Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough
Default Encouraging news for people still waiting for FP's

Hi,
All those waiting for FP including me here is some good news if my logic is correct.

USCIS announed today that as of today( Feb 15th) they will consolidate all Biometrics for EAD and I-485. This means AS a WORST case the next time (perhaps aug-sept 08) when we will need to renew the EAD's and take FP appoitments in the local ASC it will automatically fulfill our requirement for biometrics for 485.

Read this at
http://www.immigration-law.com/

Anyone ready to dispute my logic??
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of
Default Nothing new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakgc View Post
Hi,
All those waiting for FP including me here is some good news if my logic is correct.

USCIS announed today that as of today( Feb 15th) they will consolidate all Biometrics for EAD and I-485. This means AS a WORST case the next time (perhaps aug-sept 08) when we will need to renew the EAD's and take FP appoitments in the local ASC it will automatically fulfill our requirement for biometrics for 485.

Read this at

I filed in July 07 and had single FP for both EAD/485 in last Sep... So doesn't look news to me.. May be USCIS wanted to say that they'll preserve this FP and will use for consequent EAD renewals thus not requiring new FP evry year...

Old 02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
apahilaj will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajju View Post
I filed in July 07 and had single FP for both EAD/485 in last Sep... So doesn't look news to me.. May be USCIS wanted to say that they'll preserve this FP and will use for consequent EAD renewals thus not requiring new FP evry year...
Not sure about your comment...I believe FP expires after 15 months so I would think you will still need to provide FPs every 15 or so months...

I certainly find this a good news, since it's more than 5 months now since I filed my 485 and I never received any FP notice yet.
FP: 4/11/08 (self and spouse)
485: Received CPO email for self and spouse: 8/4/8
485: Received email welcoming new PR: 8/5/8
485: Received email for approval notice sent: 8/8/8

------------
Contributed $50 for omnibus drive, will contribute more for IV's efforts.

Sent letters to White House and IV.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2006
Compare
mallu has a spectacular aura about mallu has a spectacular aura about mallu has a spectacular aura about
Default No second FP/ thrid FP ?!

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/p...ia_cis_bss.pdf

Is USCIS going to do one time FP collection and going to re-use it for 2nd FP, 3rd FP.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallu View Post
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/p...ia_cis_bss.pdf

Is USCIS going to do one time FP collection and going to re-use it for 2nd FP, 3rd FP.
Agree... I think no more FPs after the initial ones.. even for EAD renewals.. Thats a good news...

But first time FP if applied EAD included both 485 & EAD (code level 3)...

Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dingudi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,

Read this at

I think this only applies to people who filed 485 and EAD concurrently. I applied for EAD after 2 months of 485 filing. Till date, I am still waiting to receive my FP notice for the filed 485. But I have already received EAD card quite some time ago.

How does this affect people like me, Apahilaj who are still waiting to receive their FP notice.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough prakgc is a jewel in the rough
Default Here is how..

I believe nobody understood my comment.
let me explain...

All those waiting for FP notices like me and all of you from the July 485 filings will very soon have to renew our EAD's... maybe in september (depends when you applied)
If you look carefully all those EAD's cards will have fingerprinting set to none.
Now when you renew your EAD based on your A# you will be asked to call your local ASC and take a biometric appointment ( i am assuming).
If that happens then what i am saying is that " That will automatically fulfill the the FP your 485 also" as per new USCIS guidelines.

Let me know if i am assuming anything wrong?
In other words i am saying our FP wait for 485 should end as soon as we call the local ASC to take a FP appoitment for renewal of our EAD.

Don't you guys remeber doing something similar for getting OPT also??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingudi View Post
I think this only applies to people who filed 485 and EAD concurrently. I applied for EAD after 2 months of 485 filing. Till date, I am still waiting to receive my FP notice for the filed 485. But I have already received EAD card quite some time ago.

How does this affect people like me, Apahilaj who are still waiting to receive their FP notice.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare

Maybe i should ask a more imp question which relates to my assumption..

When we renew our EAD's online , after paying fees etc don't we get a number we are supposed to call to take an appoitment for FP at our local ASC?

I remember doing something similar for getting my OPT card .. so i am assuming the same for EAD renewal..

any ideas?

Old 02-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
apahilaj will become famous soon enough

I personally find it hard to believe that we as an applicant have to call local ASC office to get fingerprinted, but then am not 100% sure of how the EAD renewal process works. Logically thinking, I would guess that USCIS would request an appointment at local ASC once you apply for EAD renewal.

