Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rangeela is infamous around these parts
Default Fingerprint appointment prepone in Charlotte NC

Hi All,

I have got fingerprint notice and appointment is after 3 weeks in Charlotte NC. I will not be available on that day and do not want to postpone the appointment.

I would like to prepone the appointment and I tried to find Charlotte USCIS local phone number but could not find anywhere. The only number is general 800 number and that was of no use.

Does anyone have any experience with Charlotte office? Can I just go there and will they do fingerprint any day before actual appointment? Charlotte is around 4 hours drive. It will be painful to drive there and find that they don't do fingerprint before appointment day. What day is normally good if I want to take the chance? Have anyone actually called them and prepone the appointment? What is the local office phone number?

These are two many questions. But all are related. Sorry for being so long and thanks in advance for your response...

rangeela....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeela View Post
Hi All,

I have got fingerprint notice and appointment is after 3 weeks in Charlotte NC. I will not be available on that day and do not want to postpone the appointment.

I would like to prepone the appointment and I tried to find Charlotte USCIS local phone number but could not find anywhere. The only number is general 800 number and that was of no use.

Does anyone have any experience with Charlotte office? Can I just go there and will they do fingerprint any day before actual appointment? Charlotte is around 4 hours drive. It will be painful to drive there and find that they don't do fingerprint before appointment day. What day is normally good if I want to take the chance? Have anyone actually called them and prepone the appointment? What is the local office phone number?

These are two many questions. But all are related. Sorry for being so long and thanks in advance for your response...

rangeela....
Not sure if you can prepone. Call the customer service and check if they can schedule sooner. I think, given the July fiasco/rush, they schedule based on the availabilty of appointment in local office.

Also can you please share you reciept date/notice date and when you received your FP appointment. Was your case directly sent to TSC or got trasnferred to TSC from other center.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

u should just do a walk in and see. i did a walk in with my wife and the guard did not even look for the date. just walk in and see what happens.. dont say u r there to prepone...if they see the date at that time..request/beg them based on ur circumstances.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default Check your Notice of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeela View Post
Hi All,

rangeela....
I from California so no idea about Charlotte office.

Notice of Action that you received tells you things to be done in case you want to change your biometric appointment. Though I am not sure but vaguely remember you have to contact USCIS directly if you want the change. Hope this helps
Good Luck

Old 10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
bidhanc is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Not sure abt Charlotte office, but out here in Albany, NY the DHS (Dept of Homeland Security) office entertains walk-ins on Wednesdays.
Yes, they pre-poned my Wife's FP and I walked in 5 days after my actual FP date (I was out of Town).

Old 10-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default this may work indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
u should just do a walk in and see. i did a walk in with my wife and the guard did not even look for the date. just walk in and see what happens.. dont say u r there to prepone...if they see the date at that time..request/beg them based on ur circumstances.
I did mine in Southern california and the set up is staffed by very few people and they were exceptionally helpful. I think just walking in may work.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts

Does Charlotte Office ASC have a day for walk-ins? Has any one of you done that and gotten their FP done on that day?

gchopes

Old 10-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light
Default number for charlotte office

Does anyone have a number for the charlotte office? And info on whether a walk in can be done?
Receipt from California SC
Transferred to Nebraska SC - Sept 4th 2007
EAD/AP approved - Sept 11th 2007
FP done - Oct 30, 2007
waiting waiting..

Contributed:
$500 through Google Checkout

Old 10-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thadipalam is on a distinguished road
Default Waukegan - Chicago office

Does anybody have an experience of Chicago/Waukegan office?