Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default applying for AP from out of country

I have an AP valid till Feb end. However right now am in India and wish to stay back even after the AP expiry. In this scenario is it good to apply for renewal AP from India or is it advisable to return back to US and then apply for AP?

Does any one provide how much time it takes for the renewal if I apply for AP from India. Do I need to give the India address for delivery? I have some one in US who can recieve the AP by mail and can send it by post to India. Is this an advisable?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras View Post
I have an AP valid till Feb end. However right now am in India and wish to stay back even after the AP expiry. In this scenario is it good to apply for renewal AP from India or is it advisable to return back to US and then apply for AP?

Does any one provide how much time it takes for the renewal if I apply for AP from India. Do I need to give the India address for delivery? I have some one in US who can recieve the AP by mail and can send it by post to India. Is this an advisable?
I am not sure you can apply for AP from outside US under normal circumstances.. You need to present in the country at the time of the approval of the AP. If you are outside US and still have a valid AP.. i think you might need to enter the country and apply for fresh AP and then travel back.. that's my understanding..

refer to this link

Advance Parole - Travel document after filing adjustment of status

Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

You must be physically present in US, when you apply for Advance Parole. Check with an Attorney
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-131instr.pdf

See Page 2, First Paragaraph.

Last edited by gc_check; 02-03-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light

I have valid AP till march 12th. I applied for renewal and no news yet. Is it ok to leave the country and reenter with new AP once approved.( my husband can post me once approved)

Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Nagireddi is on a distinguished road
Default Advance Parole-Basic rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras View Post

You should be present physically in USA to apply for advance parole.You have to leave and reenter with the same Advance parole.Somebody can send you the new renewed Advance parole by mail to India.But you can't use it to reenter with that. Basically you have to be present physically to apply and to to receive the the renewed new Advance parole in USA.Hope this helps.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light sunny26 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you