Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15199-just-called-uscis-cut-serv-and-got-fp-sr-confirmation.html)

prakgc 12-31-2007 01:10 PM

I don't think this is true..

Because from my experinece you can't even talk to an IO in TSC.. You can only talk to a customer rep if your case is in TSC..

Unless ofcourse your meant IO was the same as a "customer rep" from National customer service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo2606 (Post 210267)
IOs at TSC are responding to the enquiry of your case i.e they give info about name check status.
But in NSC the IOs are not giving any information, they are just saying they can't tell anything.This happened to me two times since last week.Does any one got same experience with NSC?

shozee 12-31-2007 01:22 PM

help me understand this please

Im posting for first time
plaease pardon me if im in wrong thread .
Im july 5th filer .Filed I140 and I 485 conc .Opened SR for FP because didnt recieve it till NOV .In NSC_CSC_NSC.next day after opening SR i got Fp notice .Obvously nothin to do with SR .Got reply for SR after a month which says " Status I-485 USCIS is waiting boimetrics info to produce permanent residency card "
Any idea what would this statement mean ?
I_140 & 485 fild July 5th 2007
PD curent

gcformeornot 12-31-2007 01:47 PM

friends please vote here

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16384

paragpujara 01-06-2008 02:01 AM

Finally got FP Notice !!

Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on my FP notice. Finally I got FP notice today schedule for 01/29/08. I guess Infopass appointment works. I had infopass appointment on 21st of Dec 2007 and IO told me I should expect FP within 3 weeks . I guess USCIS has started working after a long break. Hang on guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 209049)
Thanks for the update Parag. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

apahilaj 01-06-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragpujara (Post 212201)
Guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on my FP notice. Finally I got FP notice today schedule for 01/29/08. I guess Infopass appointment works. I had infopass appointment on 21st of Dec 2007 and IO told me I should expect FP within 3 weeks . I guess USCIS has started working after a long break. Hang on guys.

Congrats Parag. You got it finally. Am still waiting.

Do you know which option you selected when you had scheduled the infopass? Also, what documents did you carry at the infopass?

Thanks for the update again.

paragpujara 01-06-2008 12:55 PM

I selected following options for infopass appointment.

You need Service on a case that has already been filed -->Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

And I carried Receipts for 485,765 and 131 for myself and my wife (of course photo ID).

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 212230)
Congrats Parag. You got it finally. Am still waiting.

Do you know which option you selected when you had scheduled the infopass? Also, what documents did you carry at the infopass?

Thanks for the update again.

HarshJ 01-06-2008 01:31 PM

Hi,

I had started the thread a while back and I am glad to tell that I finally got my FP notice and completed the FP process.

I had opened a SR on Nov 5th after filing I-485 in July (receipt date Jul 23rd). I got a standard notice in Dec first week indicating that they shall schedule a FP notice when there is an opening available at ASC ( I guess a standard reply from what I have read in the posts). I then took an info pass on Dec 8th and it was also a seemingly non fruitful visit.

Finally on Jan 2nd I got a voice mail at work from attorney (dated Dec 26th) that my FP appt was on Dec 27th. I never got any notice to this effect till Jan 2nd in mail. Hence the attorney sent me his copy by FedEx and I drove the very next day (Jan 4th) to the ASC in Oakland, CA. I explained the situation and they were kind enough to schedule me the same day. The process was pretty straightforward, and was completed in about 10-15 minutes.

My spouse on the other hand did get her notice in mail and her FP appt is on Jan 11th.....

So am not sure what worked....the call to CS, taking an infopass, or just plan praying :)

Anyways, I wish everyone luck here.

dingudi 01-06-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragpujara (Post 212201)
Guys,

Parag,

COngrats!. Looks like yours is in TSC. Good to see someone from TSC getting it. It could very well have been a result of you taking the infopass appointment.

Could you tell us briefly what did you tell or ask IO during InfoPass appt. Did you also tell them that you had opened an SR and did you show them the SR response letter also.

Eager to hear a little detail about the conversation you had with IO during Infopass appointment.

paragpujara 01-06-2008 08:43 PM

My infopass appointment was pretty quick. I guess it lasted for only 5 to 7 mins. I opened an SR in the month of September however I never received SR response letter from USCIS which they said they have sent me in the last week of October so I didn't have any SR letter to show him. I carried only receipts for 485,765 and 131 for myself and my wife. I asked IO that it's been more than 90 days since I received receipts for employment based 485 and haven't received FP yet. He asked me for Photo Id and receipts for myself and my wife. Then he asked whether I received work authorization (765) and travel document (131) or not. Then he entered our information (receipt no and confirmed my address as well as my attorney's address) and was searching something in his machine and said I will get my FP soon. I asked him is there any time line? He said within 3 weeks. That's it. He said they have received many applications in the month of July and Aug and that's why they are lagging. I guess this is it. I was out of USCIS office within 10 mins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 212256)
Parag,

COngrats!. Looks like yours is in TSC. Good to see someone from TSC getting it. It could very well have been a result of you taking the infopass appointment.

