Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15199-just-called-uscis-cut-serv-and-got-fp-sr-confirmation.html)

apahilaj 11-06-2007 03:23 PM

dingudi,

I tend to disagree from you on your comment regarding a possible link between name check and FP. I think they are seperate processes and run in parallel - one does not depend on another. I've read somewhere that a guy's name check was initiated like a month before he went for his FP. He got that info from infopass appointment. Also, wouldn't the IOs mention about the pending name check if it was related to FP notice?

Regarding reaching a non TSC IO, I think is impossible since the call gets directed to TSC or NSC based on the receipt number that you key in when you call.

I agree with you that we'll end up getting the same damn letter as our friend about no appointment availabality at local ASC for our SR response. It seems to me that we have to try either the Infopass or just wait it out.

Has anyone thought about writing to ombdusman (if I spelled it correctly) about this FP notice issue or will that be not worth it?

sweet_jungle 11-06-2007 03:25 PM

format

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarshJ (Post 192619)
Folks who opened an SR and had NSC-CSC-NSC transfers, what is the format of the ref # the Cust Service Rep gave you??

I got a # of the format T1NXXXXXXXXXXXCSC format.

I also got this format. but response, came from NSC after 30 days of filing SR.
I had called in the middle to confirm whether SR went to CSC. Rep said requests will get to apprpriate service center.
the other problem is for people like us, the status says " case traansferred and pending at uscis office". I find that reps find it hard to figure out where it is pending. because of wac number, they sometimes conclude it is CSC.
the status on phone says "pending at lincoln".

Mount Soche 11-06-2007 03:27 PM

I'm in the same boat

I'm a july filer (July 16th)
have gotten EAD
Case status online says AP approved on Nov 2nd.
But NO FP.
Opened a SR on Oct 19th but don't have an appointment.
Called again yesterday and was told to call back on Nov 19th if I still don't have FP appointment.
Of the 6 filers at my job, only 2 got FP...very strange.
FYI, when I called the USCIS, they said it is very unusual not to get FP right after receipt notices. Apparently, the FP appointments are sent "automatically" after the receipts are generated/sent etc. That's what the USCIS rep told me anyways and she opened a SR on her own based on the info I gave her that my FP appointment hadn't arrived after over 100 days.

dingudi 11-06-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192627)
dingudi,

I tend to disagree from you on your comment regarding a possible link between name check and FP. I think they are seperate processes and run in parallel - one does not depend on another. I've read somewhere that a guy's name check was initiated like a month before he went for his FP. He got that info from infopass appointment. Also, wouldn't the IOs mention about the pending name check if it was related to FP notice?

Regarding reaching a non TSC IO, I think is impossible since the call gets directed to TSC or NSC based on the receipt number that you key in when you call.

I agree with you that we'll end up getting the same damn letter as our friend about no appointment availabality at local ASC for our SR response. It seems to me that we have to try either the Infopass or just wait it out.

Has anyone thought about writing to ombdusman (if I spelled it correctly) about this FP notice issue or will that be not worth it?

Maybe we should mention to IOs next time we call that others who applied weeks after us have gotten their FP notices from our local ASC. I am not sure if it will help but worth giving it a try. There is another way I thought we can bypass the TSC IO. I am not sure if this will work but I am thinking of giving it a try if I do not get FP in the next couple of weeks.

GCcomesoon 11-06-2007 03:51 PM

Mine FP is still pending

Hi

I have opened up 2 SR's & have taken 2 info-passes till now but I haven't received my FP yet.

GCcomesoon
Priority date - 05/2003
140 approved - 10/2006 from TSC
485,131,765 RD-6/04/2007 at TSC, notices received - 06/07/2007
CA, EB2
Wife's case returned due to some error,send it again & received on 06/17/2007 as per Fedex
Wife's case RD- 7/10/2007

LUD in my case - I131 - 7/10/07, approved - 7/24/07
LUD in my case - 1131,485,765, - 7/11/07
LUD in spouse's case - I131-7/11/07
EAD cleared for spouse - 08/20/07
FP for spouse - 08/08/07 , I rescheduled it.
FP scheduled - 10/03/07 - Done
AP approved for spouse - 09/12/07
EAD aproved - 10/25/2007 - for me
FP for me- ??????

Thanks
GCcomesoon

apahilaj 11-06-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCcomesoon (Post 192642)
Hi

I have opened up 2 SR's & have taken 2 info-passes till now but I haven't received my FP yet.

GCcomesoon
Priority date - 05/2003
140 approved - 10/2006 from TSC
485,131,765 RD-6/04/2007 at TSC, notices received - 06/07/2007
CA, EB2
Wife's case returned due to some error,send it again & received on 06/17/2007 as per Fedex
Wife's case RD- 7/10/2007

LUD in my case - I131 - 7/10/07, approved - 7/24/07
LUD in my case - 1131,485,765, - 7/11/07
LUD in spouse's case - I131-7/11/07
EAD cleared for spouse - 08/20/07
FP for spouse - 08/08/07 , I rescheduled it.
FP scheduled - 10/03/07 - Done
AP approved for spouse - 09/12/07
EAD aproved - 10/25/2007 - for me
FP for me- ??????

