Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Fingerprinting during 485 stage (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/)
-   -   Eb3- I485 RFE (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum75-fingerprinting-during-485-stage/3096240-eb3-i485-rfe.html)

hariswaminathan 07-20-2015 03:58 PM

In addition....

Quote:

Originally Posted by hariswaminathan (Post 3588718)
From what i have gathered on the net, USCIS will be "rational" in their decision making and will look up several factors to make their decision on "same or similar"

1. Job Title is the least of their concerns as this may be different. (e.g. program Director and Project Manager may be similar roles)
2. Description of Job duties needs to be similar roles and responsibilities and within the same Field. (e.g. IT to IT).
3. Salary needs to be within range. I would consider 50K different to be out of range and a red flag if your roles and responsibilities are not very similar (Yes i know its draconian laws that don't allow people to earn more but they consider this as being a truly big change in jobs.

4. to Add, If you happen to have a variable component to your 50K increase, I would request your new employer to only quote the Base salary and see if its in line with your original Job for pay range.

rdoib 07-20-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hariswaminathan (Post 3588719)
4. to Add, If you happen to have a variable component to your 50K increase, I would request your new employer to only quote the Base salary and see if its in line with your original Job for pay range.

You can google it Higher salary is never a problem. Make sure your role and responsibilities match. it has been around 8 years it is reasonable to make more money.

mudigondag 07-20-2015 09:40 PM

1485 rfe

Received RFEs for me and my dependents.
It asks for
1) Current Employment Letter
2) Maintenance of Status like EADs or I-797
3) Medicals I-693

NO Finger printing.
PD: 9/1/2004

Silverline 07-20-2015 10:53 PM

Received RFE in mail

I received RFE in mail today
Primary
I-693
325A
EVL

Dependent
325A and I-693

rsbijay4gc 07-21-2015 02:18 PM

RFE for EB3

Guys,
I have seen everybody getting RFE for EB3 for PD June and July etc.
My PD is June 17 2004
Received RFE last week for EVL and Medical. I am getting my documents ready and will be submitting by end of next week.
I am curious , If anybody have replied to the RFE's who's PD is current ? and did anybody got there I485 approved ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

dipdowndust 07-21-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hariswaminathan (Post 3588719)

Has anybody seen any issue with salary increase while status adjustment ? Is there any written law from USCIS to decide whether your salary is in a particular range compared to when GC was filed ? I dont think so because I brought up these points when I wanted to file for EB2 about 5 yrs back with my employer who is a big corp and lawyer there said that you can be VP of your department and we are still not required to file for EB2 as my 485 was filed and it gives enough flexibility to work on whatever position you want BUT in same field.

If there is so much flexibility then how can pay not go up by 50K or 100K , I mean if I am a VP then obviously I cant be making same as when I filed my GC. Also, if VPs are hired at 2004 salary + 50K of a programmer/analyst or whatever entry level position for IT is then I would think everybody would be lining up to hire us. We can add couple millions in profit right on the very first day :) :) :)

Vsach 07-22-2015 03:26 PM

Card Production Ordered?

Hi All,

I have to respond to the RFE received last week and just now received a email:

Your Case Status: Card/Document Production:confused:

What does it mean???

rsbijay4gc 07-22-2015 04:03 PM

Lucky you.
Your Green Card is approved.
What was your PD ?
let me know please ?

asaxena 07-22-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vsach (Post 3588764)
Hi All,

What does it mean???

-------------------------------------------------------

What is your priority date ?

gc_rip 07-22-2015 06:41 PM

May be your PD is Feb-04 and not Feb-05.

Quote:

Hi All,

What does it mean???

rsnaik75 07-23-2015 10:13 AM

Medical RFE on I-485 but name changed. Urgent Need advise.

EB3 India. PD April 2004

When i-485 was applied my wife had her maiden name (Before marriage). In 2009 when passport was renewed, her last name got changed.

AP & EAD have the changed names that were renewed twice.

On the medical REF they have her maiden name.

I am not sure in what name should doctors give the medical form.

Any guidance is appreciated.

s416504 07-23-2015 11:23 AM

Look like you are greened very soon..

Can I request you to correct your priority date in your profile?
It is confusing to everyone. You says PD OCT-04 but profile shows FAB-05.
Atleast put it in your signature.

Quote:

Hi All,

What does it mean???

vidbob 07-24-2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Hi All,

What does it mean???

It happened to Me too, I just responded to my Medical RFE, (2 June 2015) and as soon as the Service center received the document, there was a status change in my case indicating, Card production. A week later the case status changed to Document review. THe status now shows:
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
On June 2, 2015, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number **********. Our Texas Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to Change of Address Information | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.
All the best
SV

spicy_guy 07-24-2015 11:34 AM

Thoughts?

Folks,

Does anyone have any idea on replying to EVL as a consultant paid by hour by a small consulting company?

Any issues with this?

Thanks

Vsach 07-24-2015 02:45 PM

Card Production?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidbob (Post 3588809)
It happened to Me too, I just responded to my Medical RFE, (2 June 2015) and as soon as the Service center received the document, there was a status change in my case indicating, Card production. A week later the case status changed to Document review. THe status now shows:
Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
On June 2, 2015, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number **********. Our Texas Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. If you move, go to Change of Address Information | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.
All the best
SV

What does Card production mean it mean?