Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP
Click to log in with Facebook
Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Albania
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
gman is on a distinguished road
Default FINRA Exam and Immigration Status

Hello All,
Not sure if anyone has ran into this but my wife has applied for a Broker Trainee program with Charles Schwab. Part of that program is for her to take and Series 7 and Series 63 exam. The HR manager told her that she qualifies but the only red flag is that she is on EAD and she doesn't have a greencard yet. My wife is on AOS status, has filed I-485 and has valid EAD. Her application is as a dependent of my primary employment based application. I looked online a bit but can't find FINRA official resources to confirm whether GC is required to take Series 7 or Series 63 exam. Any of you guys have been in similar situation? I take some of you may be in the financial industry.

Please advise and thank you for your help.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashwin is on a distinguished road

GC is not required for the Series 7/83 exams. I work in financial firm with and have seen many traders on H1B/L1A/L1B who have taken these exams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
Hello All,
Not sure if anyone has ran into this but my wife has applied for a Broker Trainee program with Charles Schwab. Part of that program is for her to take and Series 7 and Series 63 exam. The HR manager told her that she qualifies but the only red flag is that she is on EAD and she doesn't have a greencard yet. My wife is on AOS status, has filed I-485 and has valid EAD. Her application is as a dependent of my primary employment based application. I looked online a bit but can't find FINRA official resources to confirm whether GC is required to take Series 7 or Series 63 exam. Any of you guys have been in similar situation? I take some of you may be in the financial industry.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration status is not a concern for Series 7/63/54 etc. Plenty of traders are on H1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
Hello All,

RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010