Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Eb3- I485 RFE (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/3096240-eb3-i485-rfe.html)

spicy_guy 08-16-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicy_guy (Post 3589266)
Guys,

I have a couple questions...

- To reply to the employment EVL, do we need to submit all EAD copies?
- I have 30 days gap during the EAD last year. Would that hurt?
- I currently with a small (non desi) consulting company. Has anyone replied with same setup? (Paid by hour).

Thanks

Just bumping it up.

hariswaminathan 08-16-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicy_guy (Post 3589266)
Guys,

I have a couple questions...

- To reply to the employment EVL, do we need to submit all EAD copies?
- I have 30 days gap during the EAD last year. Would that hurt?
- I currently with a small (non desi) consulting company. Has anyone replied with same setup? (Paid by hour).

Thanks

1. ALL EAD copies since filing I-485 - YES to prove continuous employment. Unless you want to submit other documents as evidence per your RFE letter. EADs are the easiest method.
2. Perhaps. Submit all copies and don't highlight it. Wait to see if they ask anything. They may not.
3. No Idea about this one.

pak 08-17-2015 08:34 AM

GAP in EAD

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicy_guy (Post 3589287)
Just bumping it up.

Hi Spicy_guy,

I am in the same boat with 43days gap in EADs this year. Lawyer advised that why you did not work, you should have worked and be on the payroll. Share your lawyer's input. Thanks.

spicy_guy 08-17-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pak (Post 3589290)
Hi Spicy_guy,

I am in the same boat with 43days gap in EADs this year. Lawyer advised that why you did not work, you should have worked and be on the payroll. Share your lawyer's input. Thanks.

It should be other way around. We should NOT work, when we don't have a valid EAD "in hand". I continued to work instead of stopping the work. Because, its not possible to discuss with the employers. They don't care.

That aside, to cover that up, there is a clause. I don't recall the number, which protects this type of work.

If they specifically ask for proof of continuous employment, you might need to send all the copies of EADs. But if they did not ask for it, don't send it. Thats the advise I got

EAD 08-17-2015 03:02 PM

245 k rule

https://www.google.com/#q=245+k+rule[/url]

spicy_guy 08-17-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAD (Post 3589295)
https://www.google.com/#q=245+k+rule[/url]

Spot on!

laborinbacklog 08-17-2015 04:52 PM

G-325 a

I got an RFE to submit G-325A. My wife who is a dependent applicant got her EAD in 2007 fiasco and since then worked as an independent contractor and filed taxes as sole proprietor. Later in 2011 she created an s-corp for tax purposes and continued working as an independent contractor. How do we fill the experience in the last 5 years section for her? What would be the name and address of the employer in this case?

Thanks.

hariswaminathan 08-17-2015 05:33 PM

Does not Matter

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborinbacklog (Post 3589297)
I got an RFE to submit G-325A. My wife who is a dependent applicant got her EAD in 2007 fiasco and since then worked as an independent contractor and filed taxes as sole proprietor. Later in 2011 she created an s-corp for tax purposes and continued working as an independent contractor. How do we fill the experience in the last 5 years section for her? What would be the name and address of the employer in this case?

Thanks.

So If you are the primary applicant who's employment based GC was sponsored with a Labor certification, it doesn't matter what you put on your Spouses Work experience / employer as they will be least concerned with that and She was essentially allowed to do whatever she wanted on her EAD (this is my opinion btw!). I would put something like "Self Employed / Independent Contractor" on employer name.

enthu 08-17-2015 11:07 PM

Any August Approvals?

Any August approvals? Looks like not many cases are approved so far in August month.

mrh 08-20-2015 11:57 AM

Any updates on the card? Even I have just received the welcome notice. No movement after that.

MRH

spicy_guy 08-20-2015 04:51 PM

Has anyone with PD Sep 2004 or later replied RFE and gotten any response?

gamin786 08-20-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicy_guy (Post 3589345)
Has anyone with PD Sep 2004 or later replied RFE and gotten any response?

Hoping to send my response on by Monday.

On the other hand, we got an email for my wife's rfe, but nothing arrived in the mail. Mine was delayed too, but she never got hers. We tried to call after the 30days of the notice and they made a case and gave us a case number. Now her case updates says

Quote:

As of August 10, 2015, your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you did not receive, referral number T1DXXXXXXXXTSC, is currently not assigned for processing.
Now they are asking her to wait for another 30days from august 10th. This is ridiculous. I don't know how some people talked to people in USCIS who were so courteous who faxed the copy of the rfe.

spicy_guy 08-20-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamin786 (Post 3589347)
Hoping to send my response on by Monday.

On the other hand, we got an email for my wife's rfe, but nothing arrived in the mail. Mine was delayed too, but she never got hers. We tried to call after the 30days of the notice and they made a case and gave us a case number. Now her case updates says

Now they are asking her to wait for another 30days from august 10th. This is ridiculous. I don't know how some people talked to people in USCIS who were so courteous who faxed the copy of the rfe.

Each rep is different.. in their level of knowledge, patience, and being really helpful..
Call again and try.

vidbob 08-20-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enthu (Post 3589307)
Any August approvals? Looks like not many cases are approved so far in August month.

PD 2 Aug 2004
Got RFE on March 25th 2015, for Medical and Employment verification, replied on June 7th and USCIS Response of the receipt of the medical doc on 9th June 2015.
Nothing after that. Hopefully soon.

spicy_guy 08-21-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidbob (Post 3589352)
PD 2 Aug 2004
Got RFE on March 25th 2015, for Medical and Employment verification, replied on June 7th and USCIS Response of the receipt of the medical doc on 9th June 2015.
Nothing after that. Hopefully soon.

My wild guess is, they "might" move back the dates for two or three months in the next bulletin. From demand data, I don't understand the logic of moving the dates until Dec.

Well, personally I wish the dates move ahead and everyone gets the GC regardless of how late their PD is, when they are current. But practically, I am cynical about it.