Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluckydude View Post
FIFO - Not too sure about it. TSC today have approved cases from RFER 9/8/2015 and mine is 9/3 and still no news

They have approved cases from 8/27, 8/28, 9/2 also today. I am not sure if that is purely based on RFER date.

We (IV) have an excellent tracker and I wonder why no one is updating their details in the profile. If everyone updates their current status along with dates, it might give a clear picture of how the cases are approved.
You can check this tracker below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

http://www.t r a c k i t t.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/1571206957/eb3-india-post-rfes-for-future-priority-dat/page/last_page

Thanks

Old 09-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
GCWORRIES is on a distinguished road
Default Beats all logic

With the sun close to setting for the 2015 fiscal year and visa number and the stark reminder of PD's retrograding, USCIS is not seemingly following any form of processing logic.

Hence all those waiting and with just 8 business days left, please go online and file service request, at least this will make the officers pull your files out of a "stockpile". I suppose, for the officers they are just a pile of documents, but for us, it is a pile that has our aspirations, desires, emotions and future tied to them.

USCIS - Beats all logic!...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2015, 10:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
vasu009 is on a distinguished road
Default opened an SR and got the following reply

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
P. O. BOX 851488 - DEPT. A
TEXAS SERVICE CENTER
MESQUITE,TX 75185

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Friday, September 18, 2015

Emailed to xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx:

On 09/09/2015 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time

was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 07/02/2007

Receipt #:
-- LIN-xx-xx-xxxx

Referral ID:
SRxxxxxxxxxxxNSC
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- xxxxxxxxx

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. Our records indicate that the underlying petition for this Form I-485

is Form I-140, LIN-xx-xx-xxxxx. This is an employment-based third-preference petition with a priority date of December 16, 2004. There is a visa

available for your application. It is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 60 days.

What You Can Do
Please see the "Online Services" below to check the status of your case in the future.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

XM0275

Does this mean a visa has been assigned? or does it mean its available as of today and if the case is not adjudicated by september 30th we will lose the Visa
Regards
Sri

Old 09-19-2015, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unlucky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suva View Post
You can check this tracker below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

http://www.t r a c k i t t.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/1571206957/eb3-india-post-rfes-for-future-priority-dat/page/last_page

Thanks

We have replied rfe on 8/4 and us is received it on 8/5 as per case status page. Nothing as of now. I wish they processed FIFO. But who knows what order they follow.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default After Green Card

What happen to H1B Visa after green card, Is it cancelled automatically or Employer have to file a H1B withdrawal with USCIS ??

Anyone knows ??

Old 09-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky View Post
We have replied rfe on 8/4 and us is received it on 8/5 as per case status page. Nothing as of now. I wish they processed FIFO. But who knows what order they follow.
Its been discussed several times.... No freaking order.. no logic... nothing...
Its just random pick.. and your luck!

Old 09-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
vasu009 is on a distinguished road
Default Visa numbers depleted for september 2015 as per Murthy Web site

NewsFlash! EB Visa Numbers Depleted for Fiscal Year 2015

September 24, 2015

The USCIS announced that, as of September 24, 2015, they must briefly suspend final action on pending employment-based (EB) form I-485 applications. The reason for this development is that the EB visa numbers for Fiscal Year 2015 (FY15) have been depleted. This is a very temporary matter, as FY15 ends on September 30, 2015.

The lack of visa numbers does not affect the ability to file I-485 cases during the remainder of September 2015. It is simply the normal result of reaching the end of the fiscal year and utilizing the annual allocation of visa numbers for FY15 shortly prior to the start of FY16 on October 1, 2015.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

I have received a text message last week saying that "Your case XXXX is now updated. Check 'My Case Status' at Homepage | USCIS', but no email and no update on the site.

Today (09/24/2015), again got the same message and no email. But, this time I see the update in the website, which says "On September 24, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number XXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us".

