Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
renjuzone is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Advance Parole - Chennai to Chicago Via Abu Dhabi - Etihad

I plan to travel from Chennai to Chicago via Abudhabi by Etihad airways. I have a valid US advance parole for adjustment of status document which is a valid US re-entry document. I do NOT have a valid stamped US visa or a greencard.

a) Do I need a transit visa in AbuDhabi if his stopover in abudhabi is less than 6 hours.
b) Will I have any issues either in Chennai or Abudhabi with Etihad Airways not accepting my advance parole document for entry to chicago?

While most people dont seem to have an issue with this, I heard of one person where the officers in Chennai did not know/recognize the advance Parole document. Has this happened to anyone else? What have your experiences been on this? Please reply as soon as possible if you have travelled to the US from India over the last year via AbuDhabi. Thank you so much!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 391
Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts
Default No Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjuzone View Post
I plan to travel from Chennai to Chicago via Abudhabi by Etihad airways. I have a valid US advance parole for adjustment of status document which is a valid US re-entry document. I do NOT have a valid stamped US visa or a greencard.

a) Do I need a transit visa in AbuDhabi if his stopover in abudhabi is less than 6 hours.
b) Will I have any issues either in Chennai or Abudhabi with Etihad Airways not accepting my advance parole document for entry to chicago?

While most people dont seem to have an issue with this, I heard of one person where the officers in Chennai did not know/recognize the advance Parole document. Has this happened to anyone else? What have your experiences been on this? Please reply as soon as possible if you have travelled to the US from India over the last year via AbuDhabi. Thank you so much!
I travelled last year July and absolutely there were no issues. There is no need for any additional transit visa if you stay at the airport until your next connection flight.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 239
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I traveled in Nov 2011 from Delhi to Chicago via Etihad (Abu Dhabi) and had absolutely no issues with AP and no visa.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
renjuzone is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralayar View Post
I travelled last year July and absolutely there were no issues. There is no need for any additional transit visa if you stay at the airport until your next connection flight.
Thanks. I guess my biggest concern is if airports in India would make a fuss about not having a "stamped US visa" and therefore insist on some other form of UAE visa to board the plane from Chennai to AbuDhabi. A friend of my friend said that the Airline officials of Etihad in Chennai airport were not sure of what AP means (since they havent seen this before) and therefore made a big fuss about not having valid documentation to travel to AbuDhabi. Anyone had good/bad experiences with Etihad/immigration airport officials in India for travel via Etihad in AbuDhabi?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
HydHero is on a distinguished road
Default how to start a new thread

how to start a new thread? can some one guide me?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,025
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydHero View Post
how to start a new thread? can some one guide me?
click on forums (on the top of this page)->sub-category of the topic you want to post -> click on "new thread" at the bottom of the page.

hope that helps.
__________________
Please always consult an Immigration attorney. My post is NOT legal advice and is just my personal opinion.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 52
veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up No issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjuzone View Post
Thanks. I guess my biggest concern is if airports in India would make a fuss about not having a "stamped US visa" and therefore insist on some other form of UAE visa to board the plane from Chennai to AbuDhabi. A friend of my friend said that the Airline officials of Etihad in Chennai airport were not sure of what AP means (since they havent seen this before) and therefore made a big fuss about not having valid documentation to travel to AbuDhabi. Anyone had good/bad experiences with Etihad/immigration airport officials in India for travel via Etihad in AbuDhabi?
Don't know about Chennai but last month (Dec'11) I traveled from JFK to Hyderabad and returned from Hyd to JFK via Abu Dhabhi no issues.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
does parole stamp superceds Advance Parole doc date? AXM Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing 6 10-28-2011 12:25 PM
My Advance Parole Expired before travelling to India and return with Locale Parole bandaru18 Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing 5 05-25-2011 01:50 AM
waiting on advance parole, expediting/re-applying advance parole nsg Immigrant Visa 0 11-17-2009 04:01 PM
Have anyone traveled with Etihad Arilines? kuhelica2000 Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing 9 08-19-2009 12:42 AM
Advance parole expires. WIll my stay be valid in EAD with expired parole status? GCBy3000 All other Green Card Issues 6 03-13-2009 06:40 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org