
United says there has to be a Code (CPT code) of some sort that Doc will bill against.
Doc says ther e is no such code for the Immigration Physical, so they cannot bill the Ins Co...

Nothing really I can do here.
But for immuniazation, i can go to my Primary care Physician and get the shots whcih will be covered by Ins..

I am sure other Ins Co's will be different.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Follow up with the Dr's office was a struggle

Follow up with the Dr's office was a struggle because they had not heard anyone ask for receipt with details of insurance company codes.

Insurance companies give a code to each service. So immunization for something would be IMZ1234. The Dr had to provide how many injections with code, x rays with code etc. You then send it to the insurance company and get the refund.
Another way could be you can get the information before hand from the insurance company and then go for medical.

Hope it helps.

But remember if this advice helps and you get that refund donate it to IV.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default code for insurance claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty_11
called United Healthcare..and my Immi Doc..
United says there has to be a Code (CPT code) of some sort that Doc will bill against.
Doc says ther e is no such code for the Immigration Physical, so they cannot bill the Ins Co...

Nothing really I can do here.
But for immuniazation, i can go to my Primary care Physician and get the shots whcih will be covered by Ins..

I am sure other Ins Co's will be different.
The doctor can and should be able to give you code for each immunization or test. Now if the insurance company is involved they have to provide the same service at the discounted price. That is why you see different rates at different Doctors.

Well I had to fight for it but it was worth it. When there is reason and logic involve I can fight its the illogical and unjust systems like USCIS that I can not!!

Old 06-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skynet2500 has a spectacular aura about skynet2500 has a spectacular aura about
Default insurance

My insurance covers immunizations. Can I take the immunization with my PCP and takre the certicate for the medical exam. Would that be a problem? Thanks for the help.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

call INSdoc and find out.....my Doc accept simmunization records from my PCP

Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet2500
My insurance covers immunizations. Can I take the immunization with my PCP and takre the certicate for the medical exam. Would that be a problem? Thanks for the help.
Yes, just be sure to get the official immunization yellow card

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 06-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skynet2500 has a spectacular aura about skynet2500 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin
Yes, just be sure to get the official immunization yellow card
Thanks for the replies. I called the INS Doc and the lady just asked me to get the records. I think there shouldn't be an issue. This way probably I will save about $200

Old 06-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet2500
Thanks for the replies. I called the INS Doc and the lady just asked me to get the records. I think there shouldn't be an issue. This way probably I will save about $200
and please donate that to IV.....!!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold
Default Kaiser

Does anyone know if Kaiser Permanente cover the cost of immigration medicals? We did our medical thru a uscis approved doctor but never filed a claim with kaiser.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kams is on a distinguished road

Cigna covers the cost of Xray. Not sure about shots though. Will call and update you guys.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Promise To Donate

Promise to donate it to IV if you were able to save by reading here. Otherwise Pappu please delete this thread.