Could you tell us briefly what did you tell or ask IO during InfoPass appt. Did you also tell them that you had opened an SR and did you show them the SR response letter also.

Eager to hear a little detail about the conversation you had with IO during Infopass appointment.

apahilaj 01-06-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragpujara (Post 212285)
My infopass appointment was pretty quick. I guess it lasted for only 5 to 7 mins. I opened an SR in the month of September however I never received SR response letter from USCIS which they said they have sent me in the last week of October so I didn't have any SR letter to show him. I carried only receipts for 485,765 and 131 for myself and my wife. I asked IO that it's been more than 90 days since I received receipts for employment based 485 and haven't received FP yet. He asked me for Photo Id and receipts for myself and my wife. Then he asked whether I received work authorization (765) and travel document (131) or not. Then he entered our information (receipt no and confirmed my address as well as my attorney's address) and was searching something in his machine and said I will get my FP soon. I asked him is there any time line? He said within 3 weeks. That's it. He said they have received many applications in the month of July and Aug and that's why they are lagging. I guess this is it. I was out of USCIS office within 10 mins.

Thanks Parag, your post is helpful.

One quick question - I do not have original 485 receipts with me but have scanned copies of them which my lawyer has emailed me. If I print them out and take them to the infopass, is that sufficient or do they ask for the original receipts?

Thanks and good luck ahead!

paragpujara 01-07-2008 09:13 AM

Scanned Copies will do !!

I also did the same thing. I got the scan copies from my lawyer. Print out will work (IO will verify yr name on receipt with yr photo Id).

Good Luck and lemme know if you need any further help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 212294)

One quick question - I do not have original 485 receipts with me but have scanned copies of them which my lawyer has emailed me. If I print them out and take them to the infopass, is that sufficient or do they ask for the original receipts?

praveenat11 01-07-2008 12:18 PM

FP related question

Hi guys,
i got my FP notice on Jan 10 in NJ at 1.00pm.At which time do i need to go for FP in Arizona (M.S.T).

dingudi 01-08-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 212294)

Apahilaj,

Just sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

apahilaj 01-08-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 212804)
Apahilaj,

Just replied you through PM.

rpulipati 01-08-2008 07:36 PM

Got my FP notice - still waiting for spouse

Received yesterday for 01/23.

Case details: TSC -> CSC -> TSC

kannan 01-08-2008 09:42 PM

Any non transfer cases got FP

Mine is NSC to CA, Still in CA only,opened 2 SR for FP,no use.Anybody is still in CA

leoindiano 01-11-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpulipati (Post 212849)
Received yesterday for 01/23.

Case details: TSC -> CSC -> TSC

Dude,

Did your online status change after you called USCIS related to FP?

apahilaj 01-15-2008 08:29 PM

dingudi

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 212804)
Apahilaj,

Dingudi, I just sent you a PM...

leoindiano 01-26-2008 06:35 PM

called USCIS on jan 4th, they said they are scheduling, it will take 3 weeks to get the notice, till now nothing.
called yesterday again, this time they said 45 days. Opened SR. I am hearing no use with SR. Not sure what is going on?
Meanwhile, i gave this procedure to a freind and they got notices.

Can anybody tell me if there will be an LUD on i-485 when they issue a FP notice?

abhatti 01-30-2008 06:55 PM

FP Notice and SR for TSC

I had to travel back home so I called customer service to find out if I could get FP notice earlier so that I could do FP before departure.
Called Customer serivce on November 20th 2007, he generated a SR for me and then there was scilence for next 30 days.
after 30 days exactly on Dec 20th I got a letter saying

"On 11/20/2007 you, or the designated repersentative shown below, contacted us about your case. some of the key information given to us at that time was the following.

..........all the information here for my case/s.............

the status of this service request is:

USCIS service center records show that your finger print results have expired or a clearence has never been received. Fingerprints must be taken at the application support center (ASC) in your area. A notice will be mailed to you indicating a specific time, place and date to appear for biometrics processing at an application support center. All supporting documentation/evidence must be submitted at the time of the ASC appointment."

ever since am waiting for that magical biometrics letter.

Hope it helps

Atif

shantak 02-03-2008 06:23 PM

NO FP Yet

I have been waiting for the FP in the hope that they will be issuing it soon, its already Feb and I have not received it yet. Im the only one who has not recieved the notice yet in my friends circle, I have opened an SR last week. Mine is TSC application. Are there any TSC guys yet to receive the FP notices. Overall are there a significant number of people still waiting or is it just a few of us
Thanks

apahilaj 02-03-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantak (Post 219551)
I have been waiting for the FP in the hope that they will be issuing it soon, its already Feb and I have not received it yet. Im the only one who has not recieved the notice yet in my friends circle, I have opened an SR last week. Mine is TSC application. Are there any TSC guys yet to receive the FP notices. Overall are there a significant number of people still waiting or is it just a few of us
Thanks

Hi,

What is your 485 notice date and which state are you residing?

kannan 02-03-2008 08:49 PM

Count me too. I am from NSC to CSC, my case is still in CA only.I don't know what is happening. I have opned 2 SR's also. I am a july 2 nd filer.

mhtanim 02-03-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannan (Post 219578)
Count me too. I am from NSC to CSC, my case is still in CA only.I don't know what is happening. I have opned 2 SR's also. I am a july 2 nd filer.

