Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15199-just-called-uscis-cut-serv-and-got-fp-sr-confirmation.html)

sweet_jungle 11-07-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 193018)
Thanks much.

What is the email address that you sent this to?

prakash.@dhs.gov

dingudi 11-07-2007 02:26 PM

I am trying to understand something here. So When we call TSC for FP they say it depends on local ASC. And I read from other posts on this and other forums that people who take infopass appointment for FP with their local ASC get a response that they have to call TSC for FP. So basically with Infopass , the local IO say to contact TSC and by calling TSC they say it depends on local ASC. What do we do now?

sgupta33 11-07-2007 03:10 PM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_jungle (Post 192976)
i am pasting the format. just higlight the receipt date in all cases. no need of metioning notice dat. it should not be counted at all.

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My name is xxxxxx and I am currently working at xxxxx as xxxx.

My I-485 was filed on July 2,2007 as an employment based application. My wife, xxxxxx, application was filed as a derivative applicant. It has been over 4 months and I have not yet got an apointment for finger printing. I called up USCIS and got a response from Nebraska Service center, where my application is currently pending, that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC.

We, residents of Bay Area, are suffering a lot from fingerprinting backlog, due to presence of few ASCs.
Also, my case was receipted at CSC and transferred back to NSC. Such cases are taking unusually longer for FP appointments. This is quite frustrating as there are other people directly receipted at NSC in August who have got fingerpinting.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take steps to speed up the process of fingerpinting appointments.

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks a lot for your time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for this information.

cal97 11-07-2007 06:54 PM

I took an infopass appointment today. The IO sent an e-mail to NSC after taking details like DOB, address etc. for me and my wife.

btw, FP for us has been scheduled. Looks like they have some kind of a queue for that but a notice has not been sent out.

So that was it. Am going to wait it out patiently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal97 (Post 192676)
I had taken an infopass appointment after filing an SR. All the IO said was I should call NSC. I don't think the IO's at the local USCIS office can issue FP notices.

Shall try again sometime this week or next and update the same here. I am a NSC->CSC->NSC transferee.

BPRAO23 11-07-2007 07:28 PM

Customer service Contact#

What's the customer service number and the menu to talk to one of the customer service reprasentative.
I have called the the number 800-375-5283 and confused to select the menu.

Can you please help me in this?

Thanks,

Rao

sweet_jungle 11-07-2007 07:40 PM

Fp

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal97 (Post 193197)
I took an infopass appointment today. The IO sent an e-mail to NSC after taking details like DOB, address etc. for me and my wife.

btw, FP for us has been scheduled. Looks like they have some kind of a queue for that but a notice has not been sent out.

So that was it. Am going to wait it out patiently.

hi cal97,
Are you a CSC-NSC transfer case?
Are you telling that FP was already sceduled even before you went for Infopass?
Could you tell when case was transferred to NSC and when NSC received it? What is the FP data?
Thanks a lot
SJ

cal97 11-07-2007 08:11 PM

SJ,

o Yes, mine is a NSC->CSC->NSC transfer case.

o I spoke to an IO at NSC around the last week of October and she told me she is going to schedule it, but was a little apprehensive as I trashed some mail without going through it properly (so that was my fault). My main intention on getting an infopass appointment was to make sure that I did not miss any scheduled appointment, which was confirmed by the IO.

o My case was recd. at NSC on 9/21 (Not sure when CSC transferred it). My Notice date is 9/10 if that helps.

o Not sure what you mean by "What is FP data?", did you mean "date" instead of "data" ? If so, I don't know. All she told me was I was in the queue, which I am assuming is their internal queue.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_jungle (Post 193214)
hi cal97,
Are you a CSC-NSC transfer case?
Are you telling that FP was already sceduled even before you went for Infopass?
Could you tell when case was transferred to NSC and when NSC received it? What is the FP data?
Thanks a lot
SJ

apahilaj 11-25-2007 09:20 AM

SR response for not receiving FP...

Hi,

Yesterday I got the response for my SR opened on 10/16 for still not receiving FP notice yet. The letter says that the processing on my case has been delayed since the background check on my application is still open. Please contact after 6 months if you still haven't heard back from us. My assumptions are:

1. Since they did not mention any where in the letter about biometrics, they are talking about my 485 petition and not my finger printing notice. Guess they misunderstood why I opened the SR with them. Does that make sense?