PD: 17th May 2004.
1st RFE Date: 7/10/2015
1st RFE Rcvd Date: 08/03/2015
2nd RFE Date: 08/20/2015
2nd RFE Rcvd Date: 08/31/2015

Hope this is it.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu009 View Post
NewsFlash! EB Visa Numbers Depleted for Fiscal Year 2015

September 24, 2015

The USCIS announced that, as of September 24, 2015, they must briefly suspend final action on pending employment-based (EB) form I-485 applications. The reason for this development is that the EB visa numbers for Fiscal Year 2015 (FY15) have been depleted. This is a very temporary matter, as FY15 ends on September 30, 2015.

The lack of visa numbers does not affect the ability to file I-485 cases during the remainder of September 2015. It is simply the normal result of reaching the end of the fiscal year and utilizing the annual allocation of visa numbers for FY15 shortly prior to the start of FY16 on October 1, 2015.
Yes, buddy.. All are doomed.

Another year or so wait.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

I only hope not a single visa is wasted this year.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute srinivas_o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Response to my service request

This is the response I got for the service request opened for I-485

Our system indicates that your case is currently under extended review and this has caused a delay in processing time. We do not require any actions from you this time.

Any body know what extended review means?
I-485 : Applied on Jul 2 2007 (TSC)
Changed Employer after 9 months of applying I-485
(AC21 not filed)
Changed address and informed USCIS online and updated the pending I-485 application

Contributed $25 for HIGH Five Drive (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=20183)

Old 09-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas_o View Post
This is the response I got for the service request opened for I-485

Our system indicates that your case is currently under extended review and this has caused a delay in processing time. We do not require any actions from you this time.

Any body know what extended review means?
It could mean anything from Bio metrics check to name/background check. There is slight chance that they might issue 2nd RFE too. Not to scare you. But this is what I have seen from other forums.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:54 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
arumoy is on a distinguished road

In comparison with August VB, EB3 India cut-off date in September 2015 moved about 6+ months to 12/22/2004. Clearly they did not have enough visas to assign to each case they issued RFEs to. What I fail to understand is, why despite not having enough visas to cover all pending applications through 12/22/2015, USCIS extended cut-off date till then.

Roughly assuming half of people who received RFEs with priority date till 12/22 will have visas for their cases, about 6500 applicants are left hanging by today's announcement. I am sure my estimate can be refined, but intent here is to express magnitude of the impact. If that no. is somewhat correct, could take us several years to clear the 6500 cases unless spill-over from other categories to EB3 happens. No more love for US Immigration.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by arumoy View Post
In comparison with August VB, EB3 India cut-off date in September 2015 moved about 6+ months to 12/22/2004. Clearly they did not have enough visas to assign to each case they issued RFEs to. What I fail to understand is, why despite not having enough visas to cover all pending applications through 12/22/2015, USCIS extended cut-off date till then.

Roughly assuming half of people who received RFEs with priority date till 12/22 will have visas for their cases, about 6500 applicants are left hanging by today's announcement. I am sure my estimate can be refined, but intent here is to express magnitude of the impact. If that no. is somewhat correct, could take us several years to clear the 6500 cases unless spill-over from other categories to EB3 happens. No more love for US Immigration.

I know its painful. But I can digest it.

However, what I couldn't digest is that, their approval is soooo random. They approved a lot of cases in Oct/Nov/Dec, but left so many from June/Jul/Aug hanging for no reason. They approved cases where response was received after Sep 4th in just a few days, where was people who responded much earlier and quicker, are still waiting... This is so frustrating..

Old 09-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
arumoy is on a distinguished road

There is only one remedy to it. Go home guys and just take it off your mind. As we all know, nothing now is surprising and the sad part is, none are held accountable for their mistakes at USCIS. The silver lining is possibly your cases are now further straightened as part of their so called adjudication process, so just consider the recent phase as your pre-work for your receiving your cards in a few months to hopefully less than a year. Who knows there may be another round of RFEs waiting for this further delayed group. In any case, thoughts and clouds in your mind will not change that. Get some exercise, and spend time with your loved ones, that scotch bottle might come handy tonight, but remember you still have another work day remaining this week. Unless you are willing to call in to the office tomorrow morning declaring you are unwell. Doesn't hurt if you do.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.