Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15199-just-called-uscis-cut-serv-and-got-fp-sr-confirmation.html)

gcformeornot 02-18-2008 07:57 PM

still waiting

for FP for myself. Dependents did month ago....

visli_com 02-18-2008 08:41 PM

Finally got FP Notice

Tomorrow will be my FP at santa ana,ca , my case was nsc->csc->nsc. 2nd july filer.

mariusp 03-04-2008 05:23 PM

3rd time's the charm

As an update,
I called TSC again today. Previously, I called early in the morning here on the East Coast and was transferred to the national service center, so at least this time I got to speak to someone @ TSC.
I gave them my receipt # and as soon as I mentioned biometrics the person said that she will schedule appointments for me and my wife and depending on availability at the local center I should get an appointment letter in the following 60 days. They must be getting a lot of this type of calls because she was very prompt to schedule the appointment. I also asked about my NC status and that was cleared in Sept so good news there as well.
I'm a little more optimistic as this time as at least now I know that USCIS initiated the request.... I'll wait and see what happens next.

So basically, this is the 3rd time I call and the first time they're willing to do anything to help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariusp (Post 223637)
I actually did call in mid Nov. and opened a SR. I then got a canned response about a month ago on how the case is within processing time and blah blah... I call again this morning and apparently their system was experiencing some kind of problem and the rep. wasn't able to open a new SR although she did apologize and thought that 5 months is an excessive amount of time to wait for biometrics. She then transferred me to an IO who based on the service center processing times posted online told me that they're currently processing May 07 and my receipt date of July 12 is not up yet.... What a bunch of BS!

apahilaj 03-04-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariusp (Post 228014)
As an update,
I called TSC again today. Previously, I called early in the morning here on the East Coast and was transferred to the national service center, so at least this time I got to speak to someone @ TSC.
I gave them my receipt # and as soon as I mentioned biometrics the person said that she will schedule appointments for me and my wife and depending on availability at the local center I should get an appointment letter in the following 60 days. They must be getting a lot of this type of calls because she was very prompt to schedule the appointment. I also asked about my NC status and that was cleared in Sept so good news there as well.
I'm a little more optimistic as this time as at least now I know that USCIS initiated the request.... I'll wait and see what happens next.

So basically, this is the 3rd time I call and the first time they're willing to do anything to help.

I got same exact response as you regarding 60 days wait - only difference is my name check is still pending. Personally, I don't trust this any more until I get it...

shantak 03-18-2008 12:07 PM

Any update

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 228018)
I got same exact response as you regarding 60 days wait - only difference is my name check is still pending. Personally, I don't trust this any more until I get it...

Apahilaj,
Any update on your FP. Im still waiting for mine. I dont know how many are like us.
As you said my only concern is will it impact EAD renewal in any way?
People, please throw in some comments who have not received their FP yet

apahilaj 03-18-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantak (Post 231357)
Apahilaj,
Any update on your FP. Im still waiting for mine. I dont know how many are like us.
As you said my only concern is will it impact EAD renewal in any way?
People, please throw in some comments who have not received their FP yet

No FP yet. Got a response to my SR indicating that I will get the notice once the appointment is available at my local ASC.

dingudi 03-18-2008 12:24 PM

No FP yet for me either. spouse received and completed FP couple of weeks ago.

I do not understand why the national center tells that FP is based on local availability and local center tells no FP because name check pending . These are so inconsistent and different answers we get from same organization.

saketkapur 03-18-2008 12:27 PM

still waiting

Had opened my 2nd SR on March 1st....asked to call back on April 3rd if still no notices........:o

mhtanim 03-18-2008 12:31 PM

No FP yet either.

here4gc 03-18-2008 12:52 PM

CHeck this out..

I opened SR in Jan...in Feb they sent letter that security checks are pending..so I took INFOPASS after talking with attorney...went to INFOPASS and was rudely told that it could take a long time because Namecheck is pending..no idea how long it will take...i was like..if security check is pending do my FP and check everything...but no...they want to do name check..okay..then attorney said to wait 1 more month...he called last week to USCIS and they said...oh we responded on FEB..to the original SR..the response was..its still pending..hell..i know that already..what the hell are u doing about it ?? i thought they were supposed to work on an SR and get it out of the way in 60 days..now lawyer is asking to wait 1 more month because he is saying 60 days from Feb...GOSH..and i am waiting for 140 also...filed in July went to NSC-TSC blackhole..God knows what will happen...

mariusp 03-18-2008 12:58 PM

Yep

Called two weeks ago as per my post above. No FP yet. At this point I don't even care anymore... :(

shantak 03-18-2008 07:27 PM

Good one

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariusp (Post 231392)
Called two weeks ago as per my post above. No FP yet. At this point I don't even care anymore... :(

Thats a good way to lead the life, but this immigration process is taking a big toll . Hope we all come out of this
Thanks everyone for providing an update. Atleast that gives an idea as to how many are still waiting. Please update accordingly

VivekAhuja 03-18-2008 07:36 PM

FP notice for Jul 23rd Filer?

By now you should have had your EAD and AP in hand - after FP was done. What was the reason for the delay? Most of these cases got FP notices within 4 weeks of Aug 17th.

mariusp 03-18-2008 08:57 PM

Most of us filed in July but had our cases transfered to TSC later. For example, I filed July 12 @ NSC and the receipt was generated on Sept 10 from TSC. I know of others with ND Sept 10 @ TSC who didn't receive FP notices, including coworkers of mine. It looks like someone at TSC took a few shortcuts during the receipting process.

My frustration comes from the fact that I've called three times and opened SRs but still nothing. I don't see how someone can honestly screw up three times and fail to schedule a simple FP appointment. If this is such a huge task for them you can imagine how the entire process is handled and why we 're all stuck waiting for name checks, priority dates, processing dates, biometrics appointments, extended reviews, and the rest of the crap...

Quote:

Originally Posted by VivekAhuja (Post 231589)
By now you should have had your EAD and AP in hand - after FP was done. What was the reason for the delay? Most of these cases got FP notices within 4 weeks of Aug 17th.

shankar_thanu 03-24-2008 09:22 PM

Finally Got The FP notice..

I applied 485 on July2nd 2007, we never got the FP notice, I called up the USCIS inquiry number, opened two service requests, nothing happened. My lawyer sent a letter asking USCIS to look at our case, that was ignored as well. We finally got an Infopass appointment and went to the office today, after a little bit of confusion, we were told that the most likely cause was that we sent pictures along with our EAD applications and that confused CIS procedures and they missed sending us FP notices.

Cant believe this crappy explanation, but this is what we were told. We were told that usually they call people in for FP and take the pictures and then process the EADs. Anyway, it took all of ten minutes to figure this out and issue us an FP notice, there is no reason they couldnt have done this over the phone...

Good thing though is that not having the FP done does not stop then from processing the Name check and infact my wife's name check has been completed..

Hope that helps...