Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15199-just-called-uscis-cut-serv-and-got-fp-sr-confirmation.html)

HarshJ 11-05-2007 04:11 PM

Just called USCIS Cut Serv and got FP SR confirmation
 
Hi,

I am a Jul 23rd I-485 filer. Just called USCIS second time (first time no success), went thru their menu and was lucky to get a great Cust Service Rep.

She asked me the I-485 receipt #s, address, primary contact #, DOB, and Zip Code for self and spouse.

She generated a SR for us together and gave us a Conf # for FP notice. She said that you should receive a FP appt notice in next 30 days.

So I guess, perseverance does pay off :)

Hopefully we can get this FP out of the way soon enough.

FYI I am a Bay Area resident.

dingudi 11-05-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarshJ (Post 192237)
Hi,

I am a Jul 23rd I-485 filer. Just called USCIS second time (first time no success), went thru their menu and was lucky to get a great Cust Service Rep.

She asked me the I-485 receipt #s, address, primary contact #, DOB, and Zip Code for self and spouse.

She generated a SR for us together and gave us a Conf # for FP notice. She said that you should receive a FP appt notice in next 30 days.

So I guess, perseverance does pay off :)

Hopefully we can get this FP out of the way soon enough.

FYI I am a Bay Area resident.


I am not sure if opening SR helps, especially for TSC. I opened SR 30 days ago and still waiting. They have not scheduled me yet for an appointment.

HarshJ 11-05-2007 04:23 PM

Well she suggested that she had scheduled the FP appointment and said that I should be getting my FP notices in 30 days.

I am hoping that its the truth !!

dingudi 11-05-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarshJ (Post 192245)
Well she suggested that she had scheduled the FP appointment and said that I should be getting my FP notices in 30 days.

I am hoping that its the truth !!

If your case is in TSC then it means that they have submitted the request to schedule you. That does not mean that they have scheduled you.

But for any other center, it maybe true that they scheduled the FP for you because I have read the previous posts of people getting it within 30 days for other centers.

HarshJ 11-05-2007 04:31 PM

I will update this when I get my notices. Mine is at NSC and went thru the NSC-CSC-NSC cycle

apahilaj 11-06-2007 02:24 PM

what after SR?
 
Guys,

It's almost 3 weeks today since I've opened SRs for my self and my spouse for not receiving FP notice and we haven't got any notice yet.

I want to know if some one who opened a SR for FP and did not receive any FP notice after the wait period expired, what did you do? Is taking an infopass the next step for missing FP notices or just wait and watch?

Thanks and good luck to all.

dingudi 11-06-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192586)
Guys,

It's almost 3 weeks today since I've opened SRs for my self and my spouse for not receiving FP notice and we haven't got any notice yet.

I want to know if some one who opened a SR for FP and did not receive any FP notice after the wait period expired, what did you do? Is taking an infopass the next step for missing FP notices or just wait and watch?

Thanks and good luck to all.


Apahilaj,

Buddy, it looks like its only you and me remaining who has not received the FP notice. For me its been 30 days since opening SR and nothing. We are the unfortunate ones who have not only not received FP but our application are in TSC , where opening an SR is of no use.

We may want to try a different strategy to inquire about our FP rather than calling that number floating around which is of no use to us. All I got from calling that number was WAIT , Local ASC must be busy.

I am not sure InfoPass appointment will help, but hope its worth trying.

Ram_C 11-06-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192586)
Guys,

It's almost 3 weeks today since I've opened SRs for my self and my spouse for not receiving FP notice and we haven't got any notice yet.

I want to know if some one who opened a SR for FP and did not receive any FP notice after the wait period expired, what did you do? Is taking an infopass the next step for missing FP notices or just wait and watch?

