Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
brasileiro1287 is on a distinguished road
Default Re-entry with EAD combo card

I will be entering with a EAD combo work/AP card at JFK in NYC soon and the lines are always busy. To save time and patience, what is the best line to get in for my status? I am entering on the EAD with a pending 485 based on marriage case. How is the secondary screening by the way, pretty straight forward if your documents are in order? Thanks guys!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute

this is a busy season, you must stand in the visitors/non-residents line. Sometimes I have gotten moved by the security people into the citizen's line because the visitors line was too long. But don't do that on your own.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks so much!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts open.247 is infamous around these parts
Default do you have Valid H-1

Hi
As you are travelling on EAD /AP combo card can you update me and any body else with experience in same situation . so far I am renewing My H1 every 2 years its expiring next year And my i485 is pending I have already wasted money on renewals of H-1, 5 times I am in EB 3 india backlog.
Now I don't want to renew it and just keep EAD status.

is it ok to do so. and if yes is there any problem in travelling back and forth from india on AP card. ??
Please advise.

Thanks

Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

No issue traveling on AP / Work Auth EAD card, made it through fine. I had all supporting documents to why I had the card though and had to show my marriage certificate to show the name change.

Thanks guys!

Old 01-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough

There are no issues.The only thing you need to take care ,is transit location.
Make sure ,that you don't require a transit visa, while returning to US.

I am in a similar situation.I have used AP , 2 times in last 4years

Ashwani

Quote:
Originally Posted by open.247 View Post
Hi
As you are travelling on EAD /AP combo card can you update me and any body else with experience in same situation . so far I am renewing My H1 every 2 years its expiring next year And my i485 is pending I have already wasted money on renewals of H-1, 5 times I am in EB 3 india backlog.
Now I don't want to renew it and just keep EAD status.

is it ok to do so. and if yes is there any problem in travelling back and forth from india on AP card. ??
Please advise.

Thanks

Old 03-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute mmanurker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasileiro1287 View Post
No issue traveling on AP / Work Auth EAD card, made it through fine. I had all supporting documents to why I had the card though and had to show my marriage certificate to show the name change.

Thanks guys!
can you please list the supporting documents, is it EAD/AP combo card, AP paper document, copy of I-485 and passport?

for last few years i was renewing EAD/AP and was getting the paper document for AP which i used for travel. This time I got 2 year EAD/AP combo card in Apr 2013 and is valid till Apr 2015 but no AP paper document was mailed to me.

Now my question is did you travel on just combo card or did you get AP paper document as well? I am planning to travel this summer outside of USA and was wondering if using EAD/AP combo card which is valid till Apr 2015 would suffice? So basically I will be travelling in second year of EAD/AP card validity and want to know others experience travelling on combo card without the paper AP document. Thank you.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanurker View Post
can you please list the supporting documents, is it EAD/AP combo card, AP paper document, copy of I-485 and passport?

for last few years i was renewing EAD/AP and was getting the paper document for AP which i used for travel. This time I got 2 year EAD/AP combo card in Apr 2013 and is valid till Apr 2015 but no AP paper document was mailed to me.

Now my question is did you travel on just combo card or did you get AP paper document as well? I am planning to travel this summer outside of USA and was wondering if using EAD/AP combo card which is valid till Apr 2015 would suffice? So basically I will be travelling in second year of EAD/AP card validity and want to know others experience travelling on combo card without the paper AP document. Thank you.
----------------------------------

Carry combo card ,that should be enough,but return within the validity period of the card