Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
redford is on a distinguished road
Default Long term stay in India while on AP

Is it safe to stay in India for long term (say 4-5 months) while you are on Advance Parole?

My wife is on pending I-485 and she has valid Advance Parole/ EAD (she has H4 extension but she didn't go to consulate to get it stamped when she went to India last time and decided to be on AP/EAD). Now she is planning to go to India for 4-5 months, so my question is: "IS IT SAFE TO BE IN INDIA FOR SUCH LONG WHILE YOU ARE ON AP?" She has valid AP till May 2010.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all RDB is a name known to all

My wife stayed for 4 months and no questions asked on re-entry to US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redford View Post
Is it safe to stay in India for long term (say 4-5 months) while you are on Advance Parole?

My wife is on pending I-485 and she has valid Advance Parole/ EAD (she has H4 extension but she didn't go to consulate to get it stamped when she went to India last time and decided to be on AP/EAD). Now she is planning to go to India for 4-5 months, so my question is: "IS IT SAFE TO BE IN INDIA FOR SUCH LONG WHILE YOU ARE ON AP?" She has valid AP till May 2010.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

as long as she returns before the expiry date on the AP, she is fine.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute gcbikari has a reputation beyond repute
Default 6 months stay on AP

My wife stayed little less than 6 months. After she came back, we got renewed her already expired EAD. FYI.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
IneedAllGreen has a spectacular aura about IneedAllGreen has a spectacular aura about
Smile Your wife should be OK

My wife came to USA last year on AP after staying for 3 months in India. Couple of my company related questions were asked but rest was OK. You and your wife should be fine.

Thanks

Quote:

)

Old 06-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I am on EAD and I dont have any current employment, except a good faith future employment offer. I am already in bench more than 4 months and tired of it. I want to travel to India and come back after 2 months, using AP. What sort of questions being asked while entering USA and what documents I need to provide?

Thanks in advance