Thanks and good luck to all.

was your case transferd from NSC -> TSC ???

sweet_jungle 11-06-2007 02:42 PM

idiotic response to SR
 
I am NSC-CSC-NSC person. I opened service request for not receiving FP.
I got a response from NSC after 30 days that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC for FP. what an idiotic response !!
I called them again and they said that since they have responded to service request, only thing to do is wait 60 days more. they cannot again file service request. I guess I have to just keep trying till I get a good rep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192586)
Guys,

It's almost 3 weeks today since I've opened SRs for my self and my spouse for not receiving FP notice and we haven't got any notice yet.

I want to know if some one who opened a SR for FP and did not receive any FP notice after the wait period expired, what did you do? Is taking an infopass the next step for missing FP notices or just wait and watch?

Thanks and good luck to all.


REDS 11-06-2007 02:47 PM

I too am sailing in the same boat.
Opened an SR yesterday with USCIS for FP.

my 485 was filed with TSC on july 17 and have got EAD and AP but no FP so far.

StuckInTheMuck 11-06-2007 02:52 PM

Wonder if FP delay is common for TSC filers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dingudi (Post 192597)
Apahilaj,

Buddy, it looks like its only you and me remaining who has not received the FP notice. For me its been 30 days since opening SR and nothing. We are the unfortunate ones who have not only not received FP but our application are in TSC , where opening an SR is of no use.

I am July 2 filer (@TSC), still waiting for FP notice. Got I-485 receipt (ND Aug 27), and approved EAD and AP. Did not call for SR yet.

apahilaj 11-06-2007 02:57 PM

Ram_c
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram_C (Post 192598)
was your case transferd from NSC -> TSC ???

Yes, case was originally filed at NSC on July 2nd and on august 24th it got transferred to TSC.

Does the transfer matter here, because dingudi's case is not a transfer case and he's still waiting...

Ram_C 11-06-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192611)
Yes, case was originally filed at NSC on July 2nd and on august 24th it got transferred to TSC.

Does the transfer matter here, because dingudi's case is not a transfer case and he's still waiting...

not sure how far its true but came across some posts on http://www.immigration.com
stating that transfer cases from NSC-TSC are facing some delays in FP (even after SR) compared to NSC-CSC-NSC cases. heard couple of success stories with SR from NSC-CSC-NSC cases.

I'm also in the same boat, haven't opened SR yet.

good luck :)

HarshJ 11-06-2007 03:09 PM

Folks who opened an SR and had NSC-CSC-NSC transfers, what is the format of the ref # the Cust Service Rep gave you??

I got a # of the format T1NXXXXXXXXXXXCSC format.

dingudi 11-06-2007 03:10 PM

All,

I do not think transfer matters. Mine was filed directly with TSC because my lawyers reason: my I-140 was approved from there.

Apahilaj,

I am guessing that we will probably receive similar response as posted by sweet_jungle that they are waiting for local ASC. I don't think we will receive FP after notice 30 days but this kind of response. Maybe local ASC are scheduling peoples appointment based on their name check results. Otherwise why would people who applied on last day of filing , Aug 16,2007 receive FP notice from my local ASC and not me.

Apahilaj, I have this idea. Is there a way we can reach an IO who is not associated with TSC but can give the same information. Maybe an IO of NSC/CSC.

apahilaj 11-06-2007 03:23 PM

dingudi,

I tend to disagree from you on your comment regarding a possible link between name check and FP. I think they are seperate processes and run in parallel - one does not depend on another. I've read somewhere that a guy's name check was initiated like a month before he went for his FP. He got that info from infopass appointment. Also, wouldn't the IOs mention about the pending name check if it was related to FP notice?

Regarding reaching a non TSC IO, I think is impossible since the call gets directed to TSC or NSC based on the receipt number that you key in when you call.

I agree with you that we'll end up getting the same damn letter as our friend about no appointment availabality at local ASC for our SR response. It seems to me that we have to try either the Infopass or just wait it out.

Has anyone thought about writing to ombdusman (if I spelled it correctly) about this FP notice issue or will that be not worth it?

sweet_jungle 11-06-2007 03:25 PM

format
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HarshJ (Post 192619)
Folks who opened an SR and had NSC-CSC-NSC transfers, what is the format of the ref # the Cust Service Rep gave you??

I got a # of the format T1NXXXXXXXXXXXCSC format.

I also got this format. but response, came from NSC after 30 days of filing SR.
I had called in the middle to confirm whether SR went to CSC. Rep said requests will get to apprpriate service center.
the other problem is for people like us, the status says " case traansferred and pending at uscis office". I find that reps find it hard to figure out where it is pending. because of wac number, they sometimes conclude it is CSC.
the status on phone says "pending at lincoln".

Mount Soche 11-06-2007 03:27 PM

I'm in the same boat
 
I'm a july filer (July 16th)
have gotten EAD
Case status online says AP approved on Nov 2nd.
But NO FP.
Opened a SR on Oct 19th but don't have an appointment.
Called again yesterday and was told to call back on Nov 19th if I still don't have FP appointment.
Of the 6 filers at my job, only 2 got FP...very strange.
FYI, when I called the USCIS, they said it is very unusual not to get FP right after receipt notices. Apparently, the FP appointments are sent "automatically" after the receipts are generated/sent etc. That's what the USCIS rep told me anyways and she opened a SR on her own based on the info I gave her that my FP appointment hadn't arrived after over 100 days.

dingudi 11-06-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192627)
dingudi,

I tend to disagree from you on your comment regarding a possible link between name check and FP. I think they are seperate processes and run in parallel - one does not depend on another. I've read somewhere that a guy's name check was initiated like a month before he went for his FP. He got that info from infopass appointment. Also, wouldn't the IOs mention about the pending name check if it was related to FP notice?

Regarding reaching a non TSC IO, I think is impossible since the call gets directed to TSC or NSC based on the receipt number that you key in when you call.

I agree with you that we'll end up getting the same damn letter as our friend about no appointment availabality at local ASC for our SR response. It seems to me that we have to try either the Infopass or just wait it out.

Has anyone thought about writing to ombdusman (if I spelled it correctly) about this FP notice issue or will that be not worth it?


Maybe we should mention to IOs next time we call that others who applied weeks after us have gotten their FP notices from our local ASC. I am not sure if it will help but worth giving it a try. There is another way I thought we can bypass the TSC IO. I am not sure if this will work but I am thinking of giving it a try if I do not get FP in the next couple of weeks.

GCcomesoon 11-06-2007 03:51 PM

Mine FP is still pending
 
Hi

I have opened up 2 SR's & have taken 2 info-passes till now but I haven't received my FP yet.

GCcomesoon
Priority date - 05/2003
140 approved - 10/2006 from TSC
485,131,765 RD-6/04/2007 at TSC, notices received - 06/07/2007
CA, EB2
Wife's case returned due to some error,send it again & received on 06/17/2007 as per Fedex
Wife's case RD- 7/10/2007

LUD in my case - I131 - 7/10/07, approved - 7/24/07
LUD in my case - 1131,485,765, - 7/11/07
LUD in spouse's case - I131-7/11/07
EAD cleared for spouse - 08/20/07
FP for spouse - 08/08/07 , I rescheduled it.
FP scheduled - 10/03/07 - Done
AP approved for spouse - 09/12/07
EAD aproved - 10/25/2007 - for me
FP for me- ??????


Thanks
GCcomesoon

apahilaj 11-06-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCcomesoon (Post 192642)
Hi

I have opened up 2 SR's & have taken 2 info-passes till now but I haven't received my FP yet.

GCcomesoon
Priority date - 05/2003
140 approved - 10/2006 from TSC
485,131,765 RD-6/04/2007 at TSC, notices received - 06/07/2007
CA, EB2
Wife's case returned due to some error,send it again & received on 06/17/2007 as per Fedex
Wife's case RD- 7/10/2007

LUD in my case - I131 - 7/10/07, approved - 7/24/07
LUD in my case - 1131,485,765, - 7/11/07
LUD in spouse's case - I131-7/11/07
EAD cleared for spouse - 08/20/07
FP for spouse - 08/08/07 , I rescheduled it.
FP scheduled - 10/03/07 - Done
AP approved for spouse - 09/12/07
EAD aproved - 10/25/2007 - for me
FP for me- ??????


Thanks
GCcomesoon


Hi

What did the infopass appointment tell you? Were the officers knew what they were talking about?

Thanks.

cal97 11-06-2007 04:38 PM

I had taken an infopass appointment after filing an SR. All the IO said was I should call NSC. I don't think the IO's at the local USCIS office can issue FP notices.

Shall try again sometime this week or next and update the same here. I am a NSC->CSC->NSC transferee.


Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192643)
Hi

What did the infopass appointment tell you? Were the officers knew what they were talking about?

Thanks.


Ram_C 11-06-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal97 (Post 192676)
I had taken an infopass appointment after filing an SR. All the IO said was I should call NSC. I don't think the IO's at the local USCIS office can issue FP notices.

Shall try again sometime this week or next and update the same here. I am a NSC->CSC->NSC transferee.

has it been more than a month since you opened SR??

GCcomesoon 11-06-2007 05:00 PM

No Details
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192643)
Hi

What did the infopass appointment tell you? Were the officers knew what they were talking about?

Thanks.


They said they will send email to TSC & hopefully I should get the FP in next 30 days , if not I should come again which I did. This time they did the same email thing .Actually I went 2nd time to know whether my NC was clear or not. Menwhile I had created 2 SR's by calling USCIS too.

I hope to get the FP in next few days .

Thanks
GCcomesoon

sweet_jungle 11-06-2007 05:16 PM

ombudsman
 
just sent e-mail to ombudsman. I would encourage all of you to send e-mail regarding FP delay. it did help in getting receipt notices. Please do it for FP also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 192627)
dingudi,

I tend to disagree from you on your comment regarding a possible link between name check and FP. I think they are seperate processes and run in parallel - one does not depend on another. I've read somewhere that a guy's name check was initiated like a month before he went for his FP. He got that info from infopass appointment. Also, wouldn't the IOs mention about the pending name check if it was related to FP notice?

Regarding reaching a non TSC IO, I think is impossible since the call gets directed to TSC or NSC based on the receipt number that you key in when you call.

I agree with you that we'll end up getting the same damn letter as our friend about no appointment availabality at local ASC for our SR response. It seems to me that we have to try either the Infopass or just wait it out.

Has anyone thought about writing to ombdusman (if I spelled it correctly) about this FP notice issue or will that be not worth it?


apahilaj 11-06-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_jungle (Post 192699)
just sent e-mail to ombudsman. I would encourage all of you to send e-mail regarding FP delay. it did help in getting receipt notices. Please do it for FP also.

Hello,

Would you mind sharing some details as to what email did you write it to, any standard form we have to fill out, etc?

I would like to wait till the end of SR period before I bother my ombudsman.

Thanks.

cal97 11-06-2007 07:19 PM

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram_C (Post 192681)
has it been more than a month since you opened SR??


sgupta33 11-07-2007 12:30 PM

No FP notice
 
Hello All,

I am in the same situation in that I too have not received my FP notice as yet. Filed July 23rd at TSC. The application was transferred to CSC and then back to TSC. I opened a SR on October 5th and still have not received a FP notice. When I called to follow up, I've was told that the TSC is significantly delayed because of the volume of applications they received and to wait 90 days!

For those of you who have used infopass, was it helpful in getting your FP scheduled?
Also, can the person who wrote to the obudsman post the e-mail address and format of what he/she wrote? This would make it easier for those of us who would also like to send an e-mail.

Thanks.

sweet_jungle 11-07-2007 01:17 PM

ombudsman format
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgupta33 (Post 192942)
Hello All,

Also, can the person who wrote to the obudsman post the e-mail address and format of what he/she wrote? This would make it easier for those of us who would also like to send an e-mail.

Thanks.

i am pasting the format. just higlight the receipt date in all cases. no need of metioning notice dat. it should not be counted at all.

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My name is xxxxxx and I am currently working at xxxxx as xxxx.

My I-485 was filed on July 2,2007 as an employment based application. My wife, xxxxxx, application was filed as a derivative applicant. It has been over 4 months and I have not yet got an apointment for finger printing. I called up USCIS and got a response from Nebraska Service center, where my application is currently pending, that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC.

We, residents of Bay Area, are suffering a lot from fingerprinting backlog, due to presence of few ASCs.
Also, my case was receipted at CSC and transferred back to NSC. Such cases are taking unusually longer for FP appointments. This is quite frustrating as there are other people directly receipted at NSC in August who have got fingerpinting.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take steps to speed up the process of fingerpinting appointments.

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Thanks a lot for your time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

apahilaj 11-07-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_jungle (Post 192976)
i am pasting the format. just higlight the receipt date in all cases. no need of metioning notice dat. it should not be counted at all.

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My name is xxxxxx and I am currently working at xxxxx as xxxx.

My I-485 was filed on July 2,2007 as an employment based application. My wife, xxxxxx, application was filed as a derivative applicant. It has been over 4 months and I have not yet got an apointment for finger printing. I called up USCIS and got a response from Nebraska Service center, where my application is currently pending, that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC.

We, residents of Bay Area, are suffering a lot from fingerprinting backlog, due to presence of few ASCs.
Also, my case was receipted at CSC and transferred back to NSC. Such cases are taking unusually longer for FP appointments. This is quite frustrating as there are other people directly receipted at NSC in August who have got fingerpinting.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take steps to speed up the process of fingerpinting appointments.

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Thanks a lot for your time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Thanks much.

What is the email address that you sent this to?

sweet_jungle 11-07-2007 02:13 PM

e-mail
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 193018)
Thanks much.

What is the email address that you sent this to?

prakash.@dhs.gov

dingudi 11-07-2007 02:26 PM

I am trying to understand something here. So When we call TSC for FP they say it depends on local ASC. And I read from other posts on this and other forums that people who take infopass appointment for FP with their local ASC get a response that they have to call TSC for FP. So basically with Infopass , the local IO say to contact TSC and by calling TSC they say it depends on local ASC. What do we do now?

sgupta33 11-07-2007 03:10 PM

Thank you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_jungle (Post 192976)
i am pasting the format. just higlight the receipt date in all cases. no need of metioning notice dat. it should not be counted at all.

Dear Mr. Prakash ,

My name is xxxxxx and I am currently working at xxxxx as xxxx.

My I-485 was filed on July 2,2007 as an employment based application. My wife, xxxxxx, application was filed as a derivative applicant. It has been over 4 months and I have not yet got an apointment for finger printing. I called up USCIS and got a response from Nebraska Service center, where my application is currently pending, that my case is waiting for an opening at local ASC.

We, residents of Bay Area, are suffering a lot from fingerprinting backlog, due to presence of few ASCs.
Also, my case was receipted at CSC and transferred back to NSC. Such cases are taking unusually longer for FP appointments. This is quite frustrating as there are other people directly receipted at NSC in August who have got fingerpinting.

I would greatly appreciate if you could take steps to speed up the process of fingerpinting appointments.

My details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My wife's details:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Thanks a lot for your time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for this information.

cal97 11-07-2007 06:54 PM

I took an infopass appointment today. The IO sent an e-mail to NSC after taking details like DOB, address etc. for me and my wife.

btw, FP for us has been scheduled. Looks like they have some kind of a queue for that but a notice has not been sent out.

So that was it. Am going to wait it out patiently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal97 (Post 192676)
I had taken an infopass appointment after filing an SR. All the IO said was I should call NSC. I don't think the IO's at the local USCIS office can issue FP notices.

Shall try again sometime this week or next and update the same here. I am a NSC->CSC->NSC transferee.


BPRAO23 11-07-2007 07:28 PM

Customer service Contact#
 
What's the customer service number and the menu to talk to one of the customer service reprasentative.
I have called the the number 800-375-5283 and confused to select the menu.

Can you please help me in this?

Thanks,

Rao

sweet_jungle 11-07-2007 07:40 PM

Fp
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cal97 (Post 193197)
I took an infopass appointment today. The IO sent an e-mail to NSC after taking details like DOB, address etc. for me and my wife.

btw, FP for us has been scheduled. Looks like they have some kind of a queue for that but a notice has not been sent out.

So that was it. Am going to wait it out patiently.

hi cal97,
Are you a CSC-NSC transfer case?
Are you telling that FP was already sceduled even before you went for Infopass?
Could you tell when case was transferred to NSC and when NSC received it? What is the FP data?
Thanks a lot
SJ

cal97 11-07-2007 08:11 PM

SJ,

o Yes, mine is a NSC->CSC->NSC transfer case.

o I spoke to an IO at NSC around the last week of October and she told me she is going to schedule it, but was a little apprehensive as I trashed some mail without going through it properly (so that was my fault). My main intention on getting an infopass appointment was to make sure that I did not miss any scheduled appointment, which was confirmed by the IO.

o My case was recd. at NSC on 9/21 (Not sure when CSC transferred it). My Notice date is 9/10 if that helps.

o Not sure what you mean by "What is FP data?", did you mean "date" instead of "data" ? If so, I don't know. All she told me was I was in the queue, which I am assuming is their internal queue.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_jungle (Post 193214)
hi cal97,
Are you a CSC-NSC transfer case?
Are you telling that FP was already sceduled even before you went for Infopass?
Could you tell when case was transferred to NSC and when NSC received it? What is the FP data?
Thanks a lot
SJ


apahilaj 11-25-2007 09:20 AM

SR response for not receiving FP...
 
Hi,

Yesterday I got the response for my SR opened on 10/16 for still not receiving FP notice yet. The letter says that the processing on my case has been delayed since the background check on my application is still open. Please contact after 6 months if you still haven't heard back from us. My assumptions are:

1. Since they did not mention any where in the letter about biometrics, they are talking about my 485 petition and not my finger printing notice. Guess they misunderstood why I opened the SR with them. Does that make sense?

2.Is it possible that I haven't received FP notice since my background check is still in progress? I thought that these were two independent process...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

vxb2004 11-25-2007 08:45 PM

Same Boat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 198326)
Hi,

Yesterday I got the response for my SR opened on 10/16 for still not receiving FP notice yet. The letter says that the processing on my case has been delayed since the background check on my application is still open. Please contact after 6 months if you still haven't heard back from us. My assumptions are:

1. Since they did not mention any where in the letter about biometrics, they are talking about my 485 petition and not my finger printing notice. Guess they misunderstood why I opened the SR with them. Does that make sense?

2.Is it possible that I haven't received FP notice since my background check is still in progress? I thought that these were two independent process...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Apahilaj,

FP is definitely not connected to background check. I am sailing in the same boat. My application date was july 17th and notice day was Sep 10th. I opened a SR 45 days back with no response. NSC-TSC transfer case..:confused:

dingudi 11-25-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apahilaj (Post 198326)
Hi,

Yesterday I got the response for my SR opened on 10/16 for still not receiving FP notice yet. The letter says that the processing on my case has been delayed since the background check on my application is still open. Please contact after 6 months if you still haven't heard back from us. My assumptions are:

1. Since they did not mention any where in the letter about biometrics, they are talking about my 485 petition and not my finger printing notice. Guess they misunderstood why I opened the SR with them. Does that make sense?

2.Is it possible that I haven't received FP notice since my background check is still in progress? I thought that these were two independent process...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Apahilaj,

I got the SR response letter saying I contacted them and they are responding by saying that I should wait for the FP if I have not received one yet. So basically I am where I was 2 months ago.

If you read my earlier posts, I did have doubts that FP and NC may have some connection together.

But I think this seems more of a glitch in the TSC system in generation of FP. I mean either its NC or glitch that is causing this delay. Anyway, the NSC at least generates one for you after you speak to an IO. We are unfortunate in that also.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org