You are not the only one. My case is NSC-CSC-NSC and no FP yet.

shantak 02-04-2008 09:39 AM

mine is July 2007 and im in Richmond, State of Virginia. Local ASC that would be processing my FP would be Norfolk.
Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 219575)
Hi,

What is your 485 notice date and which state are you residing?

leoindiano 02-04-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantak (Post 219551)
Thanks

I am from TSC. My app went thru this TSC-Vermont-TSC cycle. No FP yet. Opened SR twice.

rtarar 02-05-2008 09:01 AM

July 2nd filer no FP yet

Called the service center.Muiltiple times.Opened SR twice still no FP yet.
Mine is a NSC->TSC case.

I will try calling them again today.

what else :-(

shantak 02-05-2008 12:34 PM

I called my attorney today to inquire about this and he told me that one-third to one-fourth of the applications that he has filed in July are yet to receive the FP notices and he asked me not to worry about it.
Hope he is true and that we will be getting the FP notices soon.
I will keep you all updated
thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtarar (Post 219999)
Called the service center.Muiltiple times.Opened SR twice still no FP yet.
Mine is a NSC->TSC case.

I will try calling them again today.

what else :-(

dingudi 02-05-2008 12:38 PM

No FP yet for me too.July 2 filer. Application at TSC.

sanjay05 02-05-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 220063)
No FP yet for me too.July 2 filer. Application at TSC.

I received my FP 4 days after infopass,

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16939

leoindiano 02-05-2008 02:16 PM

We can get inforpass by visiting https://infopass.uscis.gov/, i will try that.

mariusp 02-15-2008 09:04 AM

No FP

No FP yet... NSC Received Date July 12, 2007 - Notice Date TSC Sept. 10, 2007. All in all, almost 6 months and no sign of a biometrics appointment... bummer.

xela 02-15-2008 09:07 AM

call uscis

Call them a lot of us did, when we got moved from one center (receipt notice) to another for processing. You should get a FP notice soon after you talked to them!

mariusp 02-15-2008 10:11 AM

I actually did call in mid Nov. and opened a SR. I then got a canned response about a month ago on how the case is within processing time and blah blah... I call again this morning and apparently their system was experiencing some kind of problem and the rep. wasn't able to open a new SR although she did apologize and thought that 5 months is an excessive amount of time to wait for biometrics. She then transferred me to an IO who based on the service center processing times posted online told me that they're currently processing May 07 and my receipt date of July 12 is not up yet.... What a bunch of BS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xela (Post 223619)
Call them a lot of us did, when we got moved from one center (receipt notice) to another for processing. You should get a FP notice soon after you talked to them!

gjoe 02-15-2008 10:44 AM

Me in the same boat

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariusp (Post 223617)
No FP yet... NSC Received Date July 12, 2007 - Notice Date TSC Sept. 10, 2007. All in all, almost 6 months and no sign of a biometrics appointment... bummer.

Called yestery they said I don't need a FP now. :)

"If required they will schedule me". I liked this one from the CS agent

kannan 02-15-2008 12:25 PM

Me too, No FP till Today.......

apahilaj 02-15-2008 12:40 PM

Count me in...

It seems like I've got the oldest Notice date of 8/27 who has not received the biometrics yet. Infopass was pure waste of time as well.

kannan 02-15-2008 01:00 PM

I applied on July2,got the receipt on Aug 22 nd.Got EAD,AP.
One strange thing is my case is NSC to CSC but still in CSC only .I think except my case,all others cases transfred back to NSC.I do not know the reason.
Any comments please....

apahilaj 02-18-2008 11:57 AM

Fyi

I am assuming you guys saw this:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...)(17Feb08).pdf

USCIS will consolidate FPs for 485 and EADs. So if we don't receive biometrics for 485, hopefully we will get one for EAD renewal which will also serve the purpose for 485 processing.

Note: This only applies to concurrent filers of 485 and EAD.

dingudi 02-18-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 224451)
I am assuming you guys saw this:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...)(17Feb08).pdf

USCIS will consolidate FPs for 485 and EADs. So if we don't receive biometrics for 485, hopefully we will get one for EAD renewal which will also serve the purpose for 485 processing.

Note: This only applies to concurrent filers of 485 and EAD.

Apahilaj,

Yes I saw that but mine was not concurrent filing. I applied for EAD couple of months after I-485 filing and have also received the EAD.Still waiting for FP though.