Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum76-travel-out-of-country-and-re-entry-during-after-485-filing/)
-   -   Airpot transit VISA requirement for SWISS AIRPORT (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum76-travel-out-of-country-and-re-entry-during-after-485-filing/3094859-airpot-transit-visa-requirement-for-swiss-airport.html)

immigrant2007 04-02-2013 11:06 PM

Airpot transit VISA requirement for SWISS AIRPORT
 
Need help on requirements for SWISS Airport transit VISA (from USA-INDIA and BACK) for AOS (no H1B). 485 filed in Jul / Aug 2007. Currently working on EADs (combo card)
Not sure if coming out of airport or not or getting custom / immigration clearance as I have no idea about Switzerland Airport (most probably not coming out of airport) but Fight change is definitely there.

sguntaka 04-06-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immigrant2007 (Post 3570187)
Need help on requirements for SWISS Airport transit VISA (from USA-INDIA and BACK) for AOS (no H1B). 485 filed in Jul / Aug 2007. Currently working on EADs (combo card)
Not sure if coming out of airport or not or getting custom / immigration clearance as I have no idea about Switzerland Airport (most probably not coming out of airport) but Fight change is definitely there.

Just because of this confusion, I've been avoiding travelling thru Europe. Good luck !!!

immigrant2007 04-09-2013 07:23 PM

ty for the reply but my question is still open

LondonTown 04-10-2013 09:13 AM

Read and email to consulate for clarifications
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by immigrant2007 (Post 3570408)
ty for the reply but my question is still open

http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/dam/...1-liste2-e.pdf

First read the above link then read below (used google translate so there me be translation errors)

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
- Form I-551 Permanent resident card (valid for two or ten years)
- Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (valid for two or ten years)
- Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (no expiry date)
- Form I-327 Re-entry document (valid for two years - issued to holders
a I-551)
- Resident alien card (identity card for foreign residents, with a duration of
valid for two years, ten years or unlimited. This document guarantees the return of his
holder if the residence of the latter outside of the United States has not lasted more than a
year.)
- Permit to re-enter (return permit a term of two years. This document
guarantees the holder's return only if his stay outside one of the United States
States has not lasted more than two years.)
- Valid temporary residence stamp in a valid passport (one year
validity from the date of issue)

chakdepatte 04-10-2013 11:03 AM

Just travelled via Swiss Air in Jan. your international flight is from the same terminal (i think terminal D). You will not be allowed to go out of the terminal. If you do change your terminal you have to go through passport control. I asked an officer if I could go to other terminals for shopping since my terminal had no good shops. He looked at the passport and said NO. I had to stay on the same terminal.

At port of departure, all they ensure is if you have the valid documents to be considered for entry in that final destination country. since you valid document for India and US. There is nothing to worry. I am in the same boat and have travlelled, Switzerland, Amsterdam, paris and Austria in the last 12 months. The only thing I would avoid would be the London HEathrow Airport.

immigrant2007 04-10-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonTown (Post 3570422)
http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/dam/...1-liste2-e.pdf

First read the above link then read below (used google translate so there me be translation errors)

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
- Form I-551 Permanent resident card (valid for two or ten years)
- Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (valid for two or ten years)
- Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (no expiry date)
- Form I-327 Re-entry document (valid for two years - issued to holders
a I-551)
- Resident alien card (identity card for foreign residents, with a duration of
valid for two years, ten years or unlimited. This document guarantees the return of his
holder if the residence of the latter outside of the United States has not lasted more than a
year.)
- Permit to re-enter (return permit a term of two years. This document
guarantees the holder's return only if his stay outside one of the United States
States has not lasted more than two years.)
- Valid temporary residence stamp in a valid passport (one year
validity from the date of issue)

Thanks a lot Buddy. This is very informative.

immigrant2007 04-10-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chakdepatte (Post 3570425)
Just travelled via Swiss Air in Jan. your international flight is from the same terminal (i think terminal D). You will not be allowed to go out of the terminal. If you do change your terminal you have to go through passport control. I asked an officer if I could go to other terminals for shopping since my terminal had no good shops. He looked at the passport and said NO. I had to stay on the same terminal.

At port of departure, all they ensure is if you have the valid documents to be considered for entry in that final destination country. since you valid document for India and US. There is nothing to worry. I am in the same boat and have travlelled, Switzerland, Amsterdam, paris and Austria in the last 12 months. The only thing I would avoid would be the London HEathrow Airport.

Thanks a lot. I think its from the same terminal but there is a security checkpoint that needs to be crossed.

chakdepatte 04-11-2013 10:19 AM

yes there is a security post
 
but nobody asks for your visa, AP or any paper. so just dont buy any liquids for your handbag at the originating airport as they will be confiscated at the swiss port security check point.

immigrant2007 04-12-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chakdepatte (Post 3570494)
but nobody asks for your visa, AP or any paper. so just dont buy any liquids for your handbag at the originating airport as they will be confiscated at the swiss port security check point.

Thanks again to all of you taking out time to provide inputs.

sukhwinderd 01-05-2015 06:40 PM

any recent experiences
 
as far as people travelling on Advance Parole from US to India via Zurich.

sukhwinderd 01-05-2015 06:45 PM

any recent experiences
 
as far as people transiting on Advance Parole from US to India via Zurich and coming back from same route.

sukhwinderd 01-06-2015 12:04 PM

found some info
 
http://www.united.com/web/en-us/apps/vendors/default.aspx?i=timatic
http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org