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Hi

What did the infopass appointment tell you? Were the officers knew what they were talking about?

Thanks.

cal97 11-06-2007 04:38 PM

I had taken an infopass appointment after filing an SR. All the IO said was I should call NSC. I don't think the IO's at the local USCIS office can issue FP notices.

Shall try again sometime this week or next and update the same here. I am a NSC->CSC->NSC transferee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192643)
Hi

What did the infopass appointment tell you? Were the officers knew what they were talking about?

Thanks.

Ram_C 11-06-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal97 (Post 192676)
I had taken an infopass appointment after filing an SR. All the IO said was I should call NSC. I don't think the IO's at the local USCIS office can issue FP notices.

Shall try again sometime this week or next and update the same here. I am a NSC->CSC->NSC transferee.

has it been more than a month since you opened SR??

GCcomesoon 11-06-2007 05:00 PM

No Details

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192643)
Hi

Thanks.

They said they will send email to TSC & hopefully I should get the FP in next 30 days , if not I should come again which I did. This time they did the same email thing .Actually I went 2nd time to know whether my NC was clear or not. Menwhile I had created 2 SR's by calling USCIS too.

I hope to get the FP in next few days .

Thanks
GCcomesoon

sweet_jungle 11-06-2007 05:16 PM

ombudsman

just sent e-mail to ombudsman. I would encourage all of you to send e-mail regarding FP delay. it did help in getting receipt notices. Please do it for FP also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192627)
dingudi,

apahilaj 11-06-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_jungle (Post 192699)
just sent e-mail to ombudsman. I would encourage all of you to send e-mail regarding FP delay. it did help in getting receipt notices. Please do it for FP also.

Hello,

Would you mind sharing some details as to what email did you write it to, any standard form we have to fill out, etc?

I would like to wait till the end of SR period before I bother my ombudsman.

Thanks.

cal97 11-06-2007 07:19 PM

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram_C (Post 192681)
has it been more than a month since you opened SR??

sgupta33 11-07-2007 12:30 PM

No FP notice

Hello All,

I am in the same situation in that I too have not received my FP notice as yet. Filed July 23rd at TSC. The application was transferred to CSC and then back to TSC. I opened a SR on October 5th and still have not received a FP notice. When I called to follow up, I've was told that the TSC is significantly delayed because of the volume of applications they received and to wait 90 days!

For those of you who have used infopass, was it helpful in getting your FP scheduled?
Also, can the person who wrote to the obudsman post the e-mail address and format of what he/she wrote? This would make it easier for those of us who would also like to send an e-mail.

Thanks.

sweet_jungle 11-07-2007 01:17 PM

ombudsman format

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgupta33 (Post 192942)
Hello All,

Also, can the person who wrote to the obudsman post the e-mail address and format of what he/she wrote? This would make it easier for those of us who would also like to send an e-mail.

Thanks.

i am pasting the format. just higlight the receipt date in all cases. no need of metioning notice dat. it should not be counted at all.

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My name is xxxxxx and I am currently working at xxxxx as xxxx.

My I-485 was filed on July 2,2007 as an employment based application. My wife, xxxxxx, application was filed as a derivative applicant. It has been over 4 months and I have not yet got an apointment for finger printing. I called up USCIS and got a response from Nebraska Service center, where my application is currently pending, that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC.

We, residents of Bay Area, are suffering a lot from fingerprinting backlog, due to presence of few ASCs.
Also, my case was receipted at CSC and transferred back to NSC. Such cases are taking unusually longer for FP appointments. This is quite frustrating as there are other people directly receipted at NSC in August who have got fingerpinting.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take steps to speed up the process of fingerpinting appointments.

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks a lot for your time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

apahilaj 11-07-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_jungle (Post 192976)
i am pasting the format. just higlight the receipt date in all cases. no need of metioning notice dat. it should not be counted at all.

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My name is xxxxxx and I am currently working at xxxxx as xxxx.

My I-485 was filed on July 2,2007 as an employment based application. My wife, xxxxxx, application was filed as a derivative applicant. It has been over 4 months and I have not yet got an apointment for finger printing. I called up USCIS and got a response from Nebraska Service center, where my application is currently pending, that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC.

We, residents of Bay Area, are suffering a lot from fingerprinting backlog, due to presence of few ASCs.
Also, my case was receipted at CSC and transferred back to NSC. Such cases are taking unusually longer for FP appointments. This is quite frustrating as there are other people directly receipted at NSC in August who have got fingerpinting.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take steps to speed up the process of fingerpinting appointments.

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks a lot for your time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks much.

What is the email address that you sent this to?