Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2012
Compare
racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold
Default FP on 5/18. need help.

Hi Gurus,
My wife and I have the FP appointment on Friday. Can someone who's gone through this before please tell me what to expect and what docs to carry etc.? any tips?

sorry, I couldn't find anything that was answering these questions, so thought I'd start a new thread. Appreciate your responses. thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racha24 View Post
Hi Gurus,
My wife and I have the FP appointment on Friday. Can someone who's gone through this before please tell me what to expect and what docs to carry etc.? any tips?

sorry, I couldn't find anything that was answering these questions, so thought I'd start a new thread. Appreciate your responses. thanks.
Please post your experience once you complete the FP so others can be benefited...

Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/04/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute

Arrive 10-15 min early
Show your DL/Passport, FP notice
Fill the form
They will call to get FP
That's it !!! Relax. You are done.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
100mya has a spectacular aura about 100mya has a spectacular aura about
Default Nothing to worry

As suggested in the previous post, arrive 10/15 mins early. Search online if the center you are going has got parking else search for public/street side parking closely and go even earlier as you never know. What I have noticed is they really dont care what time your appointment is they just go by first come first server, I may be wrong but thats what i experienced when i went.

Documents: Passport, FP notice.
Return Document: Make sure that the person who is doing your scanning stamps the back of your FP notice and gives it back to you. Its an important document.
Thats it.

The process hardly takes like few mins. There is nothing to worry.

All the best and post your experience.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2012
Compare
racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold
Default thanks

thanks 100mya and sguntaka for your responses.

I will definitely post my experience. thanks.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute jazzyjatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default A very easy process

Hello racha24,

FP is not a complicated process.

As earlier posted by 100mya and sguntaka, carry your DL/ Passport with you and arrive 15 minutes early at the respective center.

They will ask you to fill a form (personal information stuff etc) and check your credentials.
Also carry your biometrics / FP notice which you got in mail. They will put a stamp on it and will then take your fingerprints and photo.

The whole process takes about 15-20 minutes. Infact I did my biometrics today.

hope this helps

Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2012
Compare
Default Done!

Just got done with it this morning at Elizabeth, NJ ASC. It was fairly painless apart from the wait. It took us almost 2 hours to finish. We carried passports along with our appointment letters. Had to fill a worksheet and got into the bio-metrics queue. When my number was called, they guy looked at our paperwork, asked me to verify everything showing up on the screen and then proceeded to take fingerprints.

Believe me, you have to relax and let your mind wander and focus not too much on what was going on; otherwise, lots of finger-sliding will happen as the tech. tries to work with your fingers to get good impressions. I got admonished on what would happen if FBI were to reject my fingerprints. Anyways, he had to do mine 3 times to get good results. He then annotated and stamped the appointment letter and gave it back to me. There was also a customer experience survey that I filled at the end.

And that's it. hope it was helpful!

Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2012
Compare
Default oops

forgot to add... my photo got taken in between...