Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Eb3- I485 RFE (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/3096240-eb3-i485-rfe.html)

srinivas_o 07-13-2015 06:36 PM

Still no RFE for me

My PD is Sep 2004, still no RFE.
Do you guys use any particular format for EVL?

I have also changed employer, but did not file any AC21.

puding 07-13-2015 06:59 PM

Received RFE letters in mail today. Below are the details

For myself:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form
3. Employment verification

For spouse:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form
3. Continuous legal status in US since 2007 such as I-94/EAD etc

I changed employment in 2009 and filed AC21 in 2010 since original employer revoked I140 and got an RFE that time. Since then working with same company as full time employee. However, my company got acquired by another big firm (was a subsidiary of this big financial firm earlier). During 2010 in my RFE, I submitted new employment offer showing similar job responsibilities as filed in labor. I guess now I had to go thru this exercise one more time.

Also, RFE says I have time thru October 2nd week to reply.

hariswaminathan 07-13-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puding (Post 3588359)
Received RFE letters in mail today. Below are the details

For myself:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form

For spouse:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form
3. Continuous legal status in US since 2007 such as I-94/EAD etc

I changed employment in 2009 and filed AC21 in 2010 since original employer revoked I140 and got an RFE that time. Since then working with same company as full time employee. However, my company got acquired by another big firm (was a subsidiary of this big financial firm earlier). During 2010 in my RFE, I submitted new employment offer showing similar job responsibilities as filed in labor. I guess now I had to go thru this exercise one more time.

Also, RFE says I have time thru October 2nd week to reply.

I got pretty much the same request. Per my lawyer my spouse got the weirdest RFE he has seen yet - there was no request for anything - just a cover note!

tsnaresh 07-14-2015 09:23 AM

RFE in mail

I have received RFE in mail yesterday, here are the details:

For myself:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form

For spouse:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form

Thank you

gccovet 07-14-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsnaresh (Post 3588370)

For myself:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form

For spouse:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form

Thank you

Any idea on how and where G325 Biometric is to be done? Do we have to initiate G325 Biometric appointment by ourselves or do USCIS /Lawyer schedule it?

GCCovet

spicy_guy 07-14-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicy_guy (Post 3588341)
I got physical RFEs. They asked for Medical and Employment verifications.

Now my turn to ask questions.

- I changed the job from my original employer to a consulting company. Been working with them for 2 years. I did not apply for AC21. Again, I am changing the consulting company next week. This is a small consulting co. Do I foresee any problems? What should I submit to USCIS?

- I am no longer working with the Lawyer who filed my GC. Is it better to go back to him and continue or I can deal with it myself?

- Should I file AC21 at this point?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks folks!

Just checking if anyone has any experience in this...

tsnaresh 07-14-2015 12:32 PM

biographic -G-325A

Sorry, they requested biographic information sheet and not biometric. The form can be downloaded from uscis website - http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...orm/g-325a.pdf.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you

gamin786 07-14-2015 02:25 PM

Employment verification

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsnaresh (Post 3588370)

For myself:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form

For spouse:
1. Medicals
2. G325 Biometric form

Thank you

Can someone type the exact wordings in their RFE about the employment verification. I read somewhere that they need an employment verification letter which states that an employer is willing to hire you after your green card at a certain pay grade. Either that or they are asking for Current Employment verification.

Also, G325 is not biometric, it is a biographic information form, very simply asking your where abouts in the past 5 yrs and your current address.

My case, I stopped working for my employer in 2011 and haven't worked for anybody since then. Started a business with my wife in 2007 since she got her EAD. Kept working for my employer until 2011. So, if they ask for continuous employment then I am pretty much screwed.

Anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

dba9ioracle 07-14-2015 04:34 PM

Lawyer fees

Can you guys please share if you are planning to file the RFE response by yourselves or asking your Lawyer to do it? How much lawyers charge for this type of work?

hariswaminathan 07-14-2015 05:12 PM

Do it yourself if you can

Quote:

Originally Posted by dba9ioracle (Post 3588399)
Can you guys please share if you are planning to file the RFE response by yourselves or asking your Lawyer to do it? How much lawyers charge for this type of work?

Originally planning to respond myself. The forms are pretty easy - Medical and Bio are self explanatory. The EVL letter is pretty straight forward as well.
Since my Lawyer received the original RFE, he just asked me to forward all of the documentation to him.

You dont need a lawyer for usual RFE stuff that people are getting.

gamin786 07-14-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dba9ioracle (Post 3588399)

that would be definitely something for my lawyer to do. It should be covered under my original filing fee $4800, so he shouldn't ask for more but even if he does, it would be completely worth to pay since the case is so old.

I think an additional $1200-$1500 should do it

Vsach 07-14-2015 11:15 PM

Called USCIS

Hi All,

Like you I also received a email last Saturday, July 11. I called USCIS and spoke to the officer to explain the contents of the RFE, as per him need Medical and Copy of the EAD, didn't mention EVL or Biometrics.

Did someone else encounter similar to the above?

Thanks

spicy_guy 07-14-2015 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vsach (Post 3588406)
Hi All,

Like you I also received a email last Saturday, July 11. I called USCIS and spoke to the officer to explain the contents of the RFE, as per him need Medical and Copy of the EAD, didn't mention EVL or Biometrics.

Thanks

It is most likely EVL. In general, they do not need your EAD.

gamin786 07-15-2015 12:36 AM

Quote:

Hi All,

Thanks

Can someone who actually got the physical rfe, type the contents of the rfe here word to word so we can discuss here what exactly do they need and how to provide it. Different people are saying different things about EVL. Are they verifying the current employment or trying to figure out if we have job availability after the green card.

Any one who has received physical Rfe please type it up here. I would really appreciate it.

PKV4voice 07-15-2015 01:01 AM

Quote:

Hi All,

Thanks

Hi Vsach,

Your priority date is Feb '05? I have seen postings regarding RFE for priority date till Oct '04, but it seems RFE are being issued till Feb '05(?). Can you please confirm?

Thanks.