Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15199-just-called-uscis-cut-serv-and-got-fp-sr-confirmation.html)

leoindiano 12-16-2007 09:06 PM

I am from North Carolina as well. No FP yet...It could be something to do with NC local office.....

texas-vermont-texas cycle...application date August 3rd.

paragpujara 12-17-2007 10:10 AM

No Updates !!

Last week I called USCIS regarding FP and Customer Representative told me that they have sent me a letter on 21st of Oct regarding SR I opened in the month of OCT (I haven't received that letter yet. Do not know where they sent it). I asked her about the content of the letter but she said she doesn't have that information and I have to wait till 19th Dec to open new SR. She suggested visiting local USCIS through Infopass. I have taken infopass appointment for this coming Friday. I will update you on Friday about the appointment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 206999)
Guys, any update on your FP notices? I have written to ombudsman almost 3 weeks ago about not receiving FP notices and nothing yet...

What are you guys thinking as next step?

Mount Soche 12-17-2007 10:44 AM

the letter

I got "the letter" too...
It is just a letter recognizing that there was a SR made etc...
There really is no substance to it. You should get your letter before 45 days of creating the SR. I got mine on the 45th day.
Once again, the letter says nothing. What should happen is that your FP appointment should be made during the 45 days after you create a SR. If it is not made, you get "the letter." After the letter, I was told to wait 60 days from when I received the letter to get FP appointment and if I didn't get them within those days to call back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragpujara (Post 207094)
Last week I called USCIS regarding FP and Customer Representative told me that they have sent me a letter on 21st of Oct regarding SR I opened in the month of OCT (I haven't received that letter yet. Do not know where they sent it). I asked her about the content of the letter but she said she doesn't have that information and I have to wait till 19th Dec to open new SR. She suggested visiting local USCIS through Infopass. I have taken infopass appointment for this coming Friday. I will update you on Friday about the appointment.

gjoe 12-17-2007 11:16 AM

I got a canned response from USCIS

I opened a SR for non receipt of my FP notice, on 30Oct2007. I got a reply from USCIS exactly after 45 days ( very prompt) notifying me that " my FP has not yet expired or my FP is not yet cleared". Certainly this looks like a canned reply from USCIS which was sent even without looking at my file. I guess they should be more transparent in their process than just sending plain lies.

prakgc 12-18-2007 04:03 PM

same here

Dingundi,
I am in same situation who has sept 10th ND from TSC , no FP for me or my wife. I did open a SR and i got a response letter saying that either your FP has expired or clearance has not been received.. will send one by mail soon.

It has already been 45 days since the letter was dated. NO FP nothing.

Has going to IO helped anybody is getting a FP notice? That seems my last resort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 207001)
No update from my side. I had called last week and week before that. Apparently I got the same IO the last two times and first time she told me no FP scheduled , security check cleared. Second time she said no FP scheduled and I asked about security check and she said its still pending. Imagine same IO giving inconsistent information regarding my security check. I am not even sure to believe anything they say anymore. I am not even sure if they really look it up or not.

dingudi 12-18-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prakgc (Post 207865)
Dingundi,
I am in same situation who has sept 10th ND from TSC , no FP for me or my wife. I did open a SR and i got a response letter saying that either your FP has expired or clearance has not been received.. will send one by mail soon.

It has already been 45 days since the letter was dated. NO FP nothing.

Has going to IO helped anybody is getting a FP notice? That seems my last resort.

If its TSC then I do not think it will help at all. Whenever I talk to IO their only response if they are waiting for availability at local ASC.

So TSC people are out of luck.

fundo14 12-18-2007 04:32 PM

No FP yet

Hi,

Our case was filed on July 2, 2007 at TSC.
We have got EADs, APs long back but did not get any FP notice.
Last week we got a letter saying that to speed up processing on your case we have transfered your case to NSC.(don't knw what it means)..but no FP notice till date.:confused:

anyone from July2 filers here waiting for FP notice still?

PD: Dec-2003/EB3
140: Approved

Thanks

avi 12-18-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fundo14 (Post 207886)

Me! ... and two more guys from my office!
we are july first week filers! I haven't opened up an SR yet .. intend to do that soon right after the holidays!

We have received everything else though - EAD/AP/RECEIPT etc. for both me and my wife (same's the case with my colleagues)

Peace.

fundo14 12-18-2007 04:52 PM

Thanks! Do you know teh procedure to open the SR?

apahilaj 12-19-2007 01:56 PM

No FP

See signature

anju 12-19-2007 03:29 PM

Filed two SR no FP yet

On the same boat. Filed SR twice. No fp notice yet.

burnt 12-20-2007 11:15 AM

Friends - I went for FP appointment on 10/23/2007. But when I check USCIS website. The LUD still shows me 09/20/2007 on I-485. Please let me know if this is normal...

paragpujara 12-21-2007 10:59 AM

Infopass Appointment !!

I had infopass appointment this morning at Fairfax, VA regarding FP. IO told me that generally they send out FP within 30 days of 485 receipt but if ASC is too busy then it gets delay. He asked me whether my EAD and AP are approved or not. And then he requested FP for me and mywife and said i should receive FP notice within 3 weeks. Hopefully i will get FP within next couple of weeks. Keep you guys posted about my FP notice. Happy Holidays to you all !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragpujara (Post 207094)

apahilaj 12-21-2007 11:10 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the update Parag. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

gchopes 12-26-2007 10:07 AM

I received FP notices for myself and spouse on Saturday, Dec 22 for FP at the Charlotte office on Jan 11.

- gchopes.