Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   LUD updated without update???? (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/15574-lud-updated-without-update.html)

dollar500 11-19-2007 06:48 PM

LUD updated without update????

I had a strange situation. I checked on the case status site to see if there is any update on my case. I am a July 2 filer with EAD plus FP. The earlier update date was 9/2/2007. I checked there it says that it's updated as 11/1/2007, when I reread it I didn't notice anything different. Can anybody shed some light?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On September 1, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Ram_C 11-19-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollar500 (Post 197181)
I had a strange situation. I checked on the case status site to see if there is any update on my case. I am a July 2 filer with EAD plus FP. The earlier update date was 9/2/2007. I checked there it says that it's updated as 11/1/2007, when I reread it I didn't notice anything different. Can anybody shed some light?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On September 1, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

This is very common, and this is what we call "Soft LUD" in our GC process Lingo. unlike a regular LUD where you see some change in status or information change on your case, Soft LUD happens when an IO for some reason goes through your application or some say it is a system generated one.

hope this helps.

good luck:)

sunny1000 11-19-2007 07:10 PM

On October 14, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I have a question. Mine was filed on Aug 15th but, the online status says that it was received on 10/14. Is this common or is this in error? Should I call CS?

Thanks in advance.

dollar500 11-19-2007 07:14 PM

That's ok

That has happened to me too. It's ok. I looked at the reciept notice and the date is the original reciept date not the one mentioned in update. Don't worry. If you are really concerned call your lawyer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny1000 (Post 197186)

On October 14, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I have a question. Mine was filed on Aug 15th but, the online status says that it was received on 10/14. Is this common or is this in error? Should I call CS?

Thanks in advance.

Ram_C 11-19-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

I think this is an error on USCIS side, so I would suggest you to contact CS and have this corrected. on the other hand I'm not sure if this will make any difference as long as your PD and RD on your receipt notice is intact.

manderson 11-19-2007 07:17 PM

Don't worry about it. It's quite common. Infact I have a similar LUD.

Your 797 (Reciept Notice) hard copy will indicate the actual and official Receipt Date. In your case it will probably be Aug 16 (if you FedEx'd overnight). Oct 14 is the Notice Date.

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

sunny1000 11-19-2007 07:23 PM

Thanks everyone for replying. My I797 shows all the correct dates (ND and RD). Infact, the date online matches the notice date. So, I guess it is ok.

vikramy 11-19-2007 08:00 PM

LUD on Approved 140 application

Today there was LUD on my 140 application which was approved 1 year back. What does this mean? I received my EAD and AP is approved.

Sorry to ask this question on this thread, but i think i don't have ability to create new thread?

Can some one help please?

My PD is Feb 2006 and I am EB3 India

vikramy 11-19-2007 08:39 PM

^^^^

Ram_C 11-19-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikramy (Post 197198)
Today there was LUD on my 140 application which was approved 1 year back. What does this mean? I received my EAD and AP is approved.

Sorry to ask this question on this thread, but i think i don't have ability to create new thread?

Can some one help please?

My PD is Feb 2006 and I am EB3 India

This is common, many of us including me received soft LUD on already approved
I-140 applications. check my post#2 on this same thread.

hope this helps
good luck :)

gee_see 11-19-2007 11:12 PM

Do not rely on on-line status

My online status has been showing 'Finger printing fee rejected and case now in suspense' since july 2006 although i had my FP done in Aug 2006.

I've called customer service many time to correct this issue but no luck so far. Also my attorney sent mail/follow up with USCIS and it did help either.

Now i've stopped looking at on-line status....