Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing
Click to log in with Facebook
Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/18/2008
Chargeability
:
Sri Lanka
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/18/2008
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 291
Kodi has a spectacular aura about Kodi has a spectacular aura about Kodi has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
If you e-filed and no FP notice then you won't be getting EAD in 90 days.

The day you get FP notice from that at least two weeks after FP will be scheduled. After FP it takes 2 weeks to further processed (Card + approval).

Although USCIS says to contact after 90 days, you should think in terms of getting infopass.

Could anyone else provide some more input?
Mine is paper based. Does anyone know how long it takes when its paper based?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #107 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,330
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Fever View Post
I never imagined that the journey to GC would be such hard, and I have to give my whole life following these notices and EADs and what not. USCIS cannot approve my GC for years and years but now abrubptly they approved my EAD in less than 15 days, when I was expecting to get 2 years extension. My EAD app. was sent out on june 9th and my lawyer told me that they saw approval from yesterday 6/26 (wow 16 days including shipping!!!). USCIS always has hidden agenda, and everybody can tell that it is just money, which leads to such decisions. No body would forget last years july fiasco when they hushed up GC visa numbers for rendering people not to apply before fee hike. The present EAD issues everyone is reporting here is another fiasco. I wonder if there would be barrage of lawsuits for EAD fiasco as we saw last year for july fiasco. Now I understand why USCIS gave themselves time till 30th june, otherwise why wouldn't they make 2 year EADs effective right from the day of announcement in early week of june. Smart move!

Oh well this is what we have to face till we get that "Gone Card"! Day by day my patience is losing. Is it worth all this trouble?
i dont get it...the ead card is valid for a year. you are paying money for 1 year. Instead of being happy that your file has not been lost and have received your ead on time...you are going on a conspiracy theory rant.

Just ask those people who havent received FP notices or havent received their EADs for the last 90 days, what they are going thru. At times we have to count our blessings rather than thinking what we have lost. the 2 year EAD is not your "right." Your "right" is to a 1 year EAD that you PAID for. If one gets a 2 year EAD, its a favor to them done by USCIS.

I dont think one can or should DEMAND favors.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #108 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 125
YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold YesGC_NoGC is a splendid one to behold
Default but i am the one who got the approved mail!!

We would never get want we want

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeixas View Post
If we don't receive a notification today saying that our EAD has been approved, does that mean that we would get a 2-Year EAD card? Or do you think that they will work over the weekend?
__________________
Total contribution $700+

PD- Sept 2002
I-140 - Nov 2005
485 filed- June 29th
Notice date First week of Aug
EAD approved - Mid Aug
FP Done in Late Aug
AP Approved
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #109 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 354
ameryki is a jewel in the rough ameryki is a jewel in the rough ameryki is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_r1 View Post
Is your application with TSC or NSC?
MSC
__________________
Service Center: NSC
EB-3/ PD- Nov 05
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #110 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 354
ameryki is a jewel in the rough ameryki is a jewel in the rough ameryki is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
Did you sent photo? If not then you can be sure.
nope didn't send photos
__________________
Service Center: NSC
EB-3/ PD- Nov 05
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #111 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodi View Post
Mine is paper based. Does anyone know how long it takes when its paper based?
If paper based, then you should wait for 90 days.

The answer to your question is that paper-based EAD got approved in 15 days also. We have so many postings and thread indicating average time to 25-30 days. But still on USCIS web site it is 90 days.

This processing is depending on service center. I think TSC is doing very fast, to the extent that many IV members are blaiming that USCIS is milking us - If they give before Jun 30 it is just for one year. Had they been not doing so fast, it would have been two years EAD.

If you get after Jun 30 you are lucky in terms of getting EAD for two years.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #112 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 02:33 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameryki View Post
nope didn't send photos
So, no way USCIS can give you EAD before you appear for FP. I am in same boat.

They need latest photo. As per requirement it should be taken within 30 days of filing the application.
(http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf page 6 )

Last edited by Dhundhun; 06-28-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #113 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 120
karanp25 will become famous soon enough karanp25 will become famous soon enough
Default

Buddy...take it easy on yourself. I can feel your pain, waiting for almost 10 yrs now...still no sign that this wait will end anytime soon.

But rather than blaming the system and whining, i keep myself content with the fact that no one is forcing me to stay in this country- it's my own choice that i want to continue taking their bullsh*t.

be happy u got ur EAD - 50 days since i applied...still no sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Fever View Post
I never imagined that the journey to GC would be such hard, and I have to give my whole life following these notices and EADs and what not. USCIS cannot approve my GC for years and years but now abrubptly they approved my EAD in less than 15 days, when I was expecting to get 2 years extension. My EAD app. was sent out on june 9th and my lawyer told me that they saw approval from yesterday 6/26 (wow 16 days including shipping!!!). USCIS always has hidden agenda, and everybody can tell that it is just money, which leads to such decisions. No body would forget last years july fiasco when they hushed up GC visa numbers for rendering people not to apply before fee hike. The present EAD issues everyone is reporting here is another fiasco. I wonder if there would be barrage of lawsuits for EAD fiasco as we saw last year for july fiasco. Now I understand why USCIS gave themselves time till 30th june, otherwise why wouldn't they make 2 year EADs effective right from the day of announcement in early week of june. Smart move!

