Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
renjuzone is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Advance Parole - Chennai to Chicago Via Abu Dhabi - Etihad

I plan to travel from Chennai to Chicago via Abudhabi by Etihad airways. I have a valid US advance parole for adjustment of status document which is a valid US re-entry document. I do NOT have a valid stamped US visa or a greencard.

a) Do I need a transit visa in AbuDhabi if his stopover in abudhabi is less than 6 hours.
b) Will I have any issues either in Chennai or Abudhabi with Etihad Airways not accepting my advance parole document for entry to chicago?

While most people dont seem to have an issue with this, I heard of one person where the officers in Chennai did not know/recognize the advance Parole document. Has this happened to anyone else? What have your experiences been on this? Please reply as soon as possible if you have travelled to the US from India over the last year via AbuDhabi. Thank you so much!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts
Default No Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjuzone View Post
I plan to travel from Chennai to Chicago via Abudhabi by Etihad airways. I have a valid US advance parole for adjustment of status document which is a valid US re-entry document. I do NOT have a valid stamped US visa or a greencard.

a) Do I need a transit visa in AbuDhabi if his stopover in abudhabi is less than 6 hours.
b) Will I have any issues either in Chennai or Abudhabi with Etihad Airways not accepting my advance parole document for entry to chicago?

While most people dont seem to have an issue with this, I heard of one person where the officers in Chennai did not know/recognize the advance Parole document. Has this happened to anyone else? What have your experiences been on this? Please reply as soon as possible if you have travelled to the US from India over the last year via AbuDhabi. Thank you so much!
I travelled last year July and absolutely there were no issues. There is no need for any additional transit visa if you stay at the airport until your next connection flight.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute

I traveled in Nov 2011 from Delhi to Chicago via Etihad (Abu Dhabi) and had absolutely no issues with AP and no visa.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
renjuzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralayar View Post
I travelled last year July and absolutely there were no issues. There is no need for any additional transit visa if you stay at the airport until your next connection flight.
Thanks. I guess my biggest concern is if airports in India would make a fuss about not having a "stamped US visa" and therefore insist on some other form of UAE visa to board the plane from Chennai to AbuDhabi. A friend of my friend said that the Airline officials of Etihad in Chennai airport were not sure of what AP means (since they havent seen this before) and therefore made a big fuss about not having valid documentation to travel to AbuDhabi. Anyone had good/bad experiences with Etihad/immigration airport officials in India for travel via Etihad in AbuDhabi?

Old 01-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HydHero is on a distinguished road
Default how to start a new thread

how to start a new thread? can some one guide me?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydHero View Post
how to start a new thread? can some one guide me?
click on forums (on the top of this page)->sub-category of the topic you want to post -> click on "new thread" at the bottom of the page.

hope that helps.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up No issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjuzone View Post
Thanks. I guess my biggest concern is if airports in India would make a fuss about not having a "stamped US visa" and therefore insist on some other form of UAE visa to board the plane from Chennai to AbuDhabi. A friend of my friend said that the Airline officials of Etihad in Chennai airport were not sure of what AP means (since they havent seen this before) and therefore made a big fuss about not having valid documentation to travel to AbuDhabi. Anyone had good/bad experiences with Etihad/immigration airport officials in India for travel via Etihad in AbuDhabi?
Don't know about Chennai but last month (Dec'11) I traveled from JFK to Hyderabad and returned from Hyd to JFK via Abu Dhabhi no issues.