Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
no538 is on a distinguished road

Today I've talked to the IO at my local USICS center in MN with the Infopass Appointment and it was a total waste of time. The IO did not know what she was talking about, she just bluntly said that any GC application will take 2 years to get approval.

She didn't care to look closely at Priority Date or any of that stuff. I thought its of no point to talk to her anymore about this stuff, I just asked if she could put in a request for my FP appointment, she said she would.

I did not see any LUD's on my receipt number yet. Its strange that my wife's receipt number has LUD's after calling USCIS for FP appointment.

I'm hoping that we'll get the FP soon. I feel that I'm unlucky to have my PD current and not being done with the FP

Priority Date: Nov 2003
EB2 (EB3 to EB2 conversion)
I-485 Receipt Date: 07/12/2007
I-485 Notice Date: 09/07/2007
Service Center: TSC
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
no538 is on a distinguished road

Both my wife and I've received the Biometrics appointment yesterday for May 6th. We were calling the USCIS center almost once a week regarding this for the last 3 weeks and we are glad that it worked out for us.

Priority Date: Nov 2003
EB2 (EB3 to EB2 conversion)
I-485 Receipt Date: 07/12/2007
I-485 Notice Date: 09/07/2007
Service Center: TSC

Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough
Default Any updates on FP waiting people

I know there were a lot of people of this forum who have not received their finger print notices during the summer filing last year.
Its been so long and I have not received mine yet. I opened an SR this week and also spoke to my attorney regarding this. He seems to think there is nothing to worry as FPs might be issued at any stage of the green card processing.

Just want to know how many more people are in the same boat and what you all are doing to get your notices.
Please keep posted
Thanks

Old 12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantak View Post
I know there were a lot of people of this forum who have not received their finger print notices during the summer filing last year.
Its been so long and I have not received mine yet. I opened an SR this week and also spoke to my attorney regarding this. He seems to think there is nothing to worry as FPs might be issued at any stage of the green card processing.

Just want to know how many more people are in the same boat and what you all are doing to get your notices.
Please keep posted
Thanks
I got my FP notice today after multiple SRs and multiple infopass and also went through AC21 - NOID - case reopen situation.

I am a July 2007 filer and case transferred to TSC. During the August mad rush approvals of 485 - my wife got her FP but I got an NOID. I took infopass after that and was told that FP will be sent only after reviewing my case.

To me it looks like it is a system generated thing - 15 months after filing 485 or maybe they are dooing background processing on pending cases

Old 12-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
I got my FP notice today after multiple SRs and multiple infopass and also went through AC21 - NOID - case reopen situation.

I am a July 2007 filer and case transferred to TSC. During the August mad rush approvals of 485 - my wife got her FP but I got an NOID. I took infopass after that and was told that FP will be sent only after reviewing my case.

To me it looks like it is a system generated thing - 15 months after filing 485 or maybe they are dooing background processing on pending cases
Looks like they started sending second FP notices for June/July filers?? Is the count for 15months begin the day we went to first FP??

Old 12-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold
Default It may be true but not in all cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post

Chandu and other fellow IVans who are waiting for their FP,

My Experience, I have not done my first FP for 485 yet.
Reason by IO (at infopass): FP for my 765 which as taken for the first time, three months back in their system is not updated and that is holding to release the FP for my 485. Opened SR (I forgot the count) and taken infopass (atleast 3 times) and no use.

Recently I have opened a new SR and the IO (second level) have ackn.. that the FP is not taken for me and said that she would open an SR, lets see if that works out.

Good luck to every one who is still waiting for their FP.. this is my short story.

Shana

Old 12-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough shantak is a jewel in the rough

In response to my second SR, today I have received an FP notice. However it is code 2. The notice included the receipt numbers of both I-485 and also EAD. I have already given my FP for EAD few months ago. Im not sure why they have sent me a Code 2 (with 485 receipt in it) again.
This is really weird. I was always under the impression that 485 requires Code 1 or Code 3.
Anybody else in a similar situation??
Please respond
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shana04 View Post
Chandu and other fellow IVans who are waiting for their FP,

My Experience, I have not done my first FP for 485 yet.
Reason by IO (at infopass): FP for my 765 which as taken for the first time, three months back in their system is not updated and that is holding to release the FP for my 485. Opened SR (I forgot the count) and taken infopass (atleast 3 times) and no use.

Recently I have opened a new SR and the IO (second level) have ackn.. that the FP is not taken for me and said that she would open an SR, lets see if that works out.

Good luck to every one who is still waiting for their FP.. this is my short story.

Shana

Old 12-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of
Default Are they not same?

I did finger printing twice for EAD. Will there be another for I485 too? I thought both are one? Looks they are different from the post

Please explain, if there will be seperate FP for 485 then i also did not get one

Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramy View Post
I did finger printing twice for EAD. Will there be another for I485 too? I thought both are one? Looks they are different from the post

Please explain, if there will be seperate FP for 485 then i also did not get one

Did you give finger print of all the fingers or just thumb. If it is all the fingers then it is ok. If not then I dont know, that is what my question was. 485 requires all the fingers and EAD requires only one.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of
Default Thanks

Yes i gave all fingers first time and only thumb second time.

Thansk for the clarification

Old 12-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light

I am a july 2007 filer also. For my first EAD and AP - i did finger printing. But when i renewed my EAD and AP couple of months back, i got both of them renewed, but was not asked to do any FP. Are you guys saying - that is not ok? I should open an SR or Info pass or whatever and have to do another FP?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3GC View Post
I am a july 2007 filer also. For my first EAD and AP - i did finger printing. But when i renewed my EAD and AP couple of months back, i got both of them renewed, but was not asked to do any FP. Are you guys saying - that is not ok? I should open an SR or Info pass or whatever and have to do another FP?
Did you paper filed or e-filed?? For paper file there is no FP needed..

Old 01-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Default Completed Code 3 today

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantak View Post

Please keep posted
Thanks
I have completed my code 3 fingerprint today. I explained to the officer taking FP that I have given code 2 a few months ago and Im asked to do the same again without actually giving my 10 fingers for 485.
She went to her supervisor who came back and asked me what the problem was. I explained the same again with more details. He said he will check my case details and that needs to talk to his manager.
Went back to his room and after 5 minutes wait, came back to me and said they will be taking Code 3 Finger prints. And they did ..
After I came back to my office I checked the LUD on my case, it was updated to todays date.
Thanks

Old 01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold abhisam is a splendid one to behold
Default similar situation

we were in a similar situation of getting no FP notice. we opened many SRs but of no use. finally we took an infopass appointment after waiting for a year and the officer gave us a FP appointment letter then and there itself. she even asked us the date/time convenient to us.

I guess it depends on the officer you get but sometimes it does help to take infopass appointment.
Notice Date - 10th September, 2007 from TSC
Recieved EAD Card
LUD on I-140 on 08/05/2007
Contribution - $100 so far
Volunteered at the SoCal Aug 18 event
Southern California IV Chapter

Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am expecting my second FP this month

I feel very Sorry for you guys.

Closed Thread