Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15199-just-called-uscis-cut-serv-and-got-fp-sr-confirmation.html)

HarshJ 11-05-2007 04:11 PM

Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation

Hi,

I am a Jul 23rd I-485 filer. Just called USCIS second time (first time no success), went thru their menu and was lucky to get a great Cust Service Rep.

She asked me the I-485 receipt #s, address, primary contact #, DOB, and Zip Code for self and spouse.

She generated a SR for us together and gave us a Conf # for FP notice. She said that you should receive a FP appt notice in next 30 days.

So I guess, perseverance does pay off :)

Hopefully we can get this FP out of the way soon enough.

FYI I am a Bay Area resident.

dingudi 11-05-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarshJ (Post 192237)
Hi,

I am a Jul 23rd I-485 filer. Just called USCIS second time (first time no success), went thru their menu and was lucky to get a great Cust Service Rep.

She asked me the I-485 receipt #s, address, primary contact #, DOB, and Zip Code for self and spouse.

She generated a SR for us together and gave us a Conf # for FP notice. She said that you should receive a FP appt notice in next 30 days.

So I guess, perseverance does pay off :)

Hopefully we can get this FP out of the way soon enough.

FYI I am a Bay Area resident.

I am not sure if opening SR helps, especially for TSC. I opened SR 30 days ago and still waiting. They have not scheduled me yet for an appointment.

HarshJ 11-05-2007 04:23 PM

Well she suggested that she had scheduled the FP appointment and said that I should be getting my FP notices in 30 days.

I am hoping that its the truth !!

dingudi 11-05-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarshJ (Post 192245)
Well she suggested that she had scheduled the FP appointment and said that I should be getting my FP notices in 30 days.

I am hoping that its the truth !!

If your case is in TSC then it means that they have submitted the request to schedule you. That does not mean that they have scheduled you.

But for any other center, it maybe true that they scheduled the FP for you because I have read the previous posts of people getting it within 30 days for other centers.

HarshJ 11-05-2007 04:31 PM

I will update this when I get my notices. Mine is at NSC and went thru the NSC-CSC-NSC cycle

apahilaj 11-06-2007 02:24 PM

what after SR?

Guys,

It's almost 3 weeks today since I've opened SRs for my self and my spouse for not receiving FP notice and we haven't got any notice yet.

I want to know if some one who opened a SR for FP and did not receive any FP notice after the wait period expired, what did you do? Is taking an infopass the next step for missing FP notices or just wait and watch?

Thanks and good luck to all.

dingudi 11-06-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192586)
Guys,

It's almost 3 weeks today since I've opened SRs for my self and my spouse for not receiving FP notice and we haven't got any notice yet.

I want to know if some one who opened a SR for FP and did not receive any FP notice after the wait period expired, what did you do? Is taking an infopass the next step for missing FP notices or just wait and watch?

Apahilaj,

Buddy, it looks like its only you and me remaining who has not received the FP notice. For me its been 30 days since opening SR and nothing. We are the unfortunate ones who have not only not received FP but our application are in TSC , where opening an SR is of no use.

We may want to try a different strategy to inquire about our FP rather than calling that number floating around which is of no use to us. All I got from calling that number was WAIT , Local ASC must be busy.

I am not sure InfoPass appointment will help, but hope its worth trying.

Ram_C 11-06-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Guys,

was your case transferd from NSC -> TSC ???

sweet_jungle 11-06-2007 02:42 PM

idiotic response to SR

I am NSC-CSC-NSC person. I opened service request for not receiving FP.
I got a response from NSC after 30 days that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC for FP. what an idiotic response !!
I called them again and they said that since they have responded to service request, only thing to do is wait 60 days more. they cannot again file service request. I guess I have to just keep trying till I get a good rep.

Quote:

Guys,

REDS 11-06-2007 02:47 PM

I too am sailing in the same boat.
Opened an SR yesterday with USCIS for FP.

my 485 was filed with TSC on july 17 and have got EAD and AP but no FP so far.

StuckInTheMuck 11-06-2007 02:52 PM

Wonder if FP delay is common for TSC filers

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 192597)
Apahilaj,

Buddy, it looks like its only you and me remaining who has not received the FP notice. For me its been 30 days since opening SR and nothing. We are the unfortunate ones who have not only not received FP but our application are in TSC , where opening an SR is of no use.

I am July 2 filer (@TSC), still waiting for FP notice. Got I-485 receipt (ND Aug 27), and approved EAD and AP. Did not call for SR yet.

apahilaj 11-06-2007 02:57 PM

Ram_c

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram_C (Post 192598)
was your case transferd from NSC -> TSC ???

Yes, case was originally filed at NSC on July 2nd and on august 24th it got transferred to TSC.

Does the transfer matter here, because dingudi's case is not a transfer case and he's still waiting...

Ram_C 11-06-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192611)
Yes, case was originally filed at NSC on July 2nd and on august 24th it got transferred to TSC.

Does the transfer matter here, because dingudi's case is not a transfer case and he's still waiting...

not sure how far its true but came across some posts on http://www.immigration.com
stating that transfer cases from NSC-TSC are facing some delays in FP (even after SR) compared to NSC-CSC-NSC cases. heard couple of success stories with SR from NSC-CSC-NSC cases.

I'm also in the same boat, haven't opened SR yet.

good luck :)

HarshJ 11-06-2007 03:09 PM

Folks who opened an SR and had NSC-CSC-NSC transfers, what is the format of the ref # the Cust Service Rep gave you??

I got a # of the format T1NXXXXXXXXXXXCSC format.

dingudi 11-06-2007 03:10 PM

All,

I do not think transfer matters. Mine was filed directly with TSC because my lawyers reason: my I-140 was approved from there.

Apahilaj,

I am guessing that we will probably receive similar response as posted by sweet_jungle that they are waiting for local ASC. I don't think we will receive FP after notice 30 days but this kind of response. Maybe local ASC are scheduling peoples appointment based on their name check results. Otherwise why would people who applied on last day of filing , Aug 16,2007 receive FP notice from my local ASC and not me.

Apahilaj, I have this idea. Is there a way we can reach an IO who is not associated with TSC but can give the same information. Maybe an IO of NSC/CSC.