Oh well this is what we have to face till we get that "Gone Card"! Day by day my patience is losing. Is it worth all this trouble?

Last edited by karanp25; 06-28-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #114 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 03:21 AM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1980
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1980
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 22
GC_Fever is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanp25 View Post
Buddy...take it easy on yourself. I can feel your pain, waiting for almost 10 yrs now...still no sign that this wait will end anytime soon.

But rather than blaming the system and whining, i keep myself content with the fact that no one is forcing me to stay in this country- it's my own choice that i want to continue taking their bullsh*t.

be happy u got ur EAD - 50 days since i applied...still no sign.
You are right that it is a long wait...for me ten years is almost coming, but no relief yet. I hate to get these documents renewed every year. It is a vicious cycle whole year round to update one or the other document in different points of time. It is becoming a nightmare when we could do something useful instead.

And yes you are very right that I am responsible for my own choice, but after spending 10 years of my prime life and youth I think there are vey few options otherwise. More importantly when you have kids grown up and more assimilated here. You don't want to force your will on them. I hope you understand what I mean.

BTW, I am surprised that people have given me red dots from behind. Talk to me directly if you think I am wrong.

Last edited by GC_Fever; 06-28-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #115 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 05:00 AM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 120
karanp25 will become famous soon enough karanp25 will become famous soon enough
Default

On a lighter note....the red marks alonside ur IV user profile...they indicate the number of feathers in ur hat---i got more red ones than anyone here..which means i may soon be in IV hall of fame ....once u end up there n still miss ur buddies here on IV forum...u gotta reboot ur modem n sign up again with a diff username... not as diff as an ead renewal:-)

take it easy---u r off the hook for 1 yr now!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Fever View Post
You are right that it is a long wait...for me ten years is almost coming, but no relief yet. I hate to get these documents renewed every year. It is a vicious cycle whole year round to update one or the other document in different points of time. It is becoming a nightmare when we could do something useful instead.

And yes you are very right that I am responsible for my own choice, but after spending 10 years of my prime life and youth I think there are vey few options otherwise. More importantly when you have kids grown up and more assimilated here. You don't want to force your will on them. I hope you understand what I mean.

BTW, I am surprised that people have given me red dots from behind. Talk to me directly if you think I am wrong.

Last edited by karanp25; 06-28-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #116 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 237
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold
Default

I have some questions:

I have EAD and AP, but i never used it. Still working on H1.
My wife used EAD but never went outside US..so never used AP.

1) In EAD form, for Q.15 Current Immigration Status for me and my wife?
2) In AP form, for "Class of Admission", what should I write for me and my wife?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #117 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 432
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantu View Post
I have some questions:

I have EAD and AP, but i never used it. Still working on H1.
My wife used EAD but never went outside US..so never used AP.

1) In EAD form, for Q.15 Current Immigration Status for me and my wife?
2) In AP form, for "Class of Admission", what should I write for me and my wife?

Thanks

Q15: For you = H1B For Wife = AOS Pending

#2 Assuming you entered on H1 and wife on H4 (no Student/visitior etc)

You =H1B Wife =H4

GCCovet
__________________
PD:5/04 EB3-I. I-140 AP 5/2006. I-485 ND 7/07.
****************************************
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

****************************************
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #118 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 237
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccovet View Post
Q15: For you = H1B For Wife = AOS Pending

#2 Assuming you entered on H1 and wife on H4 (no Student/visitior etc)

You =H1B Wife =H4

GCCovet
Yes, we entered on H1 and H4.

But still I am going to write A# for Q.10 in EAD form for me. Is it fine? Or I have to use I-94#?

Thanks GCCovet!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #119 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 84
ars01 is on a distinguished road
Default

I and my wife got our approved EADs in our hand in 17 days (Mailing day to USCIS to recevied date by us). Only strange thing is that my EAD is valid from 06/2008 to 06/2009. I thought the new EADs validity would begin when the existing expires. My existing EAD expires on 09/19/2008. I lost 3 months with this renewal.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #120 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantu View Post
Yes, we entered on H1 and H4.

But still I am going to write A# for Q.10 in EAD form for me. Is it fine? Or I have to use I-94#?

Thanks GCCovet!
For I-485 pending you must give A#.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EAD not approved even after 90 days manfrmind All other Green Card Issues 96 03-03-2009 07:57 PM
I-140 Approved EB3 NSC 540 days! cygent Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options 13 01-07-2009 04:42 AM
EAD approved in 10 days DSLStart Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications 1 11-24-2008 03:36 PM
How many days after first LUD on I-131 is AP approved ? gxr Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications 0 10-21-2007 12:57 PM
I-140 approved in 3 days (!) GoneSouth All other Green Card Issues 15 07-23-2007 03:38 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org