Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing
Click to log in with Facebook
Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice
Default Experience Letter

Friends, unfortunately my case was filed under EB3 (like many of us) even though I already had a masters degree from the US when the labor was filed. At any rate, the job requirement was to have at least a bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience. Excluding my current employer, I have 1 year of experience in the US and 2 years in India. However, the company in India (that I left a decade ago to come to the US) is no longer in business. So, when we filed my 140, we sent a letter by my previous supervisor on a plain piece of paper (of course with his signature and contact details) about my stint in India. My case is at TSC. In your experience/knowledge, what are the chances of my getting an RFE (or rejection)? Is there anything else I should be ready with in case of an RFE?

Thanks.

GG_007

Last edited by go_getter007; 11-26-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anil_gc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_getter007 View Post
Friends, unfortunately my case was filed under EB3 (like many of us) even though I already had a masters degree from the US when the labor was filed. At any rate, the job requirement was to have at least a bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience. Excluding my current employer, I have 1 year of experience in the US and 2 years in India. However, the company in India (that I left a decade ago to come to the US) is no longer in business. So, when we filed my 140, we sent a letter by my previous supervisor on a plain piece of paper (of course with his signature and contact details) about my stint in India. My case is at TSC. In your experience/knowledge, what are the chances of my getting an RFE (or rejection)? Is there anything else I should be ready with in case of an RFE?

Thanks.

GG_007
I also got the experience letter from my previous employer in India in a similar way, I got my I-140 approved with out any RFE. Hope for the best

Old 11-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_getter007 View Post

Thanks.

GG_007
Did you get notary (Either India or American) stamped that letter ?

Old 11-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice

Hi Bharatpremi, no, my lawyer said just a plain piece of paper is fine - so I didn't get it notarized. Let's see what happens.

Anil, based on what you are saying, I may have a chance to get it approved without an RFE.

Wish me luck! Enough of this documentation BS. :-)

GG_007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Did you get notary (Either India or American) stamped that letter ?

Old 11-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

go_getter007: Try to find your one of the ex colleagues and get a experience letter with your roles and responsibilities on his/her current company letter head. Just in case, USCIS needs a detailed letter

Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not to Worry

I had a similar problem where the company would not provide a specifc letter on the letter head. I spoke to a friend who worked with me in that company as my immediate supervisor for sometime and he just gave me the plain letter with his contact details
I-140 approved. no RFE. it would be nice to notarize the document though.

All will be fine. Enjoy.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare

Thanks all for your reply/encouragement.

GG_007