Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP
Click to log in with Facebook
Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fradulent companies

Guys,

I am hearing quite a few cases that USCIS is blocking H1 renewals, new 140 approvals and already approved 140 cases. Just recently, one of my friend whose 140 was approved atleast an year back is now revoked by USCIS saying that he worked for a company in the past (long time back) which is flagged as fradulent. There are quite a few cases for H1 renewals as well.

I have been in the EB3/EAD/AP (since July 2007) and I am worried that if something like this happens, it might impact my immigration status.

Not that I worked for such a company, but you never know. I left this company long time back. I cannot control how my old companies behave. I am not sure why we should be punished for what your previouis company did.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts

Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of greendream26 has much to be proud of

MODERATORS Kick this puyrin out of the forum he is a spammer. DHGATE site mentioned at the last is a CHINESE WEBSITE which hackers use for BUYING from USA credit accounts.
I have been a victim by clicking by mistake on wrong links.

I do have necessary proofs if moderator wanna check!!!!! Let me know....

Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute

get your old pay stubs, tax returns, other documents (which prove that you weren't on bench and working while with that employer) and get a good attorney to fight your case.

OR

get a new job and apply in eb2

Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Hey

But I guess my question is - Can USCIS revoke your application becuase your old company is fradulent after you have left the company ?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HypEss9 is on a distinguished road
Default Good Question...

Your query is very genuine but difficult to answer as it is beyond anyone's capability. Ideally, if Govt is taking actions on GC which are in-process they should take action against who had already got GC/Citizenship through those companies. Can they take that action? No, but we do not have capability to argue here.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
csgti has much to be proud of csgti has much to be proud of csgti has much to be proud of csgti has much to be proud of csgti has much to be proud of csgti has much to be proud of csgti has much to be proud of csgti has much to be proud of

Yes, they did mine.. File AC 21 and tell your employer to withdraw your 140.

NOW !!!!!

Old 10-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prasadkan can only hope to improve
Unhappy Victims of VSG Inc, NJ, USA

This is the Brief history of my Case:
joined Company Vision Systems Group in 2003:
-Labor applied: Dec 22, 2003, approved on Oct 02, 2006
-I-140 applied Date: July 01, 2007
-I-140 Received Date: July 01, 2007
-I-140 Notice Date: July 003, 2007
-Do not know whether got any RFE on I140.
-Opened Service Request on I-140: Nov 19, 2008
- Letters written by Local Congress Member: July 09, and Feb 11, 2009.
- Received replies saying ‘It has been selected for Extended security review independent of FBI name check and fingerprints
-Received alert mail on Feb 14, 2012 saying the I-140 has been denied and notice is sent to the Attorney
==============================
- Applied I-485 application, EAD and Advance Parole for Self and spouse: July 01, 2007
- USCIS misplaced the entire bundle of my applications.
- Reconstructed the entire case and submitted again but No reply
-Again with the intervention of the Local Congress man they issued Receipt Notice on June 05, 2008 (After more than 1 year)
- Issued EAD and Advance Parole.
- Got RFE on I-485 Application on Nov 05, 2009 asking Employment Verification letter and photos.
-Submitted reply with document on Dec 0, 2009
- Received alert mail on Feb 24, 2012 saying the I485 has been denied as under lying I-140 was denied.
The attorney received the denial copies on March 03, 2012
-=============================
Under the above sequence of events, it is very important to take into account the happenings in Vision Systems Group Inc, NJ (VSGINC)
USCIS raided and booked VSG Inc for some wrong activities in some other states which none of the innocent employees like me do not know the details. We were constantly given false assurances saying that all the genuine employees will not be affected and their immigration process will go on.
I have been in USA since 1999 and was never out of status and no adverse remarks whatsoever.
But in somewhere in October 2009 the VSG Inc was closed down by USCIS.
I have started to use my EAD from November, 2009 since my I485 is pending for more than 2 years and I have been working with a direct vendor to the client.

I filed an MTR though one of the reputed Lawyers in MD for my I-140 and I – 485 applications and also H1B application to be in status, as I- 485 was denied in March 2012. I got my H1B approved for 1 year and got it stamped in India and entered US with new I-94 valid up to May 01, 2013.

Questions:
1.What my options are now to get extension of H1B beyond
May 01, 2013.
2. Can I apply H1B extension for this based on the present H1B approval (approved Up to May 01, 2013)
3. Or should I file a new PERM labor and I-140 for getting the Extension for H1B. (Which will cost me again $5k).

Is there any other remedy or work around for this situation???
I would appreciate and welcome your replies or views in this regard.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2010
Compare
permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your case as clearly you were not at fault but since your immigration was tied to the employer so if your I-140 was denied, I don't think you can use that I-140 for your H1 extension. Best thing to do is file a new PERM and I-140 or else the previous one will will bite you again in the future. Talk to a attorney and see if USCIS can see the angle that it was not your fault.