Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold
Default Travel on AP to non-home country

My H-1 is expiring in and I am transferring to EAD. I haven't used my AP yet but will need to do so on my next travel.

My home country is India. I may be travelling on work to UK and Dubai in the next few months and will have to use my AP on my way back.

Question: Have any of you travelled on AP to non-home countries for work or vacation? Is the experience straightforward?

Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Poe

As i read in few other threads, some of POE officers may ask you about your trip and could tell you that you may be deported for misusing AP..They may mention that AP should be used only for emergency puposes like funerals etc... as of now 90% of people didn't face any issues at POE but 10% faced fewer problems with the officers..i would advice not to go non-home country... shall post the thread which had lot of messages...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold
Default check the thread

check the below thread for more details:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15708 (My experience with travel on AP)

Old 02-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold Bpositive is a splendid one to behold
Default Any specific issues while travelling to non-home country

Thanks. Appreciate the response.

I am trying to differentiate between problems (if any) with AP while traveling to home country or traveling to non-home country. I have read the threads about additional questions on AP as such while traveling to home country. I have also read threads (a little older) which say it has not been a problem.

I was wondering if anyone can actually share personal experiences (not hearsay) of traveling on work to non-home country in the last few months.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-00
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Compare
dvb is on a distinguished road

I traveled to Japan (home country: India) on business using my AP, with absolutely no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpositive View Post
My H-1 is expiring in and I am transferring to EAD. I haven't used my AP yet but will need to do so on my next travel.

My home country is India. I may be travelling on work to UK and Dubai in the next few months and will have to use my AP on my way back.

Question: Have any of you travelled on AP to non-home countries for work or vacation? Is the experience straightforward?

Old 02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvb View Post
I traveled to Japan (home country: India) on business using my AP, with absolutely no problems.
Thanks. When did you travel?

Old 02-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-00
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Compare
dvb is on a distinguished road

I traveled in Dec 2007. I had applied for 485, EAD and AP in June 2007.

Quote:
Thanks. When did you travel?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/13/2006
Chargeability
:
Ethiopia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
dacooldude can only hope to improve

Quote:

I am travelling to mumbai via Dubai and plan to be there for 72 hrs(will get a transit visa).Do u see a problem with this travel. I have a expired h1 but have a valid AP and a h1 extension.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future

Quote:

AP is used to re-enter the United states. It does not have a restriction from where you fly back to US. So, no problem with re-entering from non-home country.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
USDream2Dust will become famous soon enough
Wink Check this Thread

I reentered from australia and india being my home country. I was on pleasure vacation and no questions asked.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17529 (AP Experience on Feb 22nd)