Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Eb3- I485 RFE (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/3096240-eb3-i485-rfe.html)

hariswaminathan 07-09-2015 10:31 PM

received email today

My PD is May 2004. So i received RFE email for my spouse and I.
Haven't received the mail version yet so not sure what it is asking for.

Can someone who has received both Employment and Medical verification please explain what exactly needs to be done / submitted?
I have never filed AC21. Changed jobs twice since my petitioner employment on EAD.

Thank you

asaxena 07-10-2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hariswaminathan (Post 3588268)
My PD is May 2004. So i received RFE email for my spouse and I.
Haven't received the mail version yet so not sure what it is asking for.

Can someone who has received both Employment and Medical verification please explain what exactly needs to be done / submitted?
I have never filed AC21. Changed jobs twice since my petitioner employment on EAD.

Thank you

------------

RFEs are getting issued from both TSC and NSC ,for EB 3 India applicants ,upto October -November 2004 PRIORITY Dates.It has become a pattern.On more than 100 cases can be found. Since ,medicals expire within 1 year, looks like dates are gong to move.

asaxena 07-10-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puding (Post 3588267)
Just received text messages about RFE's for me & my wife. My PD October 8 2004. Filed AOS in August 2007 and on EAD since then. Changed employer in 2009 and filed AC21 in 2010 since original employer revoked I-140.

Not sure if this RFE means dates may be moving or just a routine check. Will post details once I receive actual RFE.

-------------------------------------------------------------
RFEs are getting issued from both TSC and NSC ,for EB 3 India applicants ,upto October -November 2004 PRIORITY Dates.It has become a pattern.On more than 100 cases can be found. Since ,medicals expire within 1 year, looks like dates are gong to move.

hariswaminathan 07-10-2015 09:39 AM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaxena (Post 3588271)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. I was still looking for more details from someone who has re-done medical or employment eval. It was quite a long while back so i don't remember what paperwork i needed to prepare for medical etc. Do you know the process?

gamin786 07-10-2015 11:24 AM

Visa Bulletin

I received an RFE email. Mostly wont receive the actual rfe since I didn't file for a change of address. My attorney should receive it though. I doubt he will see me before Monday. I was wondering weather the new visa bulletin will be released today or have to wait until Monday for that too.

Lol, our lives without GC is nothing but a looooong wait.

am99 07-10-2015 04:41 PM

Got RFE in email

My PD is: May 24, 2004. Just saw RFE in my Inbox - no details.

Also, No REF for spouse, Case status Last updated: 08/27/2014

Here's part of the email -
-----------------------------
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On July 10, 2015, we suspended processing of your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number SRC080******, because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume working on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for additional evidence notice by August 9, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. ....
-----------------------------

vivmit 07-10-2015 05:34 PM

Hi Silverline,
My PD is Apr 2004. I haven't received any RFE either. As per the August Visa Bulletin, our PD is now current.

Silverline 07-10-2015 10:27 PM

Hi
I have not received any RFE yet, My PD is also April 2004

Hopefully we will receive it in next couple of days

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivmit (Post 3588290)
Hi Silverline,
My PD is Apr 2004. I haven't received any RFE either. As per the August Visa Bulletin, our PD is now current.

Vsach 07-11-2015 04:48 PM

Details Please...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dba9ioracle (Post 3588263)
I got RFE today and it is in the mail. I am EB3 India and my priority date is in March 2004. I am expecting to receive the RFE notice sometime next week via mail. I have changed the employer in 2009 and did not file AC21 so they may be asking documentation. Also, I may need to go for Medical again as last one was done in 2007.

Hi

Please share what all did they want in the RFE.

Appreciate!

ravievg 07-12-2015 12:51 AM

485 rfe

Hello Guys....

I have received RFE Email on June 26th and received the physical letter on july 6th for myself and my wife for EB3 485. RFE is for Medical and EVL....Unfortunately I have missed the priority date by just 1 day as the current priority date in EB3 is June 1st 2004 and mine is Jun 2nd 2004.

At the same time i did my EB3 to EB2 porting 2 years back and finally my PERM Audit got approved and I am about to apply the I-140 in premium.....Any predictions for Sept Bulletin for EB3 ? Shall i wait for next month bulletin or go towards EB2 route? What if they retrogress again to Feb 2004? As per the USCIS latest pending inventory there are at least 3000 cases ahead of me in EB3...also i am not quite sure that the inventory is up-to-date....

Appreciate all your replies...My EB3 PERM is a substitution labor and also my ex-employer revoked my I-140 after the 485 pending more than 180 days...If there is any amount of risk i dont mind waiting for few more months on EB3 route as i already waited 10 Years..

