Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
golmalreturn is on a distinguished road
Default Travelling on AP to Canada by Car

Hello,

I am Dec 02/EB3/India candidate. Currently using EAD/AP to work. No H1b visa.

My current project SAP PI implementation requires me to travel to London / Ontario, Canada, on a weekly basis. This is going to be for few months at least. Employer is in US, major work place will be US, still working with original employer who filed GC; even residence is in US.

Has anyone travel more than once on AP?
Is that ok or there are risk factors?
Has anyone traveled on AP using car by road? How is experience compared to enter via airport?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
theMan is a jewel in the rough theMan is a jewel in the rough theMan is a jewel in the rough

No issues on both fronts as long as you have adhered to the terms and conditions while obtaining the Canadian Visa. I had similar circumstances in the recent past.
A factor to consider is the unpredictable time spent at the secondary inspection when returning. I am not sure how that will work when you drive across the border.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute

While driving back , at POE the process is simple. Always show your AP before passport and they will let you in. Never show the passport before the AP.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

May I ask Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
While driving back , at POE the process is simple. Always show your AP before passport and they will let you in. Never show the passport before the AP.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute axp817 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
I too would like to know why.