2.Is it possible that I haven't received FP notice since my background check is still in progress? I thought that these were two independent process...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

vxb2004 11-25-2007 08:45 PM

Same Boat

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 198326)
Hi,

Yesterday I got the response for my SR opened on 10/16 for still not receiving FP notice yet. The letter says that the processing on my case has been delayed since the background check on my application is still open. Please contact after 6 months if you still haven't heard back from us. My assumptions are:

1. Since they did not mention any where in the letter about biometrics, they are talking about my 485 petition and not my finger printing notice. Guess they misunderstood why I opened the SR with them. Does that make sense?

2.Is it possible that I haven't received FP notice since my background check is still in progress? I thought that these were two independent process...

Thanks.

Apahilaj,

FP is definitely not connected to background check. I am sailing in the same boat. My application date was july 17th and notice day was Sep 10th. I opened a SR 45 days back with no response. NSC-TSC transfer case..:confused:

dingudi 11-25-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 198326)
Hi,

Thanks.

Apahilaj,

I got the SR response letter saying I contacted them and they are responding by saying that I should wait for the FP if I have not received one yet. So basically I am where I was 2 months ago.

If you read my earlier posts, I did have doubts that FP and NC may have some connection together.

But I think this seems more of a glitch in the TSC system in generation of FP. I mean either its NC or glitch that is causing this delay. Anyway, the NSC at least generates one for you after you speak to an IO. We are unfortunate in that also.

apahilaj 11-25-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 198395)
Apahilaj,

I got the SR response letter saying I contacted them and they are responding by saying that I should wait for the FP if I have not received one yet. So basically I am where I was 2 months ago.

If you read my earlier posts, I did have doubts that FP and NC may have some connection together.

But I think this seems more of a glitch in the TSC system in generation of FP. I mean either its NC or glitch that is causing this delay. Anyway, the NSC at least generates one for you after you speak to an IO. We are unfortunate in that also.

Dingudi,

In your response letter, did they anywhere mention about biometrics or finger printing notice specifically? In my letter, they did not mention about finger printing at all...All they said that the decision on my case has been delayed due to ongoing background check...I am not sure if they even knew that I had opened up the SR for not receiving FP notice.

Yeah, I was thinking about your earlier post last night when I was reading the response letter..:) But I just can not subscribe to the idea that FP and name checks are even remotely connected...

Well, we just have to wait and watch...good luck to all the fellow sufferrers..

abhisam 12-07-2007 02:23 PM

111 days!

hey guys,

I was scared to take a trip to my country thinking that I would get my FP notice while I am away..but am back from my vacation and still no sign of FP.

I called the center..and the IO told me that they are within their processing times and they have upto 111 days to send me the FP notice?!!!

I had opened an SR on 3rd Oct...but of absolutely no use! I also got a letter from them stating that they are within their processing times.

any idea how to solve this mess?

ashshah 12-07-2007 02:51 PM

Even I am waiting for my FP from TSC.

I was thinking , that maybe , because there are so many of us who have not received FP notices, should probably send a fax or e-mail to ombudsman as a group listing our receipt numbers or maybe just names and tell them the inconsistencies from their side in issuing the FP notices.

I have a good feeling that if the letter/email or fax goes as a group , then they may take some action.

Just a idea , any inputs would be appreciated.

bskrishna 12-07-2007 03:40 PM

why not wait for more..

Is it going to hurt if we wait for some more time.It is not that we are missing getting our green cards and our priority dates are current. I have also got my case transferred from NSC-->CSC--> TSC. I agree that stuttling the paper work around the country is an extremely inefficient way to conduct business, but that is what CIS is. I got my transfer notice on the October 5th. I guess they will need more time to get my paper work and schedule an FP appointment.

tp976 12-07-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vxb2004 (Post 198382)
Apahilaj,

FP is definitely not connected to background check. I am sailing in the same boat. My application date was july 17th and notice day was Sep 10th. I opened a SR 45 days back with no response. NSC-TSC transfer case..:confused:

exactly same case, applied july 17th, notice date sept 10th, transferred to TSC