Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
Guys,

I have a couple questions...

- To reply to the employment EVL, do we need to submit all EAD copies?
- I have 30 days gap during the EAD last year. Would that hurt?
- I currently with a small (non desi) consulting company. Has anyone replied with same setup? (Paid by hour).

Thanks
Just bumping it up.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Guys,

I have a couple questions...

- To reply to the employment EVL, do we need to submit all EAD copies?
- I have 30 days gap during the EAD last year. Would that hurt?
- I currently with a small (non desi) consulting company. Has anyone replied with same setup? (Paid by hour).

Thanks
1. ALL EAD copies since filing I-485 - YES to prove continuous employment. Unless you want to submit other documents as evidence per your RFE letter. EADs are the easiest method.
2. Perhaps. Submit all copies and don't highlight it. Wait to see if they ask anything. They may not.
3. No Idea about this one.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default GAP in EAD

Quote:
Just bumping it up.
Hi Spicy_guy,

I am in the same boat with 43days gap in EADs this year. Lawyer advised that why you did not work, you should have worked and be on the payroll. Share your lawyer's input. Thanks.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 08-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pak View Post
Hi Spicy_guy,

I am in the same boat with 43days gap in EADs this year. Lawyer advised that why you did not work, you should have worked and be on the payroll. Share your lawyer's input. Thanks.
It should be other way around. We should NOT work, when we don't have a valid EAD "in hand". I continued to work instead of stopping the work. Because, its not possible to discuss with the employers. They don't care.

That aside, to cover that up, there is a clause. I don't recall the number, which protects this type of work.

If they specifically ask for proof of continuous employment, you might need to send all the copies of EADs. But if they did not ask for it, don't send it. Thats the advise I got

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EAD has a spectacular aura about EAD has a spectacular aura about
Default 245 k rule

https://www.google.com/#q=245+k+rule[/url]

Old 08-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAD View Post
https://www.google.com/#q=245+k+rule[/url]
Spot on!

Old 08-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
laborinbacklog will become famous soon enough laborinbacklog will become famous soon enough
Default G-325 a

I got an RFE to submit G-325A. My wife who is a dependent applicant got her EAD in 2007 fiasco and since then worked as an independent contractor and filed taxes as sole proprietor. Later in 2011 she created an s-corp for tax purposes and continued working as an independent contractor. How do we fill the experience in the last 5 years section for her? What would be the name and address of the employer in this case?

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of
Default Does not Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborinbacklog View Post
I got an RFE to submit G-325A. My wife who is a dependent applicant got her EAD in 2007 fiasco and since then worked as an independent contractor and filed taxes as sole proprietor. Later in 2011 she created an s-corp for tax purposes and continued working as an independent contractor. How do we fill the experience in the last 5 years section for her? What would be the name and address of the employer in this case?

Thanks.
So If you are the primary applicant who's employment based GC was sponsored with a Labor certification, it doesn't matter what you put on your Spouses Work experience / employer as they will be least concerned with that and She was essentially allowed to do whatever she wanted on her EAD (this is my opinion btw!). I would put something like "Self Employed / Independent Contractor" on employer name.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
enthu is on a distinguished road
Default Any August Approvals?

Any August approvals? Looks like not many cases are approved so far in August month.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mrh is on a distinguished road

Any updates on the card? Even I have just received the welcome notice. No movement after that.

MRH

Old 08-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Has anyone with PD Sep 2004 or later replied RFE and gotten any response?

Old 08-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gamin786 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Has anyone with PD Sep 2004 or later replied RFE and gotten any response?
Hoping to send my response on by Monday.

On the other hand, we got an email for my wife's rfe, but nothing arrived in the mail. Mine was delayed too, but she never got hers. We tried to call after the 30days of the notice and they made a case and gave us a case number. Now her case updates says

Quote:
As of August 10, 2015, your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you did not receive, referral number T1DXXXXXXXXTSC, is currently not assigned for processing.
Now they are asking her to wait for another 30days from august 10th. This is ridiculous. I don't know how some people talked to people in USCIS who were so courteous who faxed the copy of the rfe.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamin786 View Post
Hoping to send my response on by Monday.

On the other hand, we got an email for my wife's rfe, but nothing arrived in the mail. Mine was delayed too, but she never got hers. We tried to call after the 30days of the notice and they made a case and gave us a case number. Now her case updates says

Now they are asking her to wait for another 30days from august 10th. This is ridiculous. I don't know how some people talked to people in USCIS who were so courteous who faxed the copy of the rfe.
Each rep is different.. in their level of knowledge, patience, and being really helpful..
Call again and try.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
vidbob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu View Post
Any August approvals? Looks like not many cases are approved so far in August month.
PD 2 Aug 2004
Got RFE on March 25th 2015, for Medical and Employment verification, replied on June 7th and USCIS Response of the receipt of the medical doc on 9th June 2015.
Nothing after that. Hopefully soon.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbob View Post
PD 2 Aug 2004
Got RFE on March 25th 2015, for Medical and Employment verification, replied on June 7th and USCIS Response of the receipt of the medical doc on 9th June 2015.
Nothing after that. Hopefully soon.
My wild guess is, they "might" move back the dates for two or three months in the next bulletin. From demand data, I don't understand the logic of moving the dates until Dec.

Well, personally I wish the dates move ahead and everyone gets the GC regardless of how late their PD is, when they are current. But practically, I am cynical about it.