Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough
Default Transit Visa to Germany for AP users...Any new requirement???

I know that for people traveling with Advance Parole doesn't require Transit Visa to Germany. I myself traveled through Frankfurt this January. I also checked the German Consulate websites of Chennai and US. My wife and son are coming back from Hyderabad to Dallas sometime in April. We usually take Lufthansa due to single stop and ease of Dallas POE. However when I called my travel agent yesterday, he said that my wife needs a transit visa to be able to take Lufthansa even though she has AP. As always he was not 100% sure about it. I don't want to have another head ache apart from all the horror stories regarding issues at the POE.

Do any of you know of any such new requirement ? Anyone traveled through Frankfurt recently using AP.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Default they are ok

PPL who are are holding a valid visa or other residence permit for the USA (this includes advance paroles, but not approval notices), Canada or Switzerland and travel to the country which issued that visa or residence permit.
Go to the German consulate link below,ask them to take this printout while traveling back to US.

http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/u...ist__Visa.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskris View Post
I know that for people traveling with Advance Parole doesn't require Transit Visa to Germany. I myself traveled through Frankfurt this January. I also checked the German Consulate websites of Chennai and US. My wife and son are coming back from Hyderabad to Dallas sometime in April. We usually take Lufthansa due to single stop and ease of Dallas POE. However when I called my travel agent yesterday, he said that my wife needs a transit visa to be able to take Lufthansa even though she has AP. As always he was not 100% sure about it. I don't want to have another head ache apart from all the horror stories regarding issues at the POE.

Do any of you know of any such new requirement ? Anyone traveled through Frankfurt recently using AP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 03-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future

I wife recently travelled throught Franfurt. If you have AP - transit VISA is not required. I called the Houston German Consulate before she travelled. They said it is not required if she has AP. You can call them and check with them again

Old 03-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
cdeneo can only hope to improve

Just curious - is the transit visa required thru Germany (Frankfurt) if traveling on a visitors/tourist/B1-visa to the USA?

Last summer that was not the case - has anything changed?

Old 03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough

Can you tell me around what date she traveled. I just want to make sure that nothing has been changed recently.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeneo View Post
Just curious - is the transit visa required thru Germany (Frankfurt) if traveling on a visitors/tourist/B1-visa to the USA?

Last summer that was not the case - has anything changed?
If you have a valid US visa stamped in your passport, you don't need a Transit Visa to Germany.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
illiguy2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Transit visa not needed

kriskris,
I have a GC and my wife is on AP with her H-4 visa expired.
our port of entry is Chicago March 20th. Officer asked if we have
more AP on hand ( we were carrying 2 as sent by USCIS) and mentioned
to make a photocopy and keep with us for next trip before expiry.
Make sure you have your family make a photocopy if they have only
one AP.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
anai is a splendid one to behold anai is a splendid one to behold anai is a splendid one to behold anai is a splendid one to behold anai is a splendid one to behold anai is a splendid one to behold anai is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskris View Post

We flew Lufthansa via Frankfurt recently on AP; no need for transit visa. Trip was in early March 09.