Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Compare
dollar500 is infamous around these parts dollar500 is infamous around these parts dollar500 is infamous around these parts
Default LUD updated without update????

I had a strange situation. I checked on the case status site to see if there is any update on my case. I am a July 2 filer with EAD plus FP. The earlier update date was 9/2/2007. I checked there it says that it's updated as 11/1/2007, when I reread it I didn't notice anything different. Can anybody shed some light?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On September 1, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Ram_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollar500 View Post
I had a strange situation. I checked on the case status site to see if there is any update on my case. I am a July 2 filer with EAD plus FP. The earlier update date was 9/2/2007. I checked there it says that it's updated as 11/1/2007, when I reread it I didn't notice anything different. Can anybody shed some light?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On September 1, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
This is very common, and this is what we call "Soft LUD" in our GC process Lingo. unlike a regular LUD where you see some change in status or information change on your case, Soft LUD happens when an IO for some reason goes through your application or some say it is a system generated one.

hope this helps.

good luck

CA State Chapter : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/

Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

On October 14, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I have a question. Mine was filed on Aug 15th but, the online status says that it was received on 10/14. Is this common or is this in error? Should I call CS?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Compare
dollar500 is infamous around these parts dollar500 is infamous around these parts dollar500 is infamous around these parts
Default That's ok

That has happened to me too. It's ok. I looked at the reciept notice and the date is the original reciept date not the one mentioned in update. Don't worry. If you are really concerned call your lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1000 View Post

On October 14, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I have a question. Mine was filed on Aug 15th but, the online status says that it was received on 10/14. Is this common or is this in error? Should I call CS?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I think this is an error on USCIS side, so I would suggest you to contact CS and have this corrected. on the other hand I'm not sure if this will make any difference as long as your PD and RD on your receipt notice is intact.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice

Don't worry about it. It's quite common. Infact I have a similar LUD.

Your 797 (Reciept Notice) hard copy will indicate the actual and official Receipt Date. In your case it will probably be Aug 16 (if you FedEx'd overnight). Oct 14 is the Notice Date.

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for replying. My I797 shows all the correct dates (ND and RD). Infact, the date online matches the notice date. So, I guess it is ok.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of
Question LUD on Approved 140 application

Today there was LUD on my 140 application which was approved 1 year back. What does this mean? I received my EAD and AP is approved.

Sorry to ask this question on this thread, but i think i don't have ability to create new thread?

Can some one help please?

My PD is Feb 2006 and I am EB3 India

Last edited by vikramy; 11-19-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of

^^^^

Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramy View Post
Today there was LUD on my 140 application which was approved 1 year back. What does this mean? I received my EAD and AP is approved.

Sorry to ask this question on this thread, but i think i don't have ability to create new thread?

Can some one help please?

My PD is Feb 2006 and I am EB3 India
This is common, many of us including me received soft LUD on already approved
I-140 applications. check my post#2 on this same thread.

hope this helps
good luck

Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Compare
gee_see is on a distinguished road
Default Do not rely on on-line status

My online status has been showing 'Finger printing fee rejected and case now in suspense' since july 2006 although i had my FP done in Aug 2006.

I've called customer service many time to correct this issue but no luck so far. Also my attorney sent mail/follow up with USCIS and it did help either.

Now i've stopped looking at on-line status....