Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute gotgc? has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long is AP renewal taking these days?

Hi,

I have applied for my wife's AP with NSC today and She needs to travel on April 3rd. I wanted to know how long does it take these days for approval?

Also, if she does not get the AP by April 3rd she would be travelling anyway. Because, I can mail her the AP once we receive even after her departure as I am going to be here in US. My question is if she travels out of the country before the approval, would USCIS know about it and would it affect her application? And if it does not come at all, can she apply for H4 stamping in India and come back on it? Please let me know guys.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute vishwak has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm also waiting for AP

Which center did you sent out documents to?

I saw in other threads that some people who aplied for AP in Dec got approval on 30th Jan. So I believe you should be getting it soon.

I also applied for AP and waiting for approval, I believe I should get it in anytime between 1-2 months.

I asked same Question, whether I can travel outside after applying or after getting receipt and come back after approval. Many attorneys say its not good practise and insisted me staying in US untill I get AP Approval.

If there is no other go, I believe your wife can get H4 stamping and come back, unless she has EAD and want to start working after she comes back (Not sure if that will be an issues).

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...nd-travel.html (Advance Parole Expiry and Travel)

Thanks,
Vishwa.....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote