Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airpot transit VISA requirement for SWISS AIRPORT

Need help on requirements for SWISS Airport transit VISA (from USA-INDIA and BACK) for AOS (no H1B). 485 filed in Jul / Aug 2007. Currently working on EADs (combo card)
Not sure if coming out of airport or not or getting custom / immigration clearance as I have no idea about Switzerland Airport (most probably not coming out of airport) but Fight change is definitely there.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/04/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute sguntaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant2007 View Post
Need help on requirements for SWISS Airport transit VISA (from USA-INDIA and BACK) for AOS (no H1B). 485 filed in Jul / Aug 2007. Currently working on EADs (combo card)
Not sure if coming out of airport or not or getting custom / immigration clearance as I have no idea about Switzerland Airport (most probably not coming out of airport) but Fight change is definitely there.
Just because of this confusion, I've been avoiding travelling thru Europe. Good luck !!!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

ty for the reply but my question is still open

Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2012
Compare
LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold
Default Read and email to consulate for clarifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant2007 View Post
ty for the reply but my question is still open
http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/dam/...1-liste2-e.pdf

First read the above link then read below (used google translate so there me be translation errors)

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
- Form I-551 Permanent resident card (valid for two or ten years)
- Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (valid for two or ten years)
- Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (no expiry date)
- Form I-327 Re-entry document (valid for two years - issued to holders
a I-551)
- Resident alien card (identity card for foreign residents, with a duration of
valid for two years, ten years or unlimited. This document guarantees the return of his
holder if the residence of the latter outside of the United States has not lasted more than a
year.)
- Permit to re-enter (return permit a term of two years. This document
guarantees the holder's return only if his stay outside one of the United States
States has not lasted more than two years.)
- Valid temporary residence stamp in a valid passport (one year
validity from the date of issue)

Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Just travelled via Swiss Air in Jan. your international flight is from the same terminal (i think terminal D). You will not be allowed to go out of the terminal. If you do change your terminal you have to go through passport control. I asked an officer if I could go to other terminals for shopping since my terminal had no good shops. He looked at the passport and said NO. I had to stay on the same terminal.

At port of departure, all they ensure is if you have the valid documents to be considered for entry in that final destination country. since you valid document for India and US. There is nothing to worry. I am in the same boat and have travlelled, Switzerland, Amsterdam, paris and Austria in the last 12 months. The only thing I would avoid would be the London HEathrow Airport.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTown View Post
http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/dam/...1-liste2-e.pdf

First read the above link then read below (used google translate so there me be translation errors)

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
- Form I-551 Permanent resident card (valid for two or ten years)
- Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (valid for two or ten years)
- Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (no expiry date)
- Form I-327 Re-entry document (valid for two years - issued to holders
a I-551)
- Resident alien card (identity card for foreign residents, with a duration of
valid for two years, ten years or unlimited. This document guarantees the return of his
holder if the residence of the latter outside of the United States has not lasted more than a
year.)
- Permit to re-enter (return permit a term of two years. This document
guarantees the holder's return only if his stay outside one of the United States
States has not lasted more than two years.)
- Valid temporary residence stamp in a valid passport (one year
validity from the date of issue)
Thanks a lot Buddy. This is very informative.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakdepatte View Post
Just travelled via Swiss Air in Jan. your international flight is from the same terminal (i think terminal D). You will not be allowed to go out of the terminal. If you do change your terminal you have to go through passport control. I asked an officer if I could go to other terminals for shopping since my terminal had no good shops. He looked at the passport and said NO. I had to stay on the same terminal.

At port of departure, all they ensure is if you have the valid documents to be considered for entry in that final destination country. since you valid document for India and US. There is nothing to worry. I am in the same boat and have travlelled, Switzerland, Amsterdam, paris and Austria in the last 12 months. The only thing I would avoid would be the London HEathrow Airport.
Thanks a lot. I think its from the same terminal but there is a security checkpoint that needs to be crossed.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute
Default yes there is a security post

but nobody asks for your visa, AP or any paper. so just dont buy any liquids for your handbag at the originating airport as they will be confiscated at the swiss port security check point.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakdepatte View Post
but nobody asks for your visa, AP or any paper. so just dont buy any liquids for your handbag at the originating airport as they will be confiscated at the swiss port security check point.
Thanks again to all of you taking out time to provide inputs.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default any recent experiences

as far as people travelling on Advance Parole from US to India via Zurich.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default any recent experiences

as far as people transiting on Advance Parole from US to India via Zurich and coming back from same route.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default found some info

http://www.united.com/web/en-us/apps/vendors/default.aspx?i=timatic
http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/