Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15199-just-called-uscis-cut-serv-and-got-fp-sr-confirmation.html)

mani_r1 03-24-2008 11:08 PM

Which USCIS office did you go?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar_thanu (Post 233025)
I applied 485 on July2nd 2007, we never got the FP notice, I called up the USCIS inquiry number, opened two service requests, nothing happened. My lawyer sent a letter asking USCIS to look at our case, that was ignored as well. We finally got an Infopass appointment and went to the office today, after a little bit of confusion, we were told that the most likely cause was that we sent pictures along with our EAD applications and that confused CIS procedures and they missed sending us FP notices.

Cant believe this crappy explanation, but this is what we were told. We were told that usually they call people in for FP and take the pictures and then process the EADs. Anyway, it took all of ten minutes to figure this out and issue us an FP notice, there is no reason they couldnt have done this over the phone...

Good thing though is that not having the FP done does not stop then from processing the Name check and infact my wife's name check has been completed..

Hope that helps...

Which USCIS office did you go ? Did they schedule your FP or did you get your FP done there itself?

Thanks

shankar_thanu 03-25-2008 05:20 PM

Fp

Mani_r1,
Went to the Washington DC office in Fairfax (Prosperity Ave). Got an appointment for finger printing scheduled for April8

gckalafda 03-25-2008 05:30 PM

FingerPrints Postponed

I have postponed my finger prints when I was in India back in Oct 2007, and I haven't got yet, should I ask them send it again or should I wait untill they send it to me.

I heared some where in the forum that when your comeback to India they took fingerprints at the prot of entry and that is sufficient.

Is that true?

Guru's Please reply if you have any Idea.

gcformeornot 03-26-2008 10:28 PM

No FP yet

for me. Family already done.
Are any of you guys still waiting like me?

gcformeornot 03-27-2008 08:25 AM

How to talk to customer

service rep. I tried calling could not find a way to talk to somebody to create SR. Can anybody help? What are sequence of numbers after calling 800 number...

Thanks.

shantak 03-31-2008 04:27 PM

Well after you enter the receipt notice, automated service gives you the information and then you can press the option that you did not find any info and then it will connect to a rep and tell him to open an SR
Atleast this is what I did

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcformeornot (Post 233719)
service rep. I tried calling could not find a way to talk to somebody to create SR. Can anybody help? What are sequence of numbers after calling 800 number...

Thanks.

sai948 04-06-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 192243)
I am not sure if opening SR helps, especially for TSC. I opened SR 30 days ago and still waiting. They have not scheduled me yet for an appointment.

Me too raised 2 SR with TSC, no use

sai948 04-06-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjoe (Post 207126)
I opened a SR for non receipt of my FP notice, on 30Oct2007. I got a reply from USCIS exactly after 45 days ( very prompt) notifying me that " my FP has not yet expired or my FP is not yet cleared". Certainly this looks like a canned reply from USCIS which was sent even without looking at my file. I guess they should be more transparent in their process than just sending plain lies.

I also got the same message. NO FP after 2 SR & 1 info pass (case transferred from NSC to TSC).

MightyIndian 04-25-2008 06:49 PM

Finally received my FP notice today after 7 months. FP appointment on 5/12.

mhtanim 04-25-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyIndian (Post 242940)
Finally received my FP notice today after 7 months. FP appointment on 5/12.

Did you make service requests for FP?

MightyIndian 04-29-2008 02:23 AM

No. Tried to call NSC a few times and got diffferent stories on why my fp notice is being dealyed. I gave up trying after my last call 2 weeks ago wherein an IO told me to wait until middle of May.

mhtanim 04-29-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyIndian (Post 243610)
No. Tried to call NSC a few times and got diffferent stories on why my fp notice is being dealyed. I gave up trying after my last call 2 weeks ago wherein an IO told me to wait until middle of May.

Mine is like your's - NSC - CSC - NSC. My I-485 receipt number starts with WAC. No FP notice yet. Who knows what they are doing.

mariusp 05-01-2008 07:00 PM

Got'em!

Guys, I finally got my notices today after 9 months. I called customer service on numerous occasions and opened 2 SR. Most recently, after my case was transferred to NSC, I called the service center on 04/28 and finally they scheduled me. I got an LUD on 04/28 after the call and another one on 04/29. Today I have the notices in my hand with an appointment date of 05/13.

If you're still waiting for your notices, call the service center, explain your situation and don't stop calling until you see an LUD on your case.

imm_check 05-05-2008 09:28 PM

Does 4 and half years child need FP?

Has any one in the forum here have a FP notice for a 4 and half year child during the 485 process. I ask this question as my daughter did not get one.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

kannan 05-07-2008 05:00 PM

Last Friday I called Customer Service Center and told them that I did not get FP and Biometrics .I used the words that I was depressed ,worried and all others who applied after me got FP but I did not get it ,my son going to be 21etc .......Finally Male IO scheduled FP immediately for me and my family on May 16.I saw LUD on Friday itself and another Lud on sunday ,today I got the letter.

Options That I choose

1-800-375-5283
R.no