Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of
Default Fingerprinting with Henna

Hello all -

My fiance and I have now decided to move to the UK. One of the requirements is to have a biometrics appointment and get fingerprints taken at one of the local USCIS centers.

She is going to have Henna/Mehendi on her hands, as we're getting married next week. Does anyone here have any idea if the henna/mehendi makes it difficult to get fingerprinting done or hampers it in anyway. UK websites and the border agency do say that they won't take fingerprints if there is any form of tattoo or henna on the fingers.

If someone could share their experience with fingerprinting with henna on their fingers in US would be great!

Thanks

Airbusfan
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Henna => dries skin => difficulty in taking finger prints
Just a guess

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute

No answer to your question. But Congratulations .... unique scenario though

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusfan View Post
Hello all -

My fiance and I have now decided to move to the UK. One of the requirements is to have a biometrics appointment and get fingerprints taken at one of the local USCIS centers.

She is going to have Henna/Mehendi on her hands, as we're getting married next week. Does anyone here have any idea if the henna/mehendi makes it difficult to get fingerprinting done or hampers it in anyway. UK websites and the border agency do say that they won't take fingerprints if there is any form of tattoo or henna on the fingers.

If someone could share their experience with fingerprinting with henna on their fingers in US would be great!

Thanks

Airbusfan
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. thats a sweet headache to have. i know they cover the whole hand with henna, but i would say leave the fingertips. once the fingerprinting is done, add henna on the tips. she can pass it as a different design. what say.

good luck with everything buddy.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute xyz0011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Silly

Congratulations for getting married and asking a silly question. You knew the solution before you asked the question.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2008
Compare
prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough prasadn is a jewel in the rough
Default Should not be a problem

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...se-advice.html (Henna/Mehndi on hand.. FP to do?? Please advice)

Old 10-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of airbusfan has much to be proud of

Thanks Everyone for the wishes and I concur with the experience posted in the thread that Prasadn has posted. We got our visa's approved in 24 hours!! Way better than USCIS!!