Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing
Click to log in with Facebook
Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Social Security benefits to non working spouse

In case of death: None, unless enough points are there and a child less than 16 years or non working spouse over 60 years.

I was trying to intrepret social security benefits at www.ssa.gov.

It reminded me, what my wife's doctor told us 3-4 years ago (my wife is with the same doctor for the last 6-7 years) some people in US want to have a child born, when they are getting old it took me 3-4 years to understand.

Here is story - My wife take X class of medicines due to diabetes (I think this means medicines can adversly harm growth of a child during pregnency). So doctor was trying to explain, whenever we want to have child what precaution we have to take and how they help in this type of situations. We asked doctor- how could we think of having another baby, when our kids are grown up, one finished MS, the other one is doing BS. Doctors reply was that some people in US want to have a child born, when they are getting old there are reasons.

After interpreting SSA pages, I think, now I understand economic part of having child in old ages. If Mr A has accumulated enough social security points, Mr. As wife is not working, she is of 44 years and she becomes mother, this child is like insurance. If case of death of Mr. A, wife of Mr. A and Child of Mr. A will keep on getting social security benefits (this is up to 16 years). At the age of 60 (minimum age, when one can get Social Security benefits), Mr As wife can start getting her own Social Security benefits.
Getting term (life) insurance is not possible without GC. Three agents tried to help me at different times, they did not succeed perhaps US lawas are like that. Thinking negatively getting GC may be long wait 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, even 30 years.

Just wondering, is it a common practice to have a child born in old ages as an insurance? Whether H1B people and people at GC path are aware of it?

For me this interpration is a learning and wanted to share it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all
Post You can buy term life when on H1B

I bought term life insurance for 30 yr term and I am still on H1B. Try these agents at www.matrixdirect.com
I485 Appl Mailed - 5Jul2007
I485 Appl ND - 7Sep2007
FP date -??
I485 Approval - ??

Old 05-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default AAA also offers

AAA also offers..