Vsach 07-12-2015 05:21 PM

Details

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravievg (Post 3588309)
Hello Guys....

I have received RFE Email on June 26th and received the physical letter on july 6th for myself and my wife for EB3 485. RFE is for Medical and EVL....Unfortunately I have missed the priority date by just 1 day as the current priority date in EB3 is June 1st 2004 and mine is Jun 2nd 2004.

At the same time i did my EB3 to EB2 porting 2 years back and finally my PERM Audit got approved and I am about to apply the I-140 in premium.....Any predictions for Sept Bulletin for EB3 ? Shall i wait for next month bulletin or go towards EB2 route? What if they retrogress again to Feb 2004? As per the USCIS latest pending inventory there are at least 3000 cases ahead of me in EB3...also i am not quite sure that the inventory is up-to-date....

Appreciate all your replies...My EB3 PERM is a substitution labor and also my ex-employer revoked my I-140 after the 485 pending more than 180 days...If there is any amount of risk i dont mind waiting for few more months on EB3 route as i already waited 10 Years..

Have they asked for biometrics too? Could you please share what are they looking for EVL?

Thanks!

spicy_guy 07-13-2015 12:05 PM

I got physical RFEs. They asked for Medical and Employment verifications.

Now my turn to ask questions.

- I changed the job from my original employer to a consulting company. Been working with them for 2 years. I did not apply for AC21. Again, I am changing the consulting company next week. This is a small consulting co. Do I foresee any problems? What should I submit to USCIS?

- I am no longer working with the Lawyer who filed my GC. Is it better to go back to him and continue or I can deal with it myself?

- Should I file AC21 at this point?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks folks!

gccovet 07-13-2015 02:50 PM

Spicy_Guy,
I am in a very similar situation like you. Just talked with my lawyer who had filed my GC process. I moved to other company few years back, did not file AC-21 .

I called them today and found out they don't have my case with them at all :-( and they do not have my file (Paper work ) with them at all. Unfortunately, on G28 they are still listed as my lawyers, they were paid in full 11 years back for the GC process.

To answer your question, if you have confidence on your lawyers, go for them. If they are shitty, you may want to go for new lawyers, heck, at this point, shelling few of hundreds of dollars should't be a question (At least for me, I am not going to miss this boat).

For AC-21 go with what your lawyer says, I talked with my lawyer just few minutes back (old lawyers) if your new position is different, they will want to file it (an might charge you extra fees for that).

Talk with a lawyer, you don't want to take any chances.

For me, I am going to continue with my old lawyers as of now.

For Medical, I am guessing you are July 07 filers, if so, if you have the copies of your 07 medical, you might save some money if you go to the same doctor.

I would be making sure the RFE be answered before end of July. I am hoping we all see the "Said" light now. Its been high time!

Good luck to us all.

GCCovet

spicy_guy 07-13-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gccovet (Post 3588345)
Spicy_Guy,
I am in a very similar situation like you. Just talked with my lawyer who had filed my GC process. I moved to other company few years back, did not file AC-21 .

I called them today and found out they don't have my case with them at all :-( and they do not have my file (Paper work ) with them at all. Unfortunately, on G28 they are still listed as my lawyers, they were paid in full 11 years back for the GC process.

To answer your question, if you have confidence on your lawyers, go for them. If they are shitty, you may want to go for new lawyers, heck, at this point, shelling few of hundreds of dollars should't be a question (At least for me, I am not going to miss this boat).

For AC-21 go with what your lawyer says, I talked with my lawyer just few minutes back (old lawyers) if your new position is different, they will want to file it (an might charge you extra fees for that).

Talk with a lawyer, you don't want to take any chances.

For me, I am going to continue with my old lawyers as of now.

For Medical, I am guessing you are July 07 filers, if so, if you have the copies of your 07 medical, you might save some money if you go to the same doctor.

I would be making sure the RFE be answered before end of July. I am hoping we all see the "Said" light now. Its been high time!

Good luck to us all.

GCCovet

I am worried about this consulting arrangement (being a consultant, non regular/full time). I read in many places that it is fine. However, I need to know from first-hand experience and more insight.

gccovet 07-13-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicy_guy (Post 3588348)
I am worried about this consulting arrangement (being a consultant, non regular/full time). I read in many places that it is fine. However, I need to know from first-hand experience and more insight.

I guess, if you can manage to get an EVL from existing employer saying you are a FTE consultant with some skills as mentioned in your original LC, it should be okay. Lawyer's words should be heeded though.
-G