Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP
Click to log in with Facebook
Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
setpit_gc is infamous around these parts setpit_gc is infamous around these parts setpit_gc is infamous around these parts
Default Advance Parole and Transit thru Dunai in Emirates Airlines

Hi,

I am planning to visit India next month. I will transit thru Dubai in Emirates Airlines from West Coast. My 485 is pending and have valid AP and EAD. I have expired H1B visa stamp in my passport.

Did anyone use AP in this route?. Will I have any issues with Emirates Airlines and during transit in Dubai using Advane Parole?.

Please someone help me.

Thanks
Ram
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute

I traveled (together with my family) through this route last year with the same circumstances you are in. There will be no problem and they won't ask you for any documents. If your flight on return is from Dubai to any US city, they will see your AP, Passport. If you have a valid AP at that time then they will allow you back.

Cheers!

MA

Old 04-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute adibhatla has a reputation beyond repute

Also can you please close the other thread that you opened.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
setpit_gc is infamous around these parts setpit_gc is infamous around these parts setpit_gc is infamous around these parts

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

How do I delete the other threrad?.

Thanks
Ram

Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can someone share their recent experience

I have to travel to India in November and return in December and thinking of using Emirates NYC via Dubai. Currently I have a valid Advance Parole. My H-1B has expired.

I would appreciate if someone can share their recent experience.

Any issues with return from India when boarding Emirates in India?

Any issue in switching places in Dubai on the way back?

Do Emirates' ground staff and immigration officials in India and Dubai understand and recognize Advance Parole as valid travel document?

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO BE OR NO TO BE View Post
I have to travel to India in November and return in December and thinking of using Emirates NYC via Dubai. Currently I have a valid Advance Parole. My H-1B has expired.

Do Emirates' ground staff and immigration officials in India and Dubai understand and recognize Advance Parole as valid travel document?

Please help.

Thank you in advance.
Indian immigration officials has nothing to do with whether you have AP or not. Airline ground staff go by rules of countries

Two questions

1. Does Dubai need a transit visa ?
2. Does USCIS accept your card as a valid entry document ?

Is there any documentation proof i.e. website or published document on these ?

these are self explanatory... there is no need to panic or these questions were answered many times.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

here are the details..

Visa & Passport Information Search
Nationality India
Alien resident of United States
Destination United States
Transit countries United Arab Emirates Modify search
Visa & Passport Information
Destination - United States (US)

Passport
Passport required.

Passport Exemptions:
Residents of USA if holding: Holders of a Form I-512 ("Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States"). Holders of a Temporary or Emergency passports.Holders of a Transportation Letter:

Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551);

US "Permit to Re-Enter" (Form I-327);

Document Validity:
Passports and/or passport replacing documents issued to residents of USA must be valid on arrival. Passports issued to nationals of India must be valid for the period of intended stay.

Additional Information:
An expired Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551) with a 10-years validity at time of issuance, is acceptable. Note: this exemption does not apply to Conditional Residents holding I-551s with 2-year expiration.
In addition to the 2-year expiration, these cards are identified by the Category Code CR(numeral). Generally the numerals are 1, 2 or 6. The Category field is to the right of the birth date field on the front of the I-551.
Conditional Residents can be boarded with an expired I-551 if holding a I-797 "Notice of Action" extending the card for an additional year.
Expired Form I-551 is also accepted if holding:
- a Transportation Letter issued by a United States Consular or Immigration officer;
- civilian or military official travel orders issued by the United States Government;
- or is included as dependent spouse or child on the civilian or military official travel orders issued to the alien's spouse or parent by the United States Government. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) pre-embarkation inspection:
- will take place when coming directly from Guam or Virgin Isl.;
- may take place when coming directly from Puerto Rico.If the passport shows a stamp "processed for I-551 temporary evidence of lawful admittance for permanent residence valid until receipt of I-551 employment authorized", such stamp is to be considered Form I-551.

Minors:
Children, up to/incl. 15 years of age, excluding nationals of the USA and nationals entitled to travel under the US Visa Waiver Program (V.W.P.), are allowed to travel on their parent's passport. A person included in the passport of another may not use the passport for travel unless he/she is accompanied by the bearer.

Visa
Visa required.

Visa Exemptions:
Residents of the USA if holding: Holders of a Form I-512 ("Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States").Holders of a "Transportation Letter":

Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551);

US "Permit to Re-Enter" (Form I-327);

Employment Authorization Card (Form I-776), provided endorsed "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole" or "Valid for Reentry to US";

Additional Information:

Transportation letters issued to lawful permanent residents of the US are being replaced by "Lincoln Boarding Foils". This foil contains the annotation 'Not a visa. Bearer is a lawful permanent resident of the United States and may be boarded without transportation carrier liability.'.

Minors:
Visa required, except for minors seeking residency; provided minor is under 2 years of age, and
1- Minor is born to the accompanying parent after issuance of an immigrant visa to the parent but prior to the parent's initial entry to the USA on that immigrant visa. Or
2- Parents hold a Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551); and
-minor is accompanying the parent who is entering the USA as a returnig resident for the first time after the birth of the child, and
-minor holds own passport or is mentioned in parents passport, and
-parent is in possession of an original birth certificate with English translation.
Transit - United Arab Emirates (AE)

Minors:
Passport not required for minors registered in their parent/guardian passport, provided it contains photos of the minors and travelling with the passport bearer.

Visa
Visa required.

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Holders of confirmed onward tickets for a max. transit time of 24 hours.

Visa Issuance:
A 96-hour ("Dubai Stop-over") transit visa can be obtained on arrival at Dubai Airport (DXB) provided:
- transit time is at least 8 hours; and
- holding return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation; and
- traveling at least one sector (inbound or outbound) on Emirates (EK).
Fee: USD 127.-.

Facility is not applicable to passengers arriving on SQ-flights.

Minors:
Separate visa not required for minors registered in their parent/guardian passport, provided their name is endorsed in the visa of the parent/guardian.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you

Thank you very much

Old 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
ak_manu is just really nice ak_manu is just really nice ak_manu is just really nice ak_manu is just really nice ak_manu is just really nice
Default Advance Parole and Transit thru Dunai in Emirates Airlines

You are good. Dubia and flying on emirates does not need any travel visa.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

There should be no issues. I transited through Abu Dhabi while travelling by Etihad. Indian immigration officials do look at the AP (contrary to waht someone said above) since they have to check your eligibility to travel. But both in India and in Abu Dhabi, all officials/airline agents were aware of AP. So no issues at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO BE OR NO TO BE View Post

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Default Thank you

Thank you very much........ak_manu.........forever_waiting for your information. This is very helpful.