May be some one here who has already gone through the process of renewing EAD will be able to take this...
FP: 4/11/08 (self and spouse)
485: Received CPO email for self and spouse: 8/4/8
485: Received email welcoming new PR: 8/5/8
485: Received email for approval notice sent: 8/8/8

------------
Contributed $50 for omnibus drive, will contribute more for IV's efforts.

Sent letters to White House and IV.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare

I am 100% sure. There are 2 ways to file for EAD ( or even OPT for that matter)

One is paper filing where everything including photos can be sent through post and you will get the EAD.

The other way is called "efile" in which you have to go to local ASC for photo and fingerprinting and then send the documents alongside.

It is the second process of "efile" which will complete the FP when we renew because we will have to go to local ASC for FP.

So basically all those who have 485 FP pending maybe you should consider efiling for EAD renewals and not paper file.

Dingudi : It doesn't matter whether you filed EAD concurrently or not. When you need to renew EAD just efile and you should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apahilaj View Post
I personally find it hard to believe that we as an applicant have to call local ASC office to get fingerprinted, but then am not 100% sure of how the EAD renewal process works. Logically thinking, I would guess that USCIS would request an appointment at local ASC once you apply for EAD renewal.

May be some one here who has already gone through the process of renewing EAD will be able to take this...

Old 02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mariusp will become famous soon enough mariusp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Let me know if i am assuming anything wrong?
It's not so clear to me. The new procedure does not make it mandatory to have FP done to obtain an EAD. So you could very well renew your EAD without having to provide FPs.

What the document says is that when filling 485 + EAD they will use the same set of FPs for all applications which is cool but doesn't guarantee that you will get an FP notice.

It only says that IF you get an FP notice it will apply to both EAD and I-485.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare

Yes but we are talking of a case where when we renew our EAD through the efile process then we will be going to a local ASC to do fingerprinting anyway.
USCIS will not send us a FP notice. Usually after paying the fees through efile a page will come which has a number to call to a take a appt with local ASC.

If i understand correct that fingerprint should take care of everything because it will be based on your A# and is supposed to be for EAD and 485 because as of Feb 15th both are linked Biometric wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusp View Post
It's not so clear to me. The new procedure does not make it mandatory to have FP done to obtain an EAD. So you could very well renew your EAD without having to provide FPs.

What the document says is that when filling 485 + EAD they will use the same set of FPs for all applications which is cool but doesn't guarantee that you will get an FP notice.

It only says that IF you get an FP notice it will apply to both EAD and I-485.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dingudi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes but we are talking of a case where when we renew our EAD through the efile process then we will be going to a local ASC to do fingerprinting anyway.
USCIS will not send us a FP notice. Usually after paying the fees through efile a page will come which has a number to call to a take a appt with local ASC.

If i understand correct that fingerprint should take care of everything because it will be based on your A# and is supposed to be for EAD and 485 because as of Feb 15th both are linked Biometric wise.
prakgc,

If you read the PDF link of USCIS, it clearly mentions that this only applies for people who concurrently file 485. And not to people who have seperately filed 485 and EAD. In my case, my EAD was filed 2 months after filing 485.

I am pasting the text copied from the pdf :

"Applicants who filed concurrently before this notice and have received two notices from the ASC are still required to attend both appointments. Further, this change will not affect applicants who do not file the I-765 concurrently with the I-485."

If you read the last sentence it clearly says that it is not applicable who do not file concurrently

Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2006
Compare
mallu has a spectacular aura about mallu has a spectacular aura about mallu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajju View Post
Agree... I think no more FPs after the initial ones.. even for EAD renewals.. Thats a good news...

But first time FP if applied EAD included both 485 & EAD (code level 3)...
Not sure the above is true.
http://immigration-information.com/f...ead.php?t=4309

Old 02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare

Yes you are correct , dingudi.. sorry i missed that

I should rephrase and say that people who filed their 485 and EAD concurrently in July and who have not received their FP notices maybe able to do FP by means of efiling for their EAD renewal whenever it comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingudi View Post
prakgc,

If you read the PDF link of USCIS, it clearly mentions that this only applies for people who concurrently file 485. And not to people who have seperately filed 485 and EAD. In my case, my EAD was filed 2 months after filing 485.

I am pasting the text copied from the pdf :

"Applicants who filed concurrently before this notice and have received two notices from the ASC are still required to attend both appointments. Further, this change will not affect applicants who do not file the I-765 concurrently with the I-485."

If you read the last sentence it clearly says that it is not applicable who do not file concurrently