Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times
Click to log in with Facebook
Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times Receipt tracker, status tracker, processing times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharam View Post
Congrats BharatPremi.

Wish you good luck.

Waiting to see if I will make it this month with my Aug 2003 PD.

Thanks
Thanks. Best luck to you as well.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of pkamthekar has much to be proud of
Default Aug 2003

Bharam,

What is your PD day in Aug 2003 ?
Mine is Aug 4.

We should keep track of each other's app to know when we get approved

Old 08-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Commend your post, but some of statements made by Teddy in his analysis are causing the panick and will create the impression that USCIS system doesn not work in order and do not follow RD/PD logic while approving cases in ramdom during Sept, which is the last month of FY.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- All EB3-I folks who have become current now wish you all the best, I hope everyone gets approved but in reality Sep will likely be a month of random approvals which may truly not follow any order. USCIS approval process is not a single thread batch process however a multi thread user intensive process. From what it appears that even though a case maybe in the so called pre-adjudicated state still the officers give it one final look before approval. So all theories about RD/ND/RD are just statistics its simply your luck now. There is high likelihood of the numbers getting finished before the September month end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally disagree with his statement and please do not post such statements that USCIS will approve cases at random during Sept 2013.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuseattle View Post
Commend your post, but some of statements made by Teddy in his analysis are causing the panick and will create the impression that USCIS system doesn not work in order and do not follow RD/PD logic while approving cases in ramdom during Sept, which is the last month of FY.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- All EB3-I folks who have become current now wish you all the best, I hope everyone gets approved but in reality Sep will likely be a month of random approvals which may truly not follow any order. USCIS approval process is not a single thread batch process however a multi thread user intensive process. From what it appears that even though a case maybe in the so called pre-adjudicated state still the officers give it one final look before approval. So all theories about RD/ND/RD are just statistics its simply your luck now. There is high likelihood of the numbers getting finished before the September month end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally disagree with his statement and please do not post such statements that USCIS will approve cases at random during Sept 2013.
Raju disagreements are always welcome. What I mean is that USCIS handles a very large volume of cases and it is impossible to approve cases in any order when there are hundreds of officers working in individual cases of varying complexity. So following any order even if genuinely intended is simply impossible.

Also if you observe for the last couple of year’s numbers have always been exhausted early in September and if you notice dates have been generously extended for all categories with the idea to use up every available number. So it is highly likely that numbers get exhausted and some people get approved and some do not, so it is important to have realistic expectations. I do certainly wish that everyone gets approved.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Raju disagreements are always welcome. What I mean is that USCIS handles a very large volume of cases and it is impossible to approve cases in any order when there are hundreds of officers working in individual cases of varying complexity. So following any order even if genuinely intended is simply impossible.

Also if you observe for the last couple of year’s numbers have always been exhausted early in September and if you notice dates have been generously extended for all categories with the idea to use up every available number. So it is highly likely that numbers get exhausted and some people get approved and some do not, so it is important to have realistic expectations. I do certainly wish that everyone gets approved.
I agree USCIS is dealing with large data, but they do have to follow PD order for approvals.

As such people are running from pillar to Post and when a expert like u claims that USCIS might approve cases in random they go into panick mode and clog USCIS customer support, infoPass and congressional intervention routes for the folks who genuinely need those.

what imeant to say here is "Pappu" is advising not to do bother USCIS, and your statement creates the impression as if USCIS system doesnt work in order and people go into panick mode. This is contradictory to what IV leader is trying to encourage people not botheriung USCIS and let the agency do its Job. I have seen only once during July/Aug 2007 USCIS approvals were random and out of any processing order. But now its 2013, USCIS systems and processes vastly improved in last 6 years and i do not see any repeat of 2007. We are talking merely about 5K additional cases for USCIS to be aproved for the entire EB-3. Rest of the quota remains same.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuseattle View Post
I agree USCIS is dealing with large data, but they do have to follow PD order for approvals.

As such people are running from pillar to Post and when a expert like u claims that USCIS might approve cases in random they go into panick mode and clog USCIS customer support, infoPass and congressional intervention routes for the folks who genuinely need those.

what imeant to say here is "Pappu" is advising not to do bother USCIS, and your statement creates the impression as if USCIS system doesnt work in order and people go into panick mode. This is contradictory to what IV leader is trying to encourage people not botheriung USCIS and let the agency do its Job. I have seen only once during July/Aug 2007 USCIS approvals were random and out of any processing order. But now its 2013, USCIS systems and processes vastly improved in last 6 years and i do not see any repeat of 2007. We are talking merely about 5K additional cases for USCIS to be aproved for the entire EB-3. Rest of the quota remains same.
Iam also an ordinary guy like you who has gone through the same grind, what individuals need to do should be left best to their judgment Iam in no way suggesting that they contact USCIS just want people to have realistic expectations, being current is no guarantee for approval especially when the date movement is geared to finish the numbers and not fall short of eligible candidates. So definitely some will get approved and some will have to wait we would know the proportion only in September. Since you mention 5k this is definitely well beyond EB3-I annual cap itself we have had more than 3K approvals already by the inventory, my personal take is that these numbers are out of EB3 ROW the date movement there did not generate applications quickly enough. So the EB3 ROW spillover will truly determine how many EB3-I cases get approved.

I definitely agree that randomness has decreased after 2007 and we have come a long way forward, however even you look at Feb - Mar 2012 approvals happened pretty much left and right without any regard to PD /RD/ ND as a large window was current. People as late as Dec 2012 were approved and many unlucky folks with mid 2007 Pd’s had to wait full 1.5 years. Randomness is bound to happen as its several officers approving cases and every case has a different level of complexity it would be less if the date movement is more gradual or spread over 12 months there are other logistical issues with that as retrogressed countries are spillover dependent which can greatly vary.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkamthekar View Post
Bharam,

What is your PD day in Aug 2003 ?
Mine is Aug 4.

We should keep track of each other's app to know when we get approved
You did not read pappu's post about tracking.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Iam also an ordinary guy like you who has gone through the same grind, what individuals need to do should be left best to their judgment Iam in no way suggesting that they contact USCIS just want people to have realistic expectations, being current is no guarantee for approval especially when the date movement is geared to finish the numbers and not fall short of eligible candidates. So definitely some will get approved and some will have to wait we would know the proportion only in September. Since you mention 5k this is definitely well beyond EB3-I annual cap itself we have had more than 3K approvals already by the inventory, my personal take is that these numbers are out of EB3 ROW the date movement there did not generate applications quickly enough. So the EB3 ROW spillover will truly determine how many EB3-I cases get approved.

I definitely agree that randomness has decreased after 2007 and we have come a long way forward, however even you look at Feb - Mar 2012 approvals happened pretty much left and right without any regard to PD /RD/ ND as a large window was current. People as late as Dec 2012 were approved and many unlucky folks with mid 2007 Pd’s had to wait full 1.5 years. Randomness is bound to happen as its several officers approving cases and every case has a different level of complexity it would be less if the date movement is more gradual or spread over 12 months there are other logistical issues with that as retrogressed countries are spillover dependent which can greatly vary.
The randomness is not really decreased after 2007. It is the same. A that time it looked more random because dates used to go back and forth in bulletin and people had not filed I485. In 2007 people have filed AOS and they are all pre judged. So it appears to be approval in some sort of order. But it is not and will never be since it is impossible in a manual process.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

EB-2 india approval seems random but in reality it is not, bcos many folks with older EB-3 PDs ported out to EB-2 and their new I140 approvals started coming in 2011 and 2012 bcos of delays in perm and audits in some instances, so it seems like filed in 2012 but the original India EB3 PD may have been from year 2004 or 2005.

I still believe in USCIS's claim that they have been following PDs while approving.

Very few cases got stuck in the background checks, but those are mainly the fraud and shady Employers who abused Labor Sub, EB1C and EB3 to EB2 porting, majority of the straight forward EB2 india cases are being approved with PD order.

Anyways EB3 india approvals in Sept 2013 will prove my claim, i am tracking all EB3 india approvals coming in Sept 2013. I will share my findings with you all. IF I see random approvals in the EB3 queue where USICS do have a huge pending inventory then something is grossly wrong at USCIS.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think so too

I think so too. 98% FIFO.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default where to file I485 for nj resident?

Hi Folks,

slightly off topic, but I am planning to self-file my wife's I485. Does anyone here know where this should be filed for NJ residents? per the (somewhat confusing) instructions at
USCIS - Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

I am thinking it should be the Dallas Lockbox (Per my reading of the instuctions). could someone confirm?

thanks

Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where is ur 140 approval from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by django1 View Post
Hi Folks,

slightly off topic, but I am planning to self-file my wife's I485. Does anyone here know where this should be filed for NJ residents? per the (somewhat confusing) instructions at
USCIS - Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

I am thinking it should be the Dallas Lockbox (Per my reading of the instuctions). could someone confirm?

thanks
Where is ur 140 approval from? My attorney said it should go to the same center as your 140.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute django1 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm... my I140 as well as I485 are from nebraska but there is nothing that indicates that the 485 for my wife should be filed to nebraska. guess ill just file in texas

Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jhegde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yes, you can file anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by django1 View Post
hmm... my I140 as well as I485 are from nebraska but there is nothing that indicates that the 485 for my wife should be filed to nebraska. guess ill just file in texas
You can file with any service center. Ultimately it will be transferred to the service center where your I-140 was approved. This may delay the processing though.