Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
macml will become famous soon enough
Default Green Card just approved and now...

Green Card just approved ( according to USCIS website) and I'm curious while we are waiting about 60 or so days to receive more information, is travel outside of the country possible? Or would you still need the AP travel documents.. (Which we don't have b/c Officer still has it) Links to info would be great too!

thanks for any suggestions..
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light gveerab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by macml View Post
Green Card just approved ( according to USCIS website) and I'm curious while we are waiting about 60 or so days to receive more information, is travel outside of the country possible? Or would you still need the AP travel documents.. (Which we don't have b/c Officer still has it) Links to info would be great too!

can you please provide more details? PD, EB2 or EB3, service center and country etc. Sorry not able to answer your questions,I am still waiting for my GC. So, I didn't have enough info to answer your questions.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future

Quote:

If you have to travel before your GC arrives, take info pass and ask for I551 stamp (stamp showing you are a GC holder.) That is the safest way to go. It usually does not take longer than 3 weeks from the approval email to get your GC.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice

I know they say "within 60 days" in the welcome email, but in most cases you will get the card within a week. In my case, the welcome email was received on 04/10/08 and I received the card in the mail yesterday (04/16/08).

Make sure you open all your mail. The card arrives in a very plain looking envelope and looks more like one of those credit card invitations.

Contgratulations man!!!

Quote:

Old 04-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
macml will become famous soon enough

Lasantha, Congrads on receiving your GC!

Thanks to all on your advice. According to the USCIS website, the GC is in production as of yesterday 4-16-08.. Hopefully I will receive the card within a week or so like many of you..

Glus, what are you referring to when you say info pass? And how would I go about getting a stamp I551?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

I don't think macml wants to provide any details. He has listed United States as a country of nationality in his profile yet he has applied for a greencard.

There is nothing wrong, however, with not sharing information. It's a matter of personal choice. Congratulations macml.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveerab View Post
can you please provide more details? PD, EB2 or EB3, service center and country etc. Sorry not able to answer your questions,I am still waiting for my GC. So, I didn't have enough info to answer your questions.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream View Post
I don't think macml wants to provide any details. He has listed United States as a country of nationality in his profile yet he has applied for a greencard.

There is nothing wrong, however, with not sharing information. It's a matter of personal choice. Congratulations macml.
if you see his older posts you'll see that he has always claimed being a US citizen, and the 485 is for his wife. (family case, not employment)

Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

I didn't know that. My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
if you see his older posts you'll see that he has always claimed being a US citizen, and the 485 is for his wife. (family case, not employment)

Closed Thread