Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing
Click to log in with Facebook
Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
usafever is on a distinguished road
Default How long is too long for Lawyers???

It has been a month since my labor was approved and I am waiting for My lawyer to file to I140.

It is a simple form and I dont know what takes him soo long.

do all lawyers take this long? Mine is based in california .

I am afraid if he could get pissed off from me but Can I ask him to hurry up?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafever View Post
It has been a month since my labor was approved and I am waiting for My lawyer to file to I140.

I just need a rough idea based on everyone's experiences with their lawywers please.

Ideally ..how long you think it should take a lawyer to prepare the docs and file?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold

Technically, I-140 is employer's app amd not yours. Lawyers need to wait for all documentation from your employer. I am not saying lawyers are fast / efficient (in fact far from it, they are one of most.......) but in this case, they may not be the one to blame..

Old 08-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall1998 View Post
Technically, I-140 is employer's app amd not yours. Lawyers need to wait for all documentation from your employer. I am not saying lawyers are fast / efficient (in fact far from it, they are one of most.......) but in this case, they may not be the one to blame..
I agree, I wish I had some visibility to see what they are waiting on? Do you think I can ask him what he is waiting on without ticking him off?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold fall1998 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I agree, I wish I had some visibility to see what they are waiting on? Do you think I can ask him what he is waiting on without ticking him off?
You could, but that probably won't get you any good response. As such, they are working for your employers and not you, so attorney - client privilege applies to their talk with your employer, but not your talk with them!

Your best bet would be to talk to your employer's contact / HR and see what's the hold up. In some circumstances, they have to gather many documents / wait for people movement etc.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute

then go for premium processing. Insist on it if you company/lawyer pushes back on it.

The lawyer is not going to screw up your case because you want it filed faster. Haha...you won't be the first one to ask them to hurry it up.

good luck

Old 08-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I went through I-140 process twice with 2 different companies and two different lawyers. In each case, it took a little over a month to prepare and file the complete petition. It does take some time, even though it's a simple form. Sometimes just getting the right people to review the petition, put their signatures on the forms, and forward the papers can take some time. If you come close to 2 months and it is still its not filed, you should do more aggressive follow up.
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 08-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the world of immigration. 2 months delay is nothing. After filing 140 prepare to wait for years and even decade.
It takes 2 months or even more to fill and sign a simple form because everyone is okay with it. And on top of that many will line up to worship people who file simple forms. I have always maintained that this backlog and the messed up system exists because of immigrants themselves. Fault is immigrants and the attitude. This is the reason we see so many posts on the forums where people will either whine or tell a story of getting screwed. But none will take matters in their own hand and fix the system. Posts like this will continue forever unless people get up from their whining, tracking, predictions and join a big movement to fix the system. Come for the rally and that will be the start of a big change. Many will follow after HR3012 is passed.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------