Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is biometrics mandatory for EAD?

My wife's EAD has not yet been approved. It has been 92 days since the receive date. We had an infopass appointment today. I did not apply for EAD.

The officer we met with mentioned that the EAD is issued only after the biometrics are done. I highly doubt this is the norm. Our FP is scheduled for Nov 21st. he said that the service center will electronically send the photo/fp to nebraska. Only then can I expect to see any movement on the EAD application.

I have heard that your FP/biometrics does not have anything to with EAD. However, this officer gave us information that is totally contrary to what we have seen in recent times. He mentioned that this is the latest procedure. He suggested that we should schedule another infopass appointment only If we do not get the EAD 3-4 weeks after the biometrics.

Any inputs from people with similar experience?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
sathyaraj will become famous soon enough
Default No

The EAD process has changed. You do not need FP for EAD approval.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Ram_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzatt View Post
My wife's EAD has not yet been approved. It has been 92 days since the receive date. We had an infopass appointment today. I did not apply for EAD.

The officer we met with mentioned that the EAD is issued only after the biometrics are done. I highly doubt this is the norm. Our FP is scheduled for Nov 21st. he said that the service center will electronically send the photo/fp to nebraska. Only then can I expect to see any movement on the EAD application.

I have heard that your FP/biometrics does not have anything to with EAD. However, this officer gave us information that is totally contrary to what we have seen in recent times. He mentioned that this is the latest procedure. He suggested that we should schedule another infopass appointment only If we do not get the EAD 3-4 weeks after the biometrics.

Yes you are true, FP doesn't have anything to do with EAD approval.
However if you apply EAD online, then you will get FP notice as a part of the process.

good luck

CA State Chapter : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/

Old 11-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Biometrics is not needed for EAD. I received mine with "NO fingerprint available" marked on the card. Please call them back or get another infopass and this time, you might be lucky to talk to somone who knows what they are saying. Or just may be, they changed the rule on the fly a few days ago regarding biometrics and EAD.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_C View Post
Yes you are true, FP doesn't have anything to do with EAD approval.
However if you apply EAD online, then you will get FP notice as a part of the process.

good luck
We did not apply online. It is a paper-based application that reached USCIS on AUg 14th.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/07/2006
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all

As per my family experience: for my husband and daughter they issued EADs without
FP 3 weeks befor FP app-t, but mine EAD was ordered, as I've been informed by e-mail,
in a 4 days after FP was done.

So, even if Biometricals are not mandatory for EAD, but EAD Card has place for FP on it,
in some cases they(USCIS) may pretend that there are a requirements( depends from officer)

Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoklaus View Post
As per my family experience: for my husband and daughter they issued EADs without
FP 3 weeks befor FP app-t, but mine EAD was ordered, as I've been informed by e-mail,
in a 4 days after FP was done.

So, even if Biometricals are not mandatory for EAD, but EAD Card has place for FP on it,
in some cases they(USCIS) may pretend that there are a requirements( depends from officer)

Does it have anything to do with how recently you travelled out of the country? or How recently you came into this country? My wife came to US only 6 months back and I am not sure if this has got to do anything with the whole biometrics thing?

It is probably just this IO who has a different intepretation of the rules.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2003
Compare
vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light vnsriv is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

NO

Primary
PD: June 15th 2002 - EB3 (India)
I-485(Self) : July 14, 2005
GC Recd: Jun 29th 2007

Secondary
Spouse(Derivative)
NSC 485/EAD/AP: RD/ND Jun 12th 2007: July 9th 2007FP : 08/22/2007,
EAD Received : 09/20/2007
AP : Approved 10/4/2007; Received 10/30/2007

Old 11-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/07/2006
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all neoklaus is a name known to all

Quote:
Does it have anything to do with how recently you travelled out of the country? or How recently you came into this country? My wife came to US only 6 months back and I am not sure if this has got to do anything with the whole biometrics thing?

It is probably just this IO who has a different intepretation of the rules.
I came to US in June,07, my husband & daughter -Aug.14,07...probably just interpretation matters

Old 11-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shutterbabe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1000 View Post
Biometrics is not needed for EAD. I received mine with "NO fingerprint available" marked on the card. Please call them back or get another infopass and this time, you might be lucky to talk to somone who knows what they are saying. Or just may be, they changed the rule on the fly a few days ago regarding biometrics and EAD.
Hi, I didn't receive my EAD after the 90 days and my lawyer caller the customer service center and they told her that it hasn't been issued because I haven't gotten FPed for it even though I have gotten my FP done for the 485. Is this right? I have never heard of a separate FP needed for an EAD. I am really confused and despite several attempts to make an infopass appointment with the local office I keep getting "no appointments available" notice. My another question is can I get an appointment in an office that doesn't service the region? I live in Southern CT and New Rochelle, NY is the service center that I got my biometrics done and since I didn't get a date putting my own zip code in - I put New Rochelle's zip in it and it gave me openings in New York City. So, can I go see an officer in New York City even though that is not my local office?

Please help, I need to get my EAD soon since my job is waiting for it.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Take infopass ASAP

shutterbabe: Prior to July fiasco, EAD is issued after regular FP; but I have not heard of separate FP to process EAD for Paperfiling cases. If you (have) efile(d) your AP, you will get a separate notice to FP for EAD without that your EAD will not be issued. I would advise you to take an inforpass appointment and discuss with I/O. At the worst case, you have them open a SR and take it from there.

Last edited by wandmaker; 11-18-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typo :)

Old 11-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up EADs without FP will be re-issued after FP

Quote:
I have heard that your FP/biometrics does not have anything to with EAD.
USCIS has its own guideline of issuing EAD within 90 days. Since there was heavy work load after July, they issued without FP. For the EADs issued without FP, they are re-issuing EAD with FP.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
USCIS has its own guideline of issuing EAD within 90 days. Since there was heavy work load after July, they issued without FP. For the EADs issued without FP, they are re-issuing EAD with FP.
Why would USCIS do duplicate work?
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough

the new FP EAD will be the one that you file for renewal, they will not automatically issue a new one.
They stand to gain $340 from it.

For the person worried about his EAD dont go by what the customer rep said, they are forever giving out incorrect information, majority of EADs issued in the last 3 months have been without biometrics.

Wait for 10 days or get infopass appointment.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shutterbabe is on a distinguished road

Thanx everyone for the helpful advice. I will schedule an infopass appointment. Can can I see an I/O at a location that